+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parents and Grandparents Sponsorship 2018

tubbateena

Jun 8, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi Everyone, I am planning to support my parents for intake 2019 but whenever I would view the forms needed for application, it just wont open. Everytime I would click on the form I want to open, it will lead me to a page that says I need to download a different viewer. I have tried opening it in 5 different laptop/ipads and tried downloading the version they want me to use but to no avail. I am just wondering would they make the forms unavailable for viewing because the submission for 2018 was closed on February of this year? Any help would be appreciated. Have a great day!

petal765

Mar 20, 2014
Alberta
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
london/isb
App. Filed.......
27-09-2018
AOR Received.
12/18
File Transfer...
July8,2019
Med's Request
December 27,2019
Med's Done....
January 14,2020
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
February 11,2020
VISA ISSUED...
February 18,2020
LANDED..........
March 04,2020
Hi Everyone, I am planning to support my parents for intake 2019 but whenever I would view the forms needed for application, it just wont open. Everytime I would click on the form I want to open, it will lead me to a page that says I need to download a different viewer. I have tried opening it in 5 different laptop/ipads and tried downloading the version they want me to use but to no avail. I am just wondering would they make the forms unavailable for viewing because the submission for 2018 was closed on February of this year? Any help would be appreciated. Have a great day!
Open it on Explorer rather than chrome, you will be able to view them

enjoycanada

Oct 25, 2016
Hi Yulia,

My parents there Medical’s done on 16th nov. I have not heard anything from CIC. ECAS status and MyCIC still shows old status. Doctors office confirmed that they had sent all reports.
Kindly let me know if you have an idea how long does it take for medical to be done. Also, there might be issues with my parents health. If they see issues, how long do they take to make decision?

Cravethe6th

Aug 8, 2018
download and open in Adobe PDF... don't do it with browser

Kimberly007

Oct 11, 2016
Good day everyone please i need help. I moved to Canada in Aug 2017. My family is made up of 6 people ( Dad, Mum and 4 kids including me).

All my siblings are above 18 years old and am the only one in Canada they intend doing the express entry system.

I want to file for my parents and i dont know what income threshold i should choose (3 persons or 6). Also i have only filed taxes in canada once (2017) when i filed it i only put in the income i earned in canada not outside canada that year.

Please can i go and reassess my filed income to include what i earned outside canada and how do i file for 2016 taxes? to make up the 3 years

Thanks

Can150

Star Member
Sep 1, 2018
Good day everyone please i need help. I moved to Canada in Aug 2017. My family is made up of 6 people ( Dad, Mum and 4 kids including me).

All my siblings are above 18 years old and am the only one in Canada they intend doing the express entry system.

I want to file for my parents and i dont know what income threshold i should choose (3 persons or 6). Also i have only filed taxes in canada once (2017) when i filed it i only put in the income i earned in canada not outside canada that year.

Please can i go and reassess my filed income to include what i earned outside canada and how do i file for 2016 taxes? to make up the 3 years

Thanks
You can only file income tax here for the period you have been a resident of Canada (that is as a resident either on a Permanent Resident Visa, Work Permit, Study Permit, etc), therefore you are already covered as you have filed your returns for the income earned in Canada in 2017. You can also file your 2016 tax return and the portion of 2017 income earned outside Canada but you will have to do that in the country where you have earned that income. Therefore, if you want to apply for your parents, you can do so in 2020 after you have become eligible, which is meeting the minimum income requirement for 2017, 2018 & 2019. Number of members in your family would be 6 and 2 for your parents which will be a total of 8 family members. You can use the current Federal Income Table as a reference but you will need to wait for another year when IRCC publishes their Federal Income Table for 2020 application.

Christine Z

Jan 22, 2014
Hello everyone,
I received a request for a copy of my dad's military records from China. Anyone here got the similar request? If you are also from China, are you able to tell me where/how should we go about getting this thing done?
Thanks a million!!!

MIKENZ123

Star Member
Oct 12, 2018
If you are using on MAC, right click at form and save it to desktop or any folder, the form can be open from there.

