+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parents and Grandparents Sponsorship 2018

oliveoyl

Star Member
Jan 7, 2013
You are one lucky person! I was praying for Ottawa LVO. They processed my wife in-Canada class PR application in less than a year. I called my friend last night to find out how things are going on his application because my LVO is Singapore. He said hi application is still being processed at Singapore LVO although he sent his application a year ahead of me. It means his application to sponsor hi wife has been in process for over 3 years now at Singapore LVO.

I hope mine won't take that long! :( sigh
I know I know. It is nuts how random this is and how different visa offices work. This pace of LVO -Ottawa has shook me by surprise, you know in grander plan of life :eek:. I just moved to BC this year from ON, and within a year now I have to move apartments, plan for my life to accommodate my mom who has a disability, woa too much too soon. I happily thought the pace would be at least 2 years and I could sit on my bum until then. Hehe..CIC/IRCC can change your life plans, eh. But I am happy (bit nervous) to accommodate the change for sure!
It took my own application (within Canada PR) more than 1.5yrs.

Fingers crossed for you! All the best.

AG1ez

Star Member
Nov 7, 2014
Hi Everyone I am preparing to Apply in 2019 to sponsor my mom and I have been filling up the 2018 Forms just to be prepared for the possible questions and have everything ready and I will keep updating forms as they change them.

Let me give you a little background history related to my mom.

She was married to my dad for 20 years or so.
They got divorced.
A few years later she married my step dad and they were married till he passed away in late 2016.
Since then my mom hasn't remarried or being a common law relationship

So in the General Application where it asks my mom marital status I put widowed. When you put that the place where you can enter the spouse info gets grayed out.

The next question 14 asks if she has been previously married and to whom and all the dates etc.
Who should I put here? My dad or stepdad?

Also in the Additional Family Information in the spouse section what should I put there? my deceased stepdad info?

I would really appreciate your input.
Thanks

jojrob1

Aug 15, 2013
Visa Office......
kgn
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Aug 2013
Doc's Request.
30-Sept-2014 pc,medical,birth cert.
AOR Received.
Aug 2013
File Transfer...
File received in kgn Sep 24,2013
Med's Request
30-09-2014
Interview........
None
Passport Req..
23-10-2014-soooo happy
VISA ISSUED...
05-11-2014
LANDED..........
30-1-2015
Hi every1!!!, I would like to start the process of sponsoring my father come next year and would like some advice, or recommendations on the process, thanks in advance.

jojrob1

Aug 15, 2013
Visa Office......
kgn
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Aug 2013
Doc's Request.
30-Sept-2014 pc,medical,birth cert.
AOR Received.
Aug 2013
File Transfer...
File received in kgn Sep 24,2013
Med's Request
30-09-2014
Interview........
None
Passport Req..
23-10-2014-soooo happy
VISA ISSUED...
05-11-2014
LANDED..........
30-1-2015
Hi Everyone I am preparing to Apply in 2019 to sponsor my mom and I have been filling up the 2018 Forms just to be prepared for the possible questions and have everything ready and I will keep updating forms as they change them.

They got divorced.
A few years later she married my step dad and they were married till he passed away in late 2016.

So in the General Application where it asks my mom marital status I put widowed. When you put that the place where you can enter the spouse info gets grayed out.

The next question 14 asks if she has been previously married and to whom and all the dates etc.

Also in the Additional Family Information in the spouse section what should I put there? my deceased stepdad info?

Thanks
Hi am new to this process as well can you tell where you access the forms so i can practice as well ty in advance.

Hopeful99

Star Member
Aug 16, 2018
PPR request received, evening of Nov 7, 2018. I wonder how late these guys work ;)
LVO-Ottawa, but was asked to submit to nearest VFS in India.

Phew, right?!! This is happening. Can't believe the pace as well.
It took me upwards of year and half to get my PR, and only 6 months for my mom. Unreal almost.

@YULIA-2016 thanks for all the updating and the answers.
@Hopeful99 fingers crossed for you!
Wow congratulations again @oliveoyl . Im so happy for you and your mom :) and thank you!

Hopeful99

Star Member
Aug 16, 2018
Thanks Yulia! I guess I just don't understand the fundamentals of "upfront". lol
To me, it sounded like doing something right out of the gate. But, I know better now. :p
I'd think the same as you to be honest. The "upfront" part is whats confusing for many im sure

USK

Star Member
Jul 7, 2012
Hi fellow members,

Has anyone of you asked about the updated IMM5669 with hand signatures?

I submitted two separate forms (for both parents) with electronic as well as hand signatures with the package.
Not sure why they asked about it again?

Please share experience if we can validate this form without electronic signature.

TIA

SPONSORMOM77

Jun 4, 2018
I just checked Ecas and under sponsorship application status it shows "decision made" but I haven't received any notification. Could someone please tell me what that means or how to find out more details? I know the answer is somewhere on this group but I can't find it. Thanks a lot!

curious205

Mar 20, 2018
I just checked Ecas and under sponsorship application status it shows "decision made" but I haven't received any notification. Could someone please tell me what that means or how to find out more details? I know the answer is somewhere on this group but I can't find it. Thanks a lot!
It means you got sponsorship approval. You will receive an email in about one to two days, notifying you of the decision and where they forwarded your sponsorship files to. Normally, they forward your application to the regional visa office for further processing. But, they sometimes send files to Ottawa for unknown reasons.

Reactions: SPONSORMOM77

SPONSORMOM77

Jun 4, 2018
It means you got sponsorship approval. You will receive an email in about one to two days, notifying you of the decision and where they forwarded your sponsorship files to. Normally, they forward your application to the regional visa office for further processing. But, they sometimes send files to Ottawa for unknown reasons.
Thanks! That's good news.

SPONSORMOM77

Jun 4, 2018
I believe you are asking about EI. Applying EI for Parental/maternity leave is not considered "government financial aid", as it is a benefit which you have been contributing to through your work. Like others have said, the only thing you may need to worry about is meeting LICO based on the new numbers family members. But, if you have already submitted the application, you don't need to worry about it much. In short, applying EI for maternity leave won't effect your application.

I hope that helps.
Thanks! I already submitted the application and I think we're still good with LICO as I have a co-sponsored. I'll have to double check to be sure.
Should I inform then once I start my maternity?

curious205

Mar 20, 2018

They got divorced.

Thanks
1) If they grey out the "spouse", don't worry about. Fill out what you can.
2) You'd put your biological dad, as he is her "previous" marriage. Answer the date they got married, divorced etc.
3) Your deceased stepdad info needs to be in the additional family information. That's where you can enter his info (not in Generic Application Form).

curious205

Mar 20, 2018
Thanks! I already submitted the application and I think we're still good with LICO as I have a co-sponsored. I'll have to double check to be sure.
Should I inform then once I start my maternity?
You don't really need to inform them of your maternity leave especially when it does not matter anyway as far as sponsorship is concerned. If you want to be proactive about things and be upfront, you could inform them of the change in family size once your baby is born (not before). But, you really do not need to inform them unless they ask for it.

Reactions: SPONSORMOM77

Mahg

Apr 11, 2018
Hi everyone,
I need your comments/advice.... I received the request for medical and pcc for my parents yesterday. The problem is they have asked for a pcc from scotland and UK separately which is interesting because they are practically the same. My dad lived there about 30 years ago...we have contacted scotish police department through friend who lives there and supposedly they dont have such a document as police clearance for immigration purposes. They just have something called conviction history which is very complicated process and its hard to get within 1 month. What you guys suggest me to do? Should I contact CIC? Is there any way to talk to the officer who is processing the file?