Waived
Passport Req..
06-08-2012
VISA ISSUED...
21-08-2012
LANDED..........
22-08-2012 Received PR card : 26-10-2012
Hey All,

Check the status today and found that for my parents the "Permanent Residence Application Status" shows as "Decision Made". But when I click on Decision Made status there is not line about what is final decision. The last line is Medical Results have been recieved since Oct 17th. But there is no email about what is the final decision. So does anyone has the same situation? when I check my cic account it has no info on decision made status. I am not sure what is going on. Can someone please explain if they are in same situation?

Regards,
VS
Hello VS,
I am in same boat. My parents received an email notification of invitation to pre-arrival services on 24th Oct and the e-cas status changed for principal applicant to "decision made" on 2nd Nov. Still waiting to receive PPR.

BTW, experienced folks, could anyone tell me if the PPR is send through email or mail or will be updated on e-cas? Thanks in advance.

Bhanump

oliveoyl

Star Member
Jan 7, 2013
Question:

Have they rejected any applicants on medical test grounds? if so, what were the reasons or illness that were mentioned?
In the past they have. One landmark case in 2016 was rejection of a York University Professor's son who had Down's syndrome, saying this would cause excessive demand on Canadians.
https://globalnews.ca/news/3551772/inadmissible-canada-rejects-hundreds-of-immigrants-based-on-incomplete-data-global-investigation-finds/
https://globalnews.ca/news/3872320/advocates-demand-trudeau-end-unjust-immigration-law-call-it-a-black-eye-for-canada/
After numerous activism by disability advocates, this past April, Ahmed Hussen announced that the cost threshold for "excessive demand" to increase thrice the amount. Now it is set at three times the previous level $20K/year I think.
Further, they have changed rules along exempted services like special needs around disability, needing personal support etc.
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/news/2018/04/government-of-canada-brings-medical-inadmissibility-policyin-line-with-inclusivity-for-persons-with-disabilities.html
There is a lot of info out there but not clear indication regarding the specific illnesses that can be rejected.
You can comb through these :)
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/publications-manuals/operational-bulletins-manuals/standard-requirements/medical-requirements/refusals-inadmissibility/excessive-demand-on-health-social-services.html

The system is pretty fair that they don't outrightly reject. They give you a refusal along with Procedural Fairness letter. One coudl always appeal based on that letter and seek lawyers' to fight the case. Because my mom had visual impairment, I had spoken to one of the lawyers who works in BC specific to these cases. That was my only route if dismissed.

GRAF

Mar 2, 2018
Hello guys,

I am planning to sponsor my parents and my 18 yr old brother under the family sponsorship program. Due to the income requirement, I can only sponsor 2 people because they look at the last three years of income.Will I be able to sponsor one parent and my brother just to ensure that he gets his PR before he turns 22? Do you think it will raise any question marks if I sponsor one parent but not the other?

Many thanks for any advice

YULIA-2016

Champion Member
Mar 4, 2015
Visa Office......
Warsaw
App. Filed.......
Jan.2016
AOR Received.
June 2016
File Transfer...
Jan.2017
Med's Request
First June 06-2017 from Warsaw ; Second 26 July 2018 from London
Med's Done....
Sep 27 2018
Passport Req..
DM Sep 29 2018, PPR Oct 01 2018
VISA ISSUED...
Oct 10 2018
@YULIA-2016
My mom is completely visually impaired, needed further Ophthalmologist's assessment.
@Hopeful99 that is my update. Hope all goes well with your dad too!
i guess it's not covered by OHIP, fully yours expenses and you passed medical because of that, what do you think

YULIA-2016

Champion Member
Mar 4, 2015
Visa Office......
Warsaw
App. Filed.......
Jan.2016
AOR Received.
June 2016
File Transfer...
Jan.2017
Med's Request
Med's Done....
Sep 27 2018
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
Oct 10 2018
Question:

Have they rejected any applicants on medical test grounds? if so, what were the reasons or illness that were mentioned?
for example kedney problem , cancer for sure and not sure about diabetes

YULIA-2016

Champion Member
Mar 4, 2015
Visa Office......
Warsaw
App. Filed.......
Jan.2016
AOR Received.
June 2016
File Transfer...
Jan.2017
Med's Request
Med's Done....
Sep 27 2018
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
Oct 10 2018
Hello guys,