Kimberly007

Oct 11, 2016
You can only file income tax here for the period you have been a resident of Canada (that is as a resident either on a Permanent Resident Visa, Work Permit, Study Permit, etc), therefore you are already covered as you have filed your returns for the income earned in Canada in 2017. You can also file your 2016 tax return and the portion of 2017 income earned outside Canada but you will have to do that in the country where you have earned that income. Therefore, if you want to apply for your parents, you can do so in 2020 after you have become eligible, which is meeting the minimum income requirement for 2017, 2018 & 2019. Number of members in your family would be 6 and 2 for your parents which will be a total of 8 family members. You can use the current Federal Income Table as a reference but you will need to wait for another year when IRCC publishes their Federal Income Table for 2020 application.

Thanks that means i cant file for 2016 since i wasnt a permanent resident that year?

Also for the income am not really understanding it, am not married and i dont have any kids. i have my mum and dad= 2, me and my siblings = 4 (2+4=6). must my income fall under 6 households or 3 households ( those i will be sponsoring me , my dad and mum)

Thanks

Can150

Star Member
Sep 1, 2018
Thanks that means i cant file for 2016 since i wasnt a permanent resident that year?

Also for the income am not really understanding it, am not married and i dont have any kids. i have my mum and dad= 2, me and my siblings = 4 (2+4=6). must my income fall under 6 households or 3 households ( those i will be sponsoring me , my dad and mum)

Thanks
Oh, okay. Yes, in that case number of family members would be 1(yourself) + 2 (Mom & Dad) + Any dependent of your Mom & Dad under the age of 22. If all three siblings are under the age of 22 then, your family size would be 6.

Refer to Guide 5772 - Application to Sponsor Parents and Grandparents, go over the section "Who Should be included in the Sponsorship Application?" for complete detail.
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/application-forms-guides/guide-5772-application-sponsor-parents-grandparents.html#child

babybenz

Jan 26, 2018

Thanks
You MUST be Permanent resident or Citizen of Canada in order to sponsor for your parents.
As such, any income that you earned BEFORE you become Permanent residents will not count
You have just become Permanent resident in 2017 so your Tax return for 2017 count.
However, you MUST meet 3 consecutive years income requirement immediate before your application, which mean, you will be eligible to sponsor your parents in 2020 if your total income for 2017 + 2018 + 2019 meet the requirement each and every year respectively. This income requirement is updated every year on the IRCC website
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/application-forms-guides/guide-5772-application-sponsor-parents-grandparents.html
The above Guide will also show you how to calculate your family size and, how to determine if your siblings are eligible or not.
But to cut short, if you meet the following criteria:
1/ You are single: Not married and/or No common law partner
2/ You have no kids of your own
3/ All of your siblings are NOT under 22 years old
4/ All of your siblings are NOT dependent on your parents

---> Your family size which is used to determine the income requirement is 3. But let's say, you are married in 2019 and have a baby in 2020, your family size would then be 5.
Hope this helps

benel

Star Member
Jan 18, 2018
Hi all, I have a specific question :
My parents received their visa as permanent residents recently and we're planning their arrival... their visas expire on same day as their passports. My question is: how close to the expiry date of their visa and passports can they enter Canada ? Is there a certain number of days before expiry date that IRCC or CBSA mandates? For example a month before the passport expires...

YULIA-2016

Champion Member
Mar 4, 2015
Visa Office......
Warsaw
App. Filed.......
Jan.2016
AOR Received.
June 2016
File Transfer...
Jan.2017
Med's Request
First June 06-2017 from Warsaw ; Second 26 July 2018 from London
Med's Done....
Sep 27 2018
Passport Req..
DM Sep 29 2018, PPR Oct 01 2018
VISA ISSUED...
Oct 10 2018
My mother & I have our IME tomorrow morning! What can we expect to happen next and how long is the wait usually now?

We only have access ECAS so I'm not sure what will be updated on there.
you will see Medical received in E-case if you pass IME