+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parents and Grandparents Sponsorship 2018

Cravethe6th

Aug 8, 2018
Hello folks,
The principal applicant is my mom, and her dependent is my dad. She's still waiting for PPR. LVO is in Ottawa. My mom is here in Canada as super visa, my dad is in the Phils. My question is, if ever she got PPR, is my dad included in the PPR? And where will I submit my dad's passport? Any answer is well appreciated.
Thanks a lot
full timeline??

fvalerach

Aug 4, 2016
Don't be afraid to ask them about the application. After all, you don't call CIC to chitchat. Be nice and explain why you are calling. Just tell them that some people you know already got SA and etc (you don't need to be specific), and that you are wondering if there's something they can see on their end that you could not see. Call center agents are just messengers. So, be polite and ask for any help they can offer.
thanks! will do this and report back!

badar14

Champion Member
May 5, 2012
Vancouver
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
02-05-2010
LANDED..........
06-Aug-2013
Hi Folk

My in-laws are in Canada on Super Visa. Current VO is London, what should I do to change the VO to Ottawa ? Any possibility ?

Thanks in advance

badar14

Champion Member
May 5, 2012
Vancouver
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
02-05-2010
LANDED..........
06-Aug-2013
seemingly all Pakistani applicants belong to London LVO.
Either they are here or in Pakistan ? will not make any effect you think ? VO will remain same ? London ?
are you sure 100%

Thanks

curious205

Mar 20, 2018
I am not sure VO is selected based on Nationality or country of residence. If anyone have any info on that ?
They do select LVO based on the nationality. However, Ottawa VO will take some applications for unknown reasons. My guess is that Ottawa takes some applicants that already have super visas. Even then, they do not take "all" of them.

In any case, the decision lies with CIC, not with the applicants. You cannot choose which LVO processes your files. Otherwise, there will be hundreds of people asking for Ottawa or whichever LVO that seems to process fast. Then, Ottawa VO will be the slower VO due to the amount of applications it handles. Then, other slower LVO such as London VO will be the faster one. All of a sudden, quite a few applicants from Ottawa will want their files to be sent over to London. It will be a never ending cycle of jumping the line. For that reason, CIC makes decision on the LVO that processes your file.

You are certainly welcome to try and ask CIC to send your files to Ottawa VO. Let us know if that works. :p

Reactions: katewilson76

Assaf97

Star Member
Apr 19, 2018
My mother & I have our IME tomorrow morning! What can we expect to happen next and how long is the wait usually now?

We only have access ECAS so I'm not sure what will be updated on there.

bugsnette

Oct 20, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
15-09-2011
Hi Folk
My in-laws are in Canada on Super Visa. Current VO is London, what should I do to change the VO to Ottawa ? Any possibility ?
Thanks in advance
As per the email I received, looks like VO is chosen based on the address given. See below snippet from the letter we received:

"This visa office was selected based on your relative’s home address and the requirements of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act."