+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parents and Grandparents Sponsorship 2018

Tan Tan

Star Member
Sep 12, 2018
Category........
Here you go,

Important information about using a representative:

A Use of Representative form (IMM 5476) must be submitted with an immigration application if the applicant used the services of a representative (such as an immigration consultant or lawyer) to help them prepare their application, or if the applicant wishes to appoint a representative (friend or family member) to conduct business on their behalf with IRCC.

If you appointed a representative and the IMM 5476 was correctly completed and signed, all correspondence from IRCC will be sent to the representative’s email or mailing address.

When submitting your PGP application:

 If a paid or unpaid representative’s address was used as the mailing address for the sponsor or principal applicant on the application and a completed and signed IMM 5476 was not submitted; or

 If a paid representative was appointed using a IMM5476 but is not in good standing; and/or

 The IMM 5476 you submitted was not correctly completed and/or signed as required to appoint a paid or unpaid representative;

Then, all correspondence from IRCC will be sent to the sponsor or principal applicant’s email or mailing address on record as applicable. IRCC will not communicate with this representative until a correctly completed and signed IMM 5476 is received by IRCC.
Thanks,
I had the same PDF when I got AOR too, but I didn't send the REP. form, after 2 month which I called to change my address they told me this form is missing on my application, I use the webform and attached rep. form to it. better send it.
I think for sponsoring the parent there is two step, first confirmation of sponsoring, second PR application for parents, customer service on the phone told me this rep. form has 3 month valid, maybe because of that they ask to submit it again for PR application.
good luck

Smile_Canada

Star Member
Feb 23, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi,

Please update spreadsheet with my status.
PCC requested: 10-Sep-2018
PCC sent 3-Oct-2018
CIC status: Medical Received.
Pre-arrival Service Letter Date: 6-Oct-2018

Thanks!!

oliveoyl

Star Member
Jan 7, 2013
Thanks,
I had the same PDF when I got AOR too, but I didn't send the REP. form, after 2 month which I called to change my address they told me this form is missing on my application, I use the webform and attached rep. form to it. better send it.
I think for sponsoring the parent there is two step, first confirmation of sponsoring, second PR application for parents, customer service on the phone told me this rep. form has 3 month valid, maybe because of that they ask to submit it again for PR application.
good luck
Interesting. Good to know that. I have been getting correspondence on my email and my address says on the medical request as well.
So I assumed they know I am the rep. But I wasn't aware of this 3 month validity. I guess I will send in the form again.
Thanks much for pointing it out!

razerblade

VIP Member
Feb 21, 2014
Interesting. Good to know that. I have been getting correspondence on my email and my address says on the medical request as well.
So I assumed they know I am the rep. But I wasn't aware of this 3 month validity. I guess I will send in the form again.
Thanks much for pointing it out!
If you already sent a filled and signed representative form with your application, you do not need to send it again.
That AOR email is generic, and has the same text for everyone. I have the same thing. I only submitted the form once with the application package, and have been receiving all correspondence to my email.

honhon

Star Member
Oct 12, 2018
Hi,
anyone experienced the same? I was requested for additional doc on 13 Jul (which I sent out on 3 Aug) for sponsorship, my AOR was received on 15 Aug, ECAS shown sponsorship & PR both in process on 20 Sep. However, in early Oct, I found that the sponsor app changed back to application received, leaving PR in process. Well, today, both changed back to application received? Is that they do not receive my additional doc? As nothing was shown in ecas but only showing the status. I also linked to online account but it only showed the PR application status.

Shall I keep waiting...

AnNingCanada

Jun 5, 2018
yes
Review of eligibility Your eligibility has been reviewed. Please see the final decision below.
Review of medical results You passed the medical exam.
Review of additional documents Not applicable.
Background check Your background check was completed.
Final decision Your application was approved. Check your messages below for details.

Document Status
Name Unique Client Identifier (UCI) Document Document number Status Expiry date Status Updated Date Travel document Number Country of Issue
MARINA ******* Counterfoil ******** Your document is valid. 2019/09/06 2018/10/10 ****** Russia
Thank you very much.

hungrypanda0016

Star Member
Oct 4, 2018
Thanks,
good luck
Thanks,
good luck
How to attach the webform ? I still cannot search my application in cic account.

rhyanom

Apr 21, 2017
Hi
Just a question for those who have their parent's passport stamped. How long is the validity for the visa?

Last edited:

rhyanom

Apr 21, 2017
yes
Review of eligibility Your eligibility has been reviewed. Please see the final decision below.
Review of medical results You passed the medical exam.
Review of additional documents Not applicable.
Background check Your background check was completed.
Final decision Your application was approved. Check your messages below for details.

Document Status
Name Unique Client Identifier (UCI) Document Document number Status Expiry date Status Updated Date Travel document Number Country of Issue
MARINA ******* Counterfoil ******** Your document is valid. 2019/09/06 2018/10/10 ****** Russia

Hi

Is the validity of your parent's visa for 8 months?

MIKENZ123

Star Member
Oct 12, 2018
At what stage one can link the application to GCKey.
My status so far is application received for sponsor and for PR application for parents as well. I am trying to link but no success.

gmmpjcf

Star Member
Sep 17, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Cpp- ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-04-2013
Doc's Request.
Biodata & RPRf request: 10-12-2013
AOR Received.
11-06-2013
Med's Request
13-12-2013
Med's Done....
07-01-2014
Passport Req..
26-02-2014
Hi question:
how do i send a copy of pcc to cic?

dixit003

Sep 29, 2016
Hi,
anyone experienced the same? I was requested for additional doc on 13 Jul (which I sent out on 3 Aug) for sponsorship, my AOR was received on 15 Aug, ECAS shown sponsorship & PR both in process on 20 Sep. However, in early Oct, I found that the sponsor app changed back to application received, leaving PR in process. Well, today, both changed back to application received? Is that they do not receive my additional doc? As nothing was shown in ecas but only showing the status. I also linked to online account but it only showed the PR application status.

Shall I keep waiting...
same here
All we can do is just wait.

YULIA-2016

Champion Member
Mar 4, 2015
Visa Office......
Warsaw
App. Filed.......
Jan.2016
AOR Received.
June 2016
File Transfer...
Jan.2017
Med's Request
First June 06-2017 from Warsaw ; Second 26 July 2018 from London
Med's Done....
Sep 27 2018
Passport Req..
DM Sep 29 2018, PPR Oct 01 2018
VISA ISSUED...
Oct 10 2018
Hi
Just a question for those who have their parent's passport stamped. How long is the validity for the visa?
you can see valid date in my CIC account
its 1 year from medical

Last edited: