+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parents and Grandparents Sponsorship 2018

rajtoronto

Aug 24, 2018
folks, i am confused, my application was received on 8/8, got AOR on 11/15, now I am seeing status as "Submitted" with date of 11/19 in the mycic account ... what does the "submitted" status mean? never heard of "submitted" statys

USK

Star Member
Jul 7, 2012
folks, i am confused, my application was received on 8/8, got AOR on 11/15, now I am seeing status as "Submitted" with date of 11/19 in the mycic account ... what does the "submitted" status mean? never heard of "submitted" statys
That's normal. Nothing to worry about.

Miletski05

Jan 31, 2015
Edmonton
Category........
Hello,

We initially applied for a TRV for my DAd since my papers are still on process as PR. Now that I am a PR, my dad’s got a Multiple Entry Visa and we are wondering how to change it to Grandparent Supervisa? Also, if he has a Multiple Entry can he stay longer than 5 months?

Thank you!

Sarah86

Aug 7, 2018
Can anyone please help me . I just got asked to provide a separation document for my parents. They are separated since 2004 with no official document , what are the options for me to provide ?

Tgill

Star Member
Aug 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-05-2013
AOR Received.
23-05-2013
File Transfer...
24-05-2013
Med's Done....
26-03-2013
Passport Req..
12-06-2013
VISA ISSUED...
got IN PROCESS -7 NOV and DM -29 nov
LANDED..........
soon
@YULIA-2016
passport sent -26 November 2018
can you please update
Thanks

Reactions: YULIA-2016

YULIA-2016

Champion Member
Mar 4, 2015
Visa Office......
Warsaw
App. Filed.......
Jan.2016
AOR Received.
June 2016
File Transfer...
Jan.2017
Med's Request
First June 06-2017 from Warsaw ; Second 26 July 2018 from London
Med's Done....
Sep 27 2018
Passport Req..
DM Sep 29 2018, PPR Oct 01 2018
VISA ISSUED...
Oct 10 2018
Can anyone please help me . I just got asked to provide a separation document for my parents. They are separated since 2004 with no official document , what are the options for me to provide ?
21t century, go and do it official otherwise you need count dad like +1 member

Sarah86

Aug 7, 2018
21t century, go and do it official otherwise you need count dad like +1 member
Believe it or not , some countries are still living in the 18th century , others might even not recognize one . My question is what are the alternatives I have in hand to prove they are separated .

negz

Feb 7, 2018
Hi All,
I received PPR email for my parents today Nov 23.
I hope everyone gets their result soon.
For some reason I can not update the spreadsheet. Yulia can you please update my record? Thanks!
Thanks @YULIA-2016 ! I would like to take this opportunity to thank you and other admins of this forum . It was a great help and reference for me through out the process:)

Last edited:

YULIA-2016

Champion Member
Mar 4, 2015
Visa Office......
Warsaw
App. Filed.......
Jan.2016
AOR Received.
June 2016
File Transfer...
Jan.2017
Med's Request
First June 06-2017 from Warsaw ; Second 26 July 2018 from London
Med's Done....
Sep 27 2018
Passport Req..
DM Sep 29 2018, PPR Oct 01 2018
VISA ISSUED...
Oct 10 2018
Believe it or not , some countries are still living in the 18th century , others might even not recognize one . My question is what are the alternatives I have in hand to prove they are separated .
oh, that's a problem, we have SS for 3 years, find people from your country, if they had the same situation with divorce certificate

Reactions: Sarah86

gopitaba

Star Member
Sep 7, 2018
Did anyone who got Passport request for Parents in Canada, received them back? I do have return tracking number and it never got activated when checked for status. I got official email from CIC, that they had posted on Thursday (last week).

curious205

Mar 20, 2018
Can any one help me to get correct answer to fill the form for ,I am trying to sponsor my Parents under family class, and I and my spouse are the co-signer for it with no kids for us,and we are stuck in several questions for the form IMM-5768 F, especially from questions 2,3 (both a and b) and 4, and 5. I have been sponsored under spousal category by my husband before, if somebody can assist me with all the questions for the number I have to asked for before.
I know those questions are a bit confusing at first. But, if you read it again, it becomes much clearer. Anyway, the followings are based on the assumption that both you and your wife have not co-signed or sponsored anyone before.

2 is already answered for you.

3(a) would be 2 as you are sponsoring parents (mom and dad = 2).

3(b) (i) would be 1 as you sponsored your wife before and sponsorship undertaking is still in effect for her if she has not been here for longer than 10 years. If she has been here for longer than 10 years, 3(b) (i) would be zero, as you will not longer have any undertaking in effect.

3(b) (ii) to (iv) would be zero if you have not sponsored anyone else except your spouse.

4(i) to (iv) would also be zero if your spouse (the spouse you sponsored) has not co-signed or sponsored anyone else.

5) is zero as you have already included your sponsored spouse in #3.

You can attach a memo explaining your situation if you believe those answers could confuse the processing officer. That's what I did with my application and attached an explanation to the form. The easier you make it for the processing officer, the better it is for your application, as it could potentially help CIC processes your application faster.

curious205

Mar 20, 2018
Hello,

We initially applied for a TRV for my DAd since my papers are still on process as PR. Now that I am a PR, my dad’s got a Multiple Entry Visa and we are wondering how to change it to Grandparent Supervisa? Also, if he has a Multiple Entry can he stay longer than 5 months?

Thank you!
CIC already issued multi-entry visa to your dad. You cannot change the visa. You can apply for supervisa if that's what you want. But, CIC cannot reissue visa to your dad under different category. You must reapply for Supervisa, and he cannot stay in Canada longer than 6 months on TRV. There might be some exceptions here and there to extend his stay. But, that's up to CIC to decide.

razerblade

VIP Member
Feb 21, 2014
Did anyone who got Passport request for Parents in Canada, received them back? I do have return tracking number and it never got activated when checked for status. I got official email from CIC, that they had posted on Thursday (last week).
From Ottawa ? Could be stuck due to Canada Post's rotating strike.