+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parents and Grandparents Sponsorship 2018

curious205

Mar 20, 2018
Hello,
I got my sponsorship approval mid-november, and I had noticed that applicant's status on e-cas was "in process". I logged in today and it has reverted to "application received". It got me a bit anxious. Anyone else experienced that?
Yup. It happened to me as well. There's no need to be anxious about it. It simply means that the assigned LVO for your PGP application has finally received your files and booked it into its processing queue. Have you logged into MyCIC/GCKey? They might have sent you second AOR in there. But, second AOR is not always sent to applicants. Ottawa changes ECAS status on sponsor and PA to "in process" while they are processing SA. Once SA is made, LVO takes over and ECAS status on PA changes into "App received" by LVO.

That's normal.

Reactions: singhisking83

liyatoni

Nov 20, 2017
Hello,

Does anyone know how much time will CIC allow for entering to Canada after the PR visa is received? In other words, how long is the PR visa usually valid for?

sunjuxta1

Aug 22, 2018
hi, need assistance..
Got Medical and police clearance request yesterday. My mother lives with me on a super visa in Toronto, whats the easiest way to get police clearance.. is it thorough BLS ? and if so then how much time on an average they take for such a request...
Also my mother is flying back to India on Jan 3rd, so stuck with all the time line pressures cause CIC wants the docs by Jan 6th..

singhisking83

Jul 16, 2018
Yup. It happened to me as well. There's no need to be anxious about it. It simply means that the assigned LVO for your PGP application has finally received your files and booked it into its processing queue. Have you logged into MyCIC/GCKey? They might have sent you second AOR in there. But, second AOR is not always sent to applicants. Ottawa changes ECAS status on sponsor and PA to "in process" while they are processing SA. Once SA is made, LVO takes over and ECAS status on PA changes into "App received" by LVO.

That's normal.
Thank you for clarifying the process. This really helps calm the nerves down :)
I logged in through the GC key, no updates there as of now.
I greatly appreciate your response.

Emmkay49

Sep 17, 2018
hi, need assistance..
Got Medical and police clearance request yesterday. My mother lives with me on a super visa in Toronto, whats the easiest way to get police clearance.. is it thorough BLS ? and if so then how much time on an average they take for such a request...
Also my mother is flying back to India on Jan 3rd, so stuck with all the time line pressures cause CIC wants the docs by Jan 6th..
We got the pcc india done by BLS within 10 days delivered by courier,if you opt for self collection of passport and pcc , you can get it in a week

sunjuxta1

Aug 22, 2018
We got the pcc india done by BLS within 10 days delivered by courier,if you opt for self collection of passport and pcc , you can get it in a week
Thanks for the prompt reply.. just have one more question.. was you Pc sent to cic through the email and should I send the medical report on that email as well ?

Emmkay49

Sep 17, 2018
Thanks for the prompt reply.. just have one more question.. was you Pc sent to cic through the email and should I send the medical report on that email as well ?
I sent the pcc through email as well as through web form. You can include the e medical information sheet if you wish though the medical results will be sent by the panel physician only.

sunjuxta1

Aug 22, 2018
I sent the pcc through email as well as through web form. You can include the e medical information sheet if you wish though the medical results will be sent by the panel physician only.
**** hey Everyone, just an urgent inquiry.. i am planning to go to BLS or CGI on Monday to apply PCC for my mother.. they are asking a proof of Canadian address for my mother. I have none as all the bills i.e gas, phone etc come in my name only. can someone please suggest something what other docs would be acceptable. Thanks for the help.
Would thet accept the letter that i have received from CIC with her name and my address on it as a proof. please advise, thanks once again.

Last edited:

Can150

Star Member
Sep 1, 2018
I thought of sharing this information as it can be useful for someone.

I received my in-laws COPR letter or passport request today. I was given both option of submitting my in-laws passport either through VFS or to CPC Canada.

Apart from checking at the forum, I also spoke to IRCC Contact Center to an agent. They confirmed that I can submit my father-in-laws passport in India and Mother-in-law's passport in Canada (since she is here).

Note - My Mother-in-law will not get the PR before my father -in-law lands in Canada (since he is the primary applicant). You can only get the PR, when you land with the primary applicant or after they have landed.

Hopefully, it may be helpful to someone seeking more information
That is a very valuable piece of information. You are truely a Rockstar!! :)

nnaeiluj0918

Nov 10, 2008
Please add on the spreadsheet:

Application sent Sept 25, 2018
Philippines
Mother & Father
NOA Provided
Destination : Brampton ON
Invitation Received : July 31, 2018

Reactions: YULIA-2016

sunjuxta1

Aug 22, 2018
**** hey Everyone, just an urgent inquiry.. i am planning to go to BLS or CGI on Monday to apply PCC for my mother.. they are asking a proof of Canadian address for my mother. I have none as all the bills i.e gas, phone etc come in my name only. can someone please suggest something what other docs would be acceptable. Thanks for the help.
Would thet accept the letter that i have received from CIC with her name and my address on it as a proof. please advise, thanks once again.
Anyone who can help me ... ?

Emmkay49

Sep 17, 2018
Address proof of the sponsor
Anyone who can help me ... ?
Your id(passport),your status (PR card or citizenship certificate) your address proof(driving license or energy bill), your mother's passport and her 4 photos are only needed.