+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parents and Grandparents Sponsorship 2018

Margiela

Apr 3, 2014
Hey,

@YULIA-2016 please update the spreadsheet with the following:

The sponsor and the applicant status has changed to "in Process" on October 10, 2018
The sponsor has received a letter on October 11, 2018 stating that the sponsor has met the requirements for eligibility to be a sponsor.
The medical exam requested on October 11, 2018

Thank you!

YULIA-2016

Champion Member
Mar 4, 2015
Visa Office......
Warsaw
App. Filed.......
Jan.2016
AOR Received.
June 2016
File Transfer...
Jan.2017
Med's Request
First June 06-2017 from Warsaw ; Second 26 July 2018 from London
Med's Done....
Sep 27 2018
Passport Req..
DM Sep 29 2018, PPR Oct 01 2018
VISA ISSUED...
Oct 10 2018
Hello folks,
I have submitted the sponsorship documents for my dad on October 5, 2018. He was selected in the second round of lottery.
I have been working for over 6 years and don't have any income shortfall issues (with God's grace).
wondering if anybody knows the actual time lines. CIC website give a ball park 2 year / 22 month wait time but I have heard cases being processed earlier too. My dad is 83, so biometrics are not required. He has been here every year for the past 4 years and holds a super visa.
any guidance about the timeline is much appreciated.
Thanks,
everybody has a change for fast track :)
SS
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1B_YAyszLcUxbfe0ur7WPZRPJ0y2COpRJSt8Ce19yrhI/edit#gid=761650616

Atif.Ayub

Star Member
Dec 4, 2009
Mississauga, ON, Canada
Visa Office......
Buffalo
App. Filed.......
18-09-2009
Doc's Request.
11-12-2009
AOR Received.
29-04-2010
Med's Request
04-11-2010
Med's Done....
17-12-2010
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
16-05-2011
VISA ISSUED...
24-05-2011 (in person-Buffalo)
LANDED..........
24-05-2011
Hello folks,
I have submitted the sponsorship documents for my dad on October 5, 2018. He was selected in the second round of lottery.
I have been working for over 6 years and don't have any income shortfall issues (with God's grace).
wondering if anybody knows the actual time lines. CIC website give a ball park 2 year / 22 month wait time but I have heard cases being processed earlier too. My dad is 83, so biometrics are not required. He has been here every year for the past 4 years and holds a super visa.
any guidance about the timeline is much appreciated.
Thanks,
@YULIA-2016 Please add me to the list as well. 1 applicant from Pakistan. Currently here but will travel back soon.

Reactions: YULIA-2016

YULIA-2016

Champion Member
Mar 4, 2015
Visa Office......
Warsaw
App. Filed.......
Jan.2016
AOR Received.
June 2016
File Transfer...
Jan.2017
Med's Request
Med's Done....
Sep 27 2018
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
Oct 10 2018
Hey,

@YULIA-2016 please update the spreadsheet with the following:

The sponsor and the applicant status has changed to "in Process" on October 10, 2018
The sponsor has received a letter on October 11, 2018 stating that the sponsor has met the requirements for eligibility to be a sponsor.
The medical exam requested on October 11, 2018

Thank you!
warsaw ili Ottawa?

Badtz Maru

Feb 12, 2015
My parents went to the Beijing office yesterday and submitted their passports along with other docs requested. I created two Word docs for them - one for height and eye color, and one for their contact info as requested on the CVAC's website. They printed them out on two separate piece of papers, and handed them in. There wasn't any issues. I believe the height and eye color is for the VISA and CORP, and the contact info is just for the CVAC Beijing office to contact you if needed.

The Beijing office uses EMS for courier services. I don't know how it works if your parents submit their package remotely. Based on my parents' experience, no one will answer your questions until you are there in person. My parents had to go in person, the Beiijng office gave them the EMS envelopes to fill out after they accepted their package. One envelope per passport, so you need to pay courier fees multiple times depending on the number of passports submitted.

