+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parents and Grandparents Sponsorship 2018

makbar24

Jan 26, 2009
Hi everyone,
it is good to see some of member (from 2018) getting medical request. I have couple of quick questions:
1) let say if your file transfer to Ottawa process centre and your parent is already in Canada( thru super visa), will they have to do their medical back Home or they can do it in Canada( as they are already in here)?
2) What is the possibility that your file may be transfer to Ottawa process system centre, if your parent already in Canada while submitting the application ?
3) if File transfer to Ottawa process centre, is there any extra benefit such as process will be faster than your Home country( such as India)?

Senior please advice and will be highly appreciated your help on those facts.

SMA.DE

Jun 19, 2011
Anyone knows how I can edit or delete one of my old post? I addressed it to the wrong person. Even after I login, I don't see an edit button for my post. Thanks.

If I have to contact the admin, who is the admin?

Last edited:

curious205

Mar 20, 2018
I havn't had a second AOR from London VO, they have had it for over 2 and a half months now
Although I said my application has only been in SG VO for a week, I meant a week from receiving 2nd AOR, which took two weeks for them to issue it. So, it has been 3 weeks since Ottawa transfer my files to SG VO.

I'm not sure if all the VOs operate on the same procedure. I'm not aware of other PGP applicants who got 2nd AOR from local VO. They seem to get medical and PCC requests right after SA, and skip the 2nd AOR altogether. So, it may be the case for you too.

Reactions: katewilson76

curious205

Mar 20, 2018
Has anyone submitted a case specific inquiry to London Office, to find out current status ?
is it a good idea to send an inquiry through web form OR even through local MP ?
It depends on how long it has been sitting at the London VO. The following paragraph is from the 2nd AOR I received from SG VO.

"How long will it take to process my application?
Processing times vary. You can consult the processing times for reference at:
www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/times
Please be aware that answering e-mails takes time away from processing applications. For this reason, unless your application has exceeded normal processing times, please limit your correspondence to notifying us of changes in your application."

So, unless it has exceeded the estimated time frame for PGP applications, it may not be wise to bug them. But, I'd say it is reasonable to ask for a quarterly status update from them if ECAS/MyCiC does not have any update.

Once it has passed the normal processing time, contact them through IRCC web form first. If the answer is not satisfactory, your MP should be able to get in touch with the immigration minister's office for information and give it a nudge. Even then, CIC has a lot of latitude on how long it takes to process your application depending on the complexity of each application.

So, I'd advise to hold off at least for 3 months before contacting your local VO or MP.

Last edited:

Sandipppp

Star Member
Aug 13, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC- Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-08-2014
AOR Received.
10-3-2015
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
07-04-2015
Med's Request
08-05-2015
Med's Done....
12-05-2015
Passport Req..
03-06-2015
VISA ISSUED...
08-06-2015
LANDED..........
19-06-2015
I received a police clearance request. Not sure what "Multiple" means in the following sentence that is in the letter:

"Police Certificates (Multiple): Please provide a copy of an original, valid police certificate from India."

Please help.

Sandipppp

Star Member
Aug 13, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC- Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-08-2014
AOR Received.
10-3-2015
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
07-04-2015
Med's Request
08-05-2015
Med's Done....
12-05-2015
Passport Req..
03-06-2015
VISA ISSUED...
08-06-2015
LANDED..........
19-06-2015
Hi everyone,
it is good to see some of member (from 2018) getting medical request. I have couple of quick questions:
1) let say if your file transfer to Ottawa process centre and your parent is already in Canada( thru super visa), will they have to do their medical back Home or they can do it in Canada( as they are already in here)?
2) What is the possibility that your file may be transfer to Ottawa process system centre, if your parent already in Canada while submitting the application ?
3) if File transfer to Ottawa process centre, is there any extra benefit such as process will be faster than your Home country( such as India)?

Senior please advice and will be highly appreciated your help on those facts.
Hello,

I am not an expert as other ppl are here, but in my opnion i think Ottawa processes faster than others at this moment and your parents can do their medical here in Canada.

curious205

Mar 20, 2018
I received a police clearance request. Not sure what "Multiple" means in the following sentence that is in the letter:

"Police Certificates (Multiple): Please provide a copy of an original, valid police certificate from India."

Please help.
Perhaps, one for your mom and one for your dad (2 = plural = multiple ??). It could also mean they want PCC from several jurisdictions? I was going to say "multiple countries". But, they spelled out PCC from India. So, unless you require several PCCs from India, it means they need one PCC for each applicant; hence, multiple PCCs.

That's my take on it anyway.

Cravethe6th

Aug 8, 2018
Hello,

I am not an expert as other ppl are here, but in my opnion i think Ottawa processes faster than others at this moment and your parents can do their medical here in Canada.
i believe the location of LVO depends on the origin of the parents, which can't be changed, so it's rili no point to compare the processing time among multiple offices.

Reactions: YULIA-2016

Sandipppp

Star Member
Aug 13, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC- Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-08-2014
AOR Received.
10-3-2015
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
07-04-2015
Med's Request
08-05-2015
Med's Done....
12-05-2015
Passport Req..
03-06-2015
VISA ISSUED...
08-06-2015
LANDED..........
19-06-2015
Perhaps, one for your mom and one for your dad (2 = plural = multiple ??). It could also mean they want PCC from several jurisdictions? I was going to say "multiple countries". But, they spelled out PCC from India. So, unless you require several PCCs from India, it means they need one PCC for each applicant; hence, multiple PCCs.

That's my take on it anyway.
Thank you. I believe if i submit the PCC through my cic, it should be okay. RIght?

sunjuxta1

Aug 22, 2018
Kind of confused.. need help.. about 2 months ago online status showed "app received", then they asked for a document after which the status showed as "in process " and when I checked it today it went back to " app received"...why and how is that possible ?