+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parents and Grandparents Sponsorship 2018

honhon

Star Member
Oct 12, 2018
Is anyone who's sponsorship not yet approved (still app. received, not even process) but the PR is in process and received letters require for medical check, police cert & travel doc?

And if my parents are in Canada now, can I ask them to do fingerprints here and send back to their home country to ask for police cert? Thank you so much.

macwhitby

Nov 18, 2016
Whitby
LANDED..........
21-11-2014
1) I'm planing to apply for my mom, Is it mandatory to have birth certificate and marriage certificate for her in order to apply ? If she doesn't have whats my option ? I have my birth certificate and passport to show the relationship with my mother but she don't have either of them !!!!!!
2) Should we fill additional dependents /declaration from if no one is accompanying with my mom ?
3) If cosigner is my wife, we don't have to fill the statutory declaration of common-law union right ?
Kindly advice.....

hpatel29

Sep 26, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
CHC, London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
December 2009 to CIO, Nova Scottia
Doc's Request.
30th March, 2011
Nomination.....
1st June, 2011 full application submitted to CHC, London
AOR Received.
23rd August,2011(Date 12th August,2010)
IELTS Request
submitted with Initial application
File Transfer...
7th July 2011
Med's Request
22nd Feb,2012
Med's Done....
8th March, 2012
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
10th April,2012 & Passport post on 12th April.2012.
VISA ISSUED...
25th April, 2012 and Received on 1st May, 2012.
LANDED..........
In August 2012 by grace of God !
Just a quick question regarding PCC. So, my mother has visited USA 3 times but she has never stayed more than 6 months. So, Does she require PCC from US ?

Tgill

Star Member
Aug 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-05-2013
AOR Received.
23-05-2013
File Transfer...
24-05-2013
Med's Done....
26-03-2013
Passport Req..
12-06-2013
VISA ISSUED...
got IN PROCESS -7 NOV and DM -29 nov
LANDED..........
soon
Hello
I got email yesterday regarding police certificate for my parents. They are in Punjab, India. So my question is
Q1- they need to submit police certificate through police station or passport office.
Q2- should they send police certificate directly to cic ?
Thanks in advance for reply

parvisingh

Nov 24, 2014
California
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
24-07-2017
If the sum of her stay in USA from all her trips is equal or more than six months you will need to get a PCC from USA(FBI).

Just a quick question regarding PCC. So, my mother has visited USA 3 times but she has never stayed more than 6 months. So, Does she require PCC from US ?

sheicon23

Aug 15, 2018
Parental Sponsorship Timeline:
Submitted Application December 2017
Received PPR Request Oct 11, 2018

Parents are in the US, will require a visa to enter Canada, they are Philippine Passport holders. Should i send to Ottawa ( LVO ) or Philippines? emailed Ottawa office and waiting for reply with instructions. Now have 25 days to get the passport to them for stamping.

Excited but a little confused.:)

saroop18

Jan 6, 2015
Hi,
My Parents file has been transferred to New Delhi from Ottawa for further eligibility and admissibility check.
This was after medical, PCC etc were received, did someone else had similiar situation.

Zhuzhu

May 3, 2018
Hi,
My Parents file has been transferred to New Delhi from Ottawa for further eligibility and admissibility check.
This was after medical, PCC etc were received, did someone else had similiar situation.
Yes, my mother's file was transferred to Kiev from Ottawa after the medical was passed and Pre-arrival services letter was received. It was more than a month ago. Haven't heard from Kiev LVO yet.

sheicon23

Aug 15, 2018
yes, they can

Yulia

In my case, received the PPR on Oct 11th. Parents are in the US, wanting to fly from US to Canada, will require Visa as they are Philippine Passport holders.

Instructions on the email received said to send thru VFS ( email was from manila office). can i send to ottawa? or do i need to wait for another email from Ottawa to give me instructions to do so. i now have 25 days left

Reactions: YULIA-2016

saroop18

Jan 6, 2015
Yes, my mother's file was transferred to Kiev from Ottawa after the medical was passed and Pre-arrival services letter was received. It was more than a month ago. Haven't heard from Kiev LVO yet.
What did the pre-arrival service letter say, I didn't get that

Zhuzhu

May 3, 2018
Hello
I got email yesterday regarding police certificate for my parents. They are in Punjab, India. So my question is
Q1- they need to submit police certificate through police station or passport office.
Q2- should they send police certificate directly to cic ?
Thanks in advance for reply
What does the instruction in your email say?