Once my parents got to the Beijing VISA office in person though, everything was formal and smooth. Hope this helps!
Hi
Do u know if parent can submit the passport to HongKong or Macau office in person?

calgary17

Mar 11, 2017
London, ON
Hi Everyone,

I am planning to sponsor my parents in 2019. I became PR in January 2016 (Sponsored by my husband). I'll meet the income requirements of 2016, 2017, 2018.

But I was reading the guide. In form IMM 1344, eligibility questions, question no. 5 says "In the past five years preceding this application, did you become a permanent resident after being sponsored as a spouse".

And also it says, if you answer YES to this question and you are sponsoring a spouse or common law partner, you are not eligible. Which makes it clear, that I can sponsor my parents.
But I need advice from the experts here, Will I be eligible to sponsor my parents even though i became PR 3 years ago after being sponsored by my spouse.

Thank you in advance!!

RanjithP

Feb 20, 2012
Hi Everyone,

I am planning to sponsor my parents in 2019. I became PR in January 2016 (Sponsored by my husband). I'll meet the income requirements of 2016, 2017, 2018.

But I was reading the guide. In form IMM 1344, eligibility questions, question no. 5 says "In the past five years preceding this application, did you become a permanent resident after being sponsored as a spouse".

And also it says, if you answer YES to this question and you are sponsoring a spouse or common law partner, you are not eligible. Which makes it clear, that I can sponsor my parents.
But I need advice from the experts here, Will I be eligible to sponsor my parents even though i became PR 3 years ago after being sponsored by my spouse.

Thank you in advance!!
Yes, you should be fine to sponsor your parents. The restriction is specifically for sponsoring a spouse or common law partner (guess it is related to reducing marriage related immigration frauds).

Sarah86

Aug 7, 2018
Hi Everyone,

I had submitted my Intent to sponsor my Parents in January same like all of you. I had taken the screenshots of all my input just for my record, I also had written my confirmation number on a piece of a paper.

Unfortunately, I was not Lucky in first draw, I used my confirmation number lookup online as well.

After 2nd draw, I tried to lookup my confirmation number that I lost somewhere. Hence I contacted CIC using the link for lost Confirmation number, they replied to me in 4~5 days saying that "We regret to inform you that the information you provided does not match any of the web form submissions that were chosen to submit an application."

Now this is confusing reply to me, does this means:
1) My application webform was rejected
2) My Application webform is lost somewhere.

This is what they replied to me last year when I could not locate my confirmation number.
Sorry , it means your number doesn't match with any of the chosen ones

YULIA-2016

Champion Member
Mar 4, 2015
Visa Office......
Warsaw
App. Filed.......
Jan.2016
AOR Received.
June 2016
File Transfer...
Jan.2017
Med's Request
Med's Done....
Sep 27 2018
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
Oct 10 2018
Hi Everyone,

Thank you in advance!!
read more carefully ! says if you said YES for Q 6-15

JennyXu1984

May 22, 2018
Hi
Do u know if parent can submit the passport to HongKong or Macau office in person?
In the letter requesting your parents to submit their passports, it should be quite clear that if they live in Mainland China, Beijing VISA office is the only place to submit their passports to. Only people who live in HongKong or Macau can submit to those regional VISA offices.

Reactions: Badtz Maru

calgary17

Mar 11, 2017
London, ON
read more carefully ! says if you said YES for Q 6-15
Hi there,

Yes that's right, but if you see at the bottom of question number 4, It says if your answer is Yes to Question 5, and you are sponsoring your spouse, you are not eligible. That clears my doubt of my eligibility, but I just wanted to make sure with the experts in this forum.

Hopeful99

Star Member
Aug 16, 2018
To those who has already done the medical for their parents, did any of you bring any supplementary docs - like clearances from your family docs during the medical? I wonder if these are any good or would even be looked at by the ircc docs...