+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parents and Grandparents Sponsorship 2018

rohan1103

Star Member
Feb 26, 2013
I applied for my mother's PR this year and I was not expecting to get the process started quickly. I called her here to visit me for 6 months and the process started while she is here. I got the medical done last week in Oakville. Today, I got a email from CIC ottawa to provide Police clearance and form IMM5562.

Has anyone applied for India PCC here while on visit visa?
Or can I apply online in Passport portal while she is outside India?

I would really appreciate some direction here.

Thanks.
Go to India Consulate or near BLS center and you will get India PCC.
This is pretty standard.

Thx

rohan1103

Star Member
Feb 26, 2013
Question to round two applicants : Did you received AOR ? or called CIC and got temp file # ?
Just checking , Although it just 1 month when I shipped my application.

Any inputs ?

Thx

YVR123

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2017
Question to round two applicants : Did you received AOR ? or called CIC and got temp file # ?
Just checking , Although it just 1 month when I shipped my application.

Any inputs ?

Thx
So far, no round 2 applicant has reported back for AOR yet. Not even some that sent out early Aug. Tho there are a few that called and got temp file number (app sent early Aug) and 3 that have additional documents requests.

Reactions: rohan1103

rajtoronto

Aug 24, 2018
Folks - i have a question,

Can I get medicals done even before they ask? the reason is that my parents are visiting in Canada and the authorized medical/Doctor is 5 mins away from my home in Toronto, once they return to India, (they live in smaller city with no authorized/panel doctor) and will need to catch a flight to get to one of the cities with panel doctors. Based on timelines in spreadsheet, i think they will ask for medicals in 2 months but my parents go back in 1 month.

thoughts?

ali_2018

Jul 6, 2018

Can I get medicals done even before they ask? the reason is that my parents are visiting in Canada and the authorized medical/Doctor is 5 mins away from my home in Toronto, once they return to India, (they live in smaller city with no authorized/panel doctor) and will need to catch a flight to get to one of the cities with panel doctors. Based on timelines in spreadsheet, i think they will ask for medicals in 2 months but my parents go back in 1 month.

thoughts?
I think you may not be able to do this until you have a request from CIC... Because I believe you need to present the CIC request letter prior doing the medical... Still I can be wrong - you may check with the hospital or doctor as you indicated they are close by your house :)
Or maybe anyone else here can share there thoughts or experience :)
Is your LVO is Ottawa?

Cravethe6th

Aug 8, 2018

thoughts?
The easiest way is to call the doctor in Toronto to verify

oliveoyl

Star Member
Jan 7, 2013

thoughts?
CIC has upfront medical examinations for certain types of application like Express Entry.
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/immigrate-canada/express-entry/documents/medical-exams.html
I think it is worth checking in with the doctor near you whether they will do it on your specific "Family Class PGP sponsorship" without the IME request letter from CIC.
My mom got medicals done recently in India, after I received IME request from CIC, yet the doctor wrote 'Upfront medical exam" on her form.
So I am not sure how aware individual panel doctors are of the numerous classes under CIC.

chady008

Oct 16, 2018
Windsor ON
Category........
Visa Office......
Beijing China
App. Filed.......
15-08-2018
Received application August 15, 2018.
NO receipt number yet.
Any suggestions please?!

YULIA-2016

Champion Member
Mar 4, 2015
Visa Office......
Warsaw
App. Filed.......
Jan.2016
AOR Received.
June 2016
File Transfer...
Jan.2017
Med's Request
First June 06-2017 from Warsaw ; Second 26 July 2018 from London
Med's Done....
Sep 27 2018
Passport Req..
DM Sep 29 2018, PPR Oct 01 2018
VISA ISSUED...
Oct 10 2018
Hello, I dont have DM ( Decision Made?) YES
yet this is what I can see from the My CIC account and the only letter that I got from them is AOR on July 23.

We are processing your application. We will send you a message when there is an update or if we need more information from you.

Review of eligibility We are reviewing whether you meet the eligibility requirements.

Review of medical results You do not need a medical exam. We will send you a message if this changes

Review of medical results You do not need a medical exam. We will send you a message if this changes

Interview You do not need an interview. We will send you a message if this changes.

Biometrics We do not need your fingerprints. We will send you a message if this changes.

Background check Your application is in progress. We will send you a message when we start your background check.

Final decision Your application is in progress. We will send you a message once the final decision has been made.

Thank you Yulia :)
go to online tools and you will see /or not / DM there
you gave me MY CIC account, useful after Medical request