Med's Done....
18-Aug-2012
Passport Req..
08-Mar-2013
VISA ISSUED...
11-Apr-2013
LANDED..........
2-May-2013
Hi everyone, we FINALLY received AOR for parent sponsorship application today, like after almost 5 months! Our application was received on the last day of the deadline, so we were fingers crossed and anxiously waiting for some communication from CIC. Wondering what are the next steps now?

Experienced members and applicants in advanced stages, please provide guidance and next steps.

Thanks and hoping for faster action now.

dok

Apr 20, 2014
Hello , my mom's application is also in Accra. Accra VO just started sending out medical and PCC requests for 2017 applications late September. Just praying that they continue with 2018 applications like Ottawa and New Delhi did this year.
Hello, thanks for the update. I hope they follow Ottawa. Otherwise, I think ours will be next year too.

Joshkim993

Star Member
Jun 7, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-03-2014
AOR Received.
28-03-2014
IELTS Request
Sent with Application
File Transfer...
08-05-2014
Med's Request
24-09-2014
Med's Done....
20-08-2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Visa-Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting
LANDED..........
Waiting
Just noticed the spreadsheet I was invited is now locked.
Assuming some people started to mess around eh,

Please update my info on the 2018 spread sheet.
Line: 88 (Could be different, but somewhere near that)
Name: Joshkim
Additional Document Requested: 10/17/2018
Document Requested: Travel Form
Medical Request IME: 10/17/2018
PCC Request: 10/17/2018

Thanks

Reactions: YULIA-2016

YULIA-2016

Champion Member
Mar 4, 2015
Visa Office......
Warsaw
App. Filed.......
Jan.2016
AOR Received.
June 2016
File Transfer...
Jan.2017
Med's Request
First June 06-2017 from Warsaw ; Second 26 July 2018 from London
Med's Done....
Sep 27 2018
Passport Req..
DM Sep 29 2018, PPR Oct 01 2018
VISA ISSUED...
Oct 10 2018
Hi everyone, we FINALLY received AOR for parent sponsorship application today, like after almost 5 months! Our application was received on the last day of the deadline, so we were fingers crossed and anxiously waiting for some communication from CIC. Wondering what are the next steps now?

Experienced members and applicants in advanced stages, please provide guidance and next steps.

Thanks and hoping for faster action now.
see SS
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1B_YAyszLcUxbfe0ur7WPZRPJ0y2COpRJSt8Ce19yrhI/edit#gid=761650616

harry gambhir

Star Member
Apr 6, 2013
Hi Guys,

I had applied for my mother to come to Canada. I applied in may and I did the paper application.

I just got a letter from the immigration saying that "Your application has been accepted under the intake cap for 2018."

But it does not say what are the steps to be taken now.

Do I need to submit more documents and if you can someone please tell me what documents and is there a deadline?

Please help.

Can150

Star Member
Sep 1, 2018
Hi Guys,

I had applied for my mother to come to Canada. I applied in may and I did the paper application.

I just got a letter from the immigration saying that "Your application has been accepted under the intake cap for 2018."

Do I need to submit more documents and if you can someone please tell me what documents and is there a deadline?

Please help.
What you have received is an Acknowledgement of Receipt for your sponsorship application. IRCC will inform you of additional requirements after they start processing your application. You can refer to the spreadsheet to get an idea of current timelines.
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1B_YAyszLcUxbfe0ur7WPZRPJ0y2COpRJSt8Ce19yrhI/edit#gid=761650616

Reactions: Zhuzhu

ashique_tas

Jan 23, 2011
Bangladesh
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-04-10
Doc's Request.
25-06-10
Nomination.....
25-06-2010
AOR Received.
1st AOR @ 25-06-10;2nd AOR @ 12-10-10
IELTS Request
25-06-10
File Transfer...
26-09-10;Updated docs sent on 21st Feb,2012.
Med's Request
Issued @ 5th July,2012.Received@17th July,2012 By the grace of Almighty Allah!!
Med's Done....
21st July,2012;received by SGVO @ 25th July & docs reached at 2nd Aug by the grace of Allah
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
By the grace of Allah 19.09.2012
VISA ISSUED...
By the grace of Allah 29.10.2012
LANDED..........
By the grace of Allah 4th Feb,2013.
Hi Guys,

Please help.
Congrats.You got AOR(Acknowledgement of receipt).After that is sponsorship approval if your income meets income criteria.They will send you the email and then will let you know which visa office they have assigned your application.They the designated visa office will ask for medical,PCC and travel history.

razerblade

VIP Member
Feb 21, 2014
Congrats.You got AOR(Acknowledgement of receipt).After that is sponsorship approval if your income meets income criteria.They will send you the email and then will let you know which visa office they have assigned your application.They the designated visa office will ask for medical,PCC and travel history.
Hi there, do you recall how long the landing visa is valid ? I *think* till medicals are valid (1 year from date the medicals were done). Trying to figure out how long do parents have to land, in the worst case. Not sure if the COPR mentions a deadline.

Thanks!

Can150

Star Member
Sep 1, 2018
Hi there, do you recall how long the landing visa is valid ? I *think* till medicals are valid (1 year from date the medicals were done). Trying to figure out how long do parents have to land, in the worst case. Not sure if the COPR mentions a deadline.

Thanks!
You have it right, it is 1 year from the date medicals are done.

Reactions: razerblade

Hani2018

Aug 2, 2018
Hi Today I got email from cIC that my application for parent sponsorship is incomplete.

"The marriage certificate provided for the Sponsor and Co-signer does not meet the requirement for processing. A photocopy of the original certificate is missing. A photocopy of the original marriage certificate, along with a certified translation, should be provided"

I have already provided certified photocopy of Original Certificate alongwith photocopy of government (NADRA) issued english translated marriage certificate.

Any advised.

Tan Tan

Star Member
Sep 12, 2018
Category........
Hi Today I got email from cIC that my application for parent sponsorship is incomplete.

"The marriage certificate provided for the Sponsor and Co-signer does not meet the requirement for processing. A photocopy of the original certificate is missing. A photocopy of the original marriage certificate, along with a certified translation, should be provided"

I have already provided certified photocopy of Original Certificate alongwith photocopy of government (NADRA) issued english translated marriage certificate.

Any advised.
They need original translate of ducuments. If you have your marriage certificate , take it to translate again, certified translate company here in canada, , copy of document should be attach to the translated sheets by that company and sealed, you can’t send it seperate .

Reactions: Hani2018

harry gambhir

Star Member
Apr 6, 2013
Thank you for the response
So now do i have to do anything or just wait for them to email me?
Should I contact them or should I just wait.?