+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parents and Grandparents Sponsorship 2018

pgp20182nd

Star Member
Oct 29, 2018
Hello Everyone,

My mother had TB long time ago (>20 years). She got it treated at that time and she never faced any related issues since then.

Should we mention she had TB? Is it a reason for rejection if you had TB before?

Last edited:

Emmkay49

Sep 17, 2018
Hi Guys,
I need your comments/advice on a strange change of status in my Cic account. For medical status changed from request for medical sent on 1st Oct to your medical results not recieved. Me and my wife had taken the medical examination on 13th October in Canada and the panel physician uploaded the report on 26th Oct (recieved an e medical information sheet on my request from physicians office confirming the results were submitted).Any one faced the same situation. I have already sent the e medical information sheet by e mail and web form on 26th. Please advice what are my options now.

faiyaz.ally

Star Member
Jan 10, 2014
Hello Everyone,

My mother had TB long time ago (>20 years). She got it treated at that time and she never faced any related issues since then.

Should we mention she had TB? Is it a reason for rejection if you had TB before?
It's not a reason for rejection but they will do more tests and this may delay your application by a few months. I say "may" because if they take a chest x-ray and it comes out normal, then I don't believe they will do any further tests. It's not ethical to not disclose if she did have TB. They just want to ensure that the people coming into Canada are TB free. You can read more about this online and why they do these tests. My advice is to declare it if she did have TB.

pgp20182nd

Star Member
Oct 29, 2018
It's not a reason for rejection but they will do more tests and this may delay your application by a few months. I say "may" because if they take a chest x-ray and it comes out normal, then I don't believe they will do any further tests. It's not ethical to not disclose if she did have TB. They just want to ensure that the people coming into Canada are TB free. You can read more about this online and why they do these tests. My advice is to declare it if she did have TB.
Thanks for your reply. We will declare it, its the fear of rejection that prompted the question.

I am just not sure whether we can do anything to make the process faster. Like already getting the related chest X-ray and taking it to them during medical or getting a certificate from a doctor stating that her TB had been cured!

bhanump

Star Member
Jun 28, 2010
Visa Office......
Buffalo
App. Filed.......
06-05-2010
Doc's Request.
04-11-2010
AOR Received.
18-05-2011
IELTS Request
Done
File Transfer...
08-05-2012 to Detroit and "in process"
Med's Request
14-06-2012
Med's Done....
19-06-2012 Medicals Received: 20-07-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
06-08-2012
VISA ISSUED...
21-08-2012
LANDED..........
22-08-2012 Received PR card : 26-10-2012
Reactions: YULIA-2016

bhanump

Star Member
Jun 28, 2010
Visa Office......
Buffalo
App. Filed.......
06-05-2010
Doc's Request.
04-11-2010
AOR Received.
18-05-2011
IELTS Request
Done
File Transfer...
08-05-2012 to Detroit and "in process"
Med's Request
14-06-2012
Med's Done....
19-06-2012 Medicals Received: 20-07-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
06-08-2012
VISA ISSUED...
21-08-2012
LANDED..........
22-08-2012 Received PR card : 26-10-2012
Hi, Did you had to upload the medicals? My parents did receive the e-medical tracking sheet from the doctor but don't see any options in ecas(GCKey) to upload any such document. I am sure the doctor would send directly to CIC but not sure if the applicant also has to upload the e-medical tracking sheet.
No, however, my father was requested to produce my resident status evidence documents and he simply attached those to email CIC but he included application number and his UCI # etc for easy identification of the file. CIC was fine with that.

curious205

Mar 20, 2018
I was going through the spreadsheet and saw a few "Upfront IME". My assumption is that those are the medical checks done before the applicants receive IME requests.

Can you do medical before you get the request?

I know you can get police clearance any time you want as it does not require any form from CIC. But, as far as I can remember, medical checks require a form issued by CIC. That said, if it's ok to do medical without having to wait for the request from CIC, then I might as well do it because I know IME and police clearance checks are coming anyway.

I'm sure it's been asked before. But, I don't remember the answer :D

Thanks guys!

YULIA-2016

Champion Member
Mar 4, 2015
Visa Office......
Warsaw
App. Filed.......
Jan.2016
AOR Received.
June 2016
File Transfer...
Jan.2017
Med's Request
First June 06-2017 from Warsaw ; Second 26 July 2018 from London
Med's Done....
Sep 27 2018
Passport Req..
DM Sep 29 2018, PPR Oct 01 2018
VISA ISSUED...
Oct 10 2018
I was going through the spreadsheet and saw a few "Upfront IME". My assumption is that those are the medical checks done before the applicants receive IME requests.

Can you do medical before you get the request?

I know you can get police clearance any time you want as it does not require any form from CIC. But, as far as I can remember, medical checks require a form issued by CIC. That said, if it's ok to do medical without having to wait for the request from CIC, then I might as well do it because I know IME and police clearance checks are coming anyway.

I'm sure it's been asked before. But, I don't remember the answer :D

Thanks guys!
OMG
upfront when you need to do additional test, for example Cardiologist like in my case

No, you cant do IME before request since you need to get IME # and provide it to the doctor!

enjoycanada

Oct 25, 2016
yulia,

Please let me know 2 things:
1. What will be the expiry date of PCC if nothing is mentioned on PCC. I have India and FBI PCC of my parents and I need to upload them on CIC.
2. There is a link to upload medical test. What should I upload. I thought Doctor will be doing it.

oliveoyl

Star Member
Jan 7, 2013
PPR request received, evening of Nov 7, 2018. I wonder how late these guys work ;)
LVO-Ottawa, but was asked to submit to nearest VFS in India.

Phew, right?!! This is happening. Can't believe the pace as well.
It took me upwards of year and half to get my PR, and only 6 months for my mom. Unreal almost.

@YULIA-2016 thanks for all the updating and the answers.
@Hopeful99 fingers crossed for you!

curious205

Mar 20, 2018
OMG
upfront when you need to do additional test, for example Cardiologist like in my case

No, you cant do IME before request since you need to get IME # and provide it to the doctor!

Thanks Yulia! I guess I just don't understand the fundamentals of "upfront". lol
To me, it sounded like doing something right out of the gate. But, I know better now. :p

curious205

Mar 20, 2018
PPR request received, evening of Nov 7, 2018. I wonder how late these guys work ;)
LVO-Ottawa, but was asked to submit to nearest VFS in India.

Phew, right?!! This is happening. Can't believe the pace as well.
It took me upwards of year and half to get my PR, and only 6 months for my mom. Unreal almost.

@YULIA-2016 thanks for all the updating and the answers.
@Hopeful99 fingers crossed for you!
You are one lucky person! I was praying for Ottawa LVO. They processed my wife in-Canada class PR application in less than a year. I called my friend last night to find out how things are going on his application because my LVO is Singapore. He said hi application is still being processed at Singapore LVO although he sent his application a year ahead of me. It means his application to sponsor hi wife has been in process for over 3 years now at Singapore LVO.

I hope mine won't take that long! :( sigh