I am planning to sponsor my parents and my 18 yr old brother under the family sponsorship program. Due to the income requirement, I can only sponsor 2 people because they look at the last three years of income.Will I be able to sponsor one parent and my brother just to ensure that he gets his PR before he turns 22? Do you think it will raise any question marks if I sponsor one parent but not the other?

anyway you MUST count all members , doesnt matter if they going to come or not so you need to count both parents + dep + your family or wait your brother reach 22
or take a spouse like co-signer

Last edited:

curious205

Mar 20, 2018
Hello guys,

That's a bit of a tricky question. I could not find anything specific to how LICO is calculated on cases like yours. A few people have asked similar questions in the past. According to previous answers I saw on this forum, you must meet LICO for all three members of your family (parents + dependent) even if all of them are not coming to Canada.

I could not find any specific guide that says you must meet LICO for all non-accompanying family members. Perhaps, someone on the forum did find it. But, you can certainly sponsor only parent if you want and your brother will be automatically included in the application. But, if you are required to meet the income requirement for all three persons regardless of their intentions to come here or not, then you may have to wait until you meet income requirements. If you want definitive answer, call CIC and ask the agent to send the answer via email. That way, you have a copy of the answer with you should you wish you reference it.

Reactions: GRAF

oliveoyl

Star Member
Jan 7, 2013
i guess it's not covered by OHIP, fully yours expenses and you passed medical because of that, what do you think
Could be. But the change of reference to and definition of social services has changed since April 2018. I think that could have been key determiner as far as various forms of disability are concerned. Earlier on grounds of definition, a disability would have automatically been refused.
This is what I read somewhere
"Currently, when determining whether an applicant is medically inadmissible to Canada, Immigration Officers assess whether an individual’s circumstances is likely to place an excessive demand on social services, which is broadly defined to include services such as special education, social and vocational rehabilitation services, and personal support services. The new policy seeks to amend the definition of social services to remove reference to special education, social and vocational rehabilitation services, and personal support services. The result is that the publicly funded cost of these services will no longer count toward the amount used to determine excessive demand."
Again all of these are pretty confusing to me. I am just glad that this rule came into effect in April 2018, and I was in this batch of applicants.
:)

oliveoyl

Star Member
Jan 7, 2013
for example kedney problem , cancer for sure and not sure about diabetes
If they calculate treatment to be with $20K/year, these would still be allowed. Only contagious diseases are grounds for refusing under public health issue. I think because the cap increased from $7k to $20K, many other diseases would not fall under "excessive demands".

Tgill

Star Member
Aug 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-05-2013
AOR Received.
23-05-2013
File Transfer...
24-05-2013
Med's Done....
26-03-2013
Passport Req..
12-06-2013
VISA ISSUED...
got IN PROCESS -7 NOV and DM -29 nov
LANDED..........
soon

wxhzk

Star Member
Aug 13, 2015
Hello guys,

I'm going to sponsor my parents to immigrant Canada. Could someone help me to calculate if I meet the minimum income? Thanks ahead.

My wife and I immigrate in July this year. We both hold work permits before PR.

If I want to apply in January 2019. Which three years are required? 2015, 2016, 2017 or 2016, 2017, 2018?

My wife and I married in July 2016.

If counted as family income (my wife and I), we meet all 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018 income requirement. However, in 2015, we were not married, so I don't know how it calculates.

If only count my income in 2015, I didn't meet the minimum income for three people (My dad, mom and me).

What's the best solution for me??

SillyD

Nov 4, 2018
Category........
FAM
Hello guys,

I'm going to sponsor my parents to immigrant Canada. Could someone help me to calculate if I meet the minimum income? Thanks ahead.

My wife and I immigrate in July this year. We both hold work permits before PR.

If I want to apply in January 2019. Which three years are required? 2015, 2016, 2017 or 2016, 2017, 2018?

My wife and I married in July 2016.

If counted as family income (my wife and I), we meet all 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018 income requirement. However, in 2015, we were not married, so I don't know how it calculates.

If only count my income in 2015, I didn't meet the minimum income for three people (My dad, mom and me).

What's the best solution for me??
For 2019, they will look at 2016 to 2018 and the family has to be for 4, both parents, you and your spouse.