+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parents and Grandparents Sponsorship 2018

rajtoronto

Aug 24, 2018
Hi Team,
I want to apply Super visa for my father.
My last year Income meets the requirement but that income I earned in work permit and now 2 weeks before I got PR. So, am I eligible for his super visa or not?
His visitor file was rejected in 2014 on a ground that your daughter is not settle and you do not have strong ties with native country.
Please suggest me
I think you would be eligible, don't think the requirement is that your earnings must be as a PR or Citizen. Also sounds like your situation/status has changed since 2014, in my opinion, you should be good.

mmahedihasan

Star Member
Apr 23, 2015
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Singapore
Hi Team,
I want to apply Super visa for my father.
My last year Income meets the requirement but that income I earned in work permit and now 2 weeks before I got PR. So, am I eligible for his super visa or not?
His visitor file was rejected in 2014 on a ground that your daughter is not settle and you do not have strong ties with native country.
Please suggest me
You are eligible as long as you meet income requirement for previous three years.
PR is not a requirement during those periods.

joaosax

Apr 26, 2017
Hello,
Sorry if this question has been answered before. I have applied for parent sponsorship in september (i was part of the july batch), is there any way to confirm my application has been received (apart from the canada post tracking)? I tried to look it up on the application status page using my pr card number, and nothing comes up.
Thank you,

abujihad88

Oct 12, 2010
Hi,
Just received a letter from cic that my family class application has been accepted under the intake cap for 2018.

I have checked the application online status and found status for sponsor application and permanent resident application, both statuses says;
  1. We received your application to sponsor NA'IMEH IBRAHIM on May 24, 2018.

What exactly does that mean!! they just accepted the submission and now it's subject for review or it has been reviewed and accepted?!!
I am sponsoring my Mom only and I am planning to complete the application myself and not to use any representative, so I think I don't need to fill and submit the form IMM5476?!! is that correct.

Thanks in advance for your answers and help,

Mahmoud

bootstrap

Feb 23, 2011
Visa Office......
Buffalo, NY
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 2010
Doc's Request.
Nov 2010
AOR Received.
July 2011
Med's Request
May 2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Nov 2012
VISA ISSUED...
December 2012
LANDED..........
December 2012

YULIA-2016

Champion Member
Mar 4, 2015
Visa Office......
Warsaw
App. Filed.......
Jan.2016
AOR Received.
June 2016
File Transfer...
Jan.2017
Med's Request
First June 06-2017 from Warsaw ; Second 26 July 2018 from London
Med's Done....
Sep 27 2018
Passport Req..
DM Sep 29 2018, PPR Oct 01 2018
VISA ISSUED...
Oct 10 2018
Hello,
After immigration visa was pasted on the passport of parent,
Will the status on the linked account and ecas will change to something? What’s the status on the linked account?
Thanks,
yes
Review of eligibility Your eligibility has been reviewed. Please see the final decision below.
Review of medical results You passed the medical exam.
Review of additional documents Not applicable.
Background check Your background check was completed.
Final decision Your application was approved. Check your messages below for details.

Document Status
Name Unique Client Identifier (UCI) Document Document number Status Expiry date Status Updated Date Travel document Number Country of Issue
MARINA ******* Counterfoil ******** Your document is valid. 2019/09/06 2018/10/10 ****** Russia

YULIA-2016

Champion Member
Mar 4, 2015
Visa Office......
Warsaw
App. Filed.......
Jan.2016
AOR Received.
June 2016
File Transfer...
Jan.2017
Med's Request
First June 06-2017 from Warsaw ; Second 26 July 2018 from London
Med's Done....
Sep 27 2018
Passport Req..
DM Sep 29 2018, PPR Oct 01 2018
VISA ISSUED...
Oct 10 2018

Tan Tan

Star Member
Sep 12, 2018
Category........
Hello,
Sorry if this question has been answered before. I have applied for parent sponsorship in september (i was part of the july batch), is there any way to confirm my application has been received (apart from the canada post tracking)? I tried to look it up on the application status page using my pr card number, and nothing comes up.
Thank you,
you can check on e-case from cic website,
https://services3.cic.gc.ca/ecas/security.do
for Identification Type select client ID number, put your UCI number , you should find it in some of your PR documents which is 8 digit number, then fill all the blank space with your information not your parents,
I hope it works for you.

Tan Tan

Star Member
Sep 12, 2018
Category........
Do you still need to send if you sent in Use of representative form with the original application? I was confused by the AOR statement regarding this.
Would you mind copy paste the email which you received? they asked you to submit this form again?

oliveoyl

Star Member
Jan 7, 2013
Hello everyone,
I'm just putting this out there in case anyone can relate/has any suggestions.

My parents got their medical request a few days ago, Dad has been getting treatment for lymphoma in the Philippines where he is a resident and he is towards the end of his treatment but the chemo drug is going to stay in his body for at least 6 months.

Is this going to affect the medical? Even if he gets a clearance from his doctors, would this affect it?

I've been losing sleep on this but just curious if anyone has experienced the same or maybe knows something about this.

Any tips or advice will be appreciated, thanks!
Panel doctors will not have discretion on decision. Medical Officer does. If your dad goes in remission, I think it should be ok. If not, not sure.
I heard from a lawyer, depends on stages of cancer. If it is terminal, the decision might be different. Each case is treated unique and there is no one size fits all.
I think at this point there is nothing in your power to control. As much as I know it is hard, just breathe. I am in the same boat.
I am worried about my mom's medicals too. Not cancer, but disability.
I hope your dad recovers soon. Sorry to hear that!

Reactions: Hopeful99

oliveoyl

Star Member
Jan 7, 2013
Would you mind copy paste the email which you received? they asked you to submit this form again?
Here you go,

Important information about using a representative:

A Use of Representative form (IMM 5476) must be submitted with an immigration application if the applicant used the services of a representative (such as an immigration consultant or lawyer) to help them prepare their application, or if the applicant wishes to appoint a representative (friend or family member) to conduct business on their behalf with IRCC.

If you appointed a representative and the IMM 5476 was correctly completed and signed, all correspondence from IRCC will be sent to the representative’s email or mailing address.

When submitting your PGP application:

 If a paid or unpaid representative’s address was used as the mailing address for the sponsor or principal applicant on the application and a completed and signed IMM 5476 was not submitted; or

 If a paid representative was appointed using a IMM5476 but is not in good standing; and/or

 The IMM 5476 you submitted was not correctly completed and/or signed as required to appoint a paid or unpaid representative;

Then, all correspondence from IRCC will be sent to the sponsor or principal applicant’s email or mailing address on record as applicable. IRCC will not communicate with this representative until a correctly completed and signed IMM 5476 is received by IRCC.