+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parents and Grandparents Sponsorship 2018

JennyXu1984

May 22, 2018
it will be ridiculous that those docs need to submitted in person, especially in China, the country that has most advanced logistic delivery.
Well, indeed. That's what happens when only one agency in Mainland China was given the authorization to work with the consulate in Beijing. They can do whatever they want I guess...
on Beijing Visa application center website, it says you can submit passport in person or by mail, and many people mailed the passports there, Beijing Visa application center works for IRCC.
http://www.vfsglobal.ca/Canada/China/English/how_to_apply.html
SUBMIT YOUR PASSPORT
If you have received notification from the Government of Canada requesting your passport, you may submit your passport along with the passport request letter via Canada Visa Application Centre (CVAC).

Please note that there will be service charges for CVAC to not only deliver your passport to the visa offices in a timely and safe manner, but also assist you to track your application status via CVAC website. For the details of Service and Service Charge Schedule, please click here and check.

How to submit your passport:

Once you receive notification from the Government of Canada requesting your passport, you can choose any one of the following methods to make submission with documents well prepared.

1. In person/ Authorize a representative at the CVAC
    With your passport(s), make sure you include:
  • The passport request letter your received from IRCC
  • Any applicable visa application cerntre (VAC) fees, such as passport transmission fees, courier fees, etc.
  • Your contact information, including your email, phone number and return address
  • The VAC consent forms
  • Use of A Representative (if applicable)
  • Your previous passport with exit-entry records which you have ever mentioned during the online application submission or, a written explanation provided the previous passport is not kept any more. Should you never mention the previous records, please kindly ignore this item.
  • Or,
  1. Mail to CVAC
  • Your passport(s)
  • The passport request letter you received from IRCC
  • Remittance receipt (Total payment should be a sum of passport transmission service fee plus courier fee per applicant in case of no other optional services selected.)
  • Please visit “HOW TO APPLY” >> “Mail Your Application” to learn the relevant address and bank account of each CVAC (Step 5 & 8).
  • The VAC consent forms
  • Use of A Representative (if applicable)
  • An additional paper in which your valid contact phone number and email address are specified. (Also state it clearly in case you are not the recipient or, the result is returning to other designated address other than the one on forms.)
  • Your previous passport with exit-entry records which you have ever mentioned during the online application submission or, a written explanation provided the previous passport is not kept any more. Should you never mention the previous records, please kindly ignore this item
To retrieve your passport(s), you have the choice of;
  1. Picking up the passport in person/ by an authorized representative from the CVAC or;
  2. Requesting return of passport by courier.
I read all that information on their website. My uncle went in again yesterday and asked a different person working there, who said mail-in is an option. So maybe the first person my uncle spoke to was either in a bad mood that day or didn't know his/her job well. Regardless, the advantage of being there in person is that they will review all your docs on spot, so if you missed anything you can correct that right away, and therefore speed up the process.

My parents had already bought the high speed train tickets and are in Beijing now. Hopefully things go smoothly from there!

JennyXu1984

May 22, 2018
if you submit the application( e.g.visitor visa application, or immigration application) you might need to go in person, they need to check if you miss some documents. but right now your application was approved, you just need to submit passport, you can mail passport to them, your relative may ask how to submit the immigration application, not asking how to submit passport after approved. there might be misunderstanding.
Everything would be easier if they just answer their phones or emails. For this step, there are a few other docs that need to be submitted along with the passports. 8 documents + fees for CVAC. Some of these docs are requested by the Beijing office only, and their fee schedule is not very clear. Anyway, a 10 minute phone call could save my parents the trip to Beijing, but they are there now, so figures crossed.

Velly21

Mar 22, 2018
Hello:)
Kindly please update line 57. My parents did their medical on Oct 5th and did sputum tests on Oct 8,9 & 10 and they were told to come back on January 9, 2019. Meanwhile, my mother had to go to cardiologist as they requested to have her heart check and do 2D echo Doppler.
My father also received email on Oct 9.
This is what the letter says;

Dear applicant,

Your immigration medical examination result has been received and in order to complete the assessment additional information is required.

Please print out a copy of this message and present it to the panel physician who did your initial immigration medical examination. In exceptional situations, you may utilize the services of another panel physician used for Canadian immigration examinations (http://www.cic.gc.ca/pp-md/pp-list.aspx). Exceptional circumstances include: moving to a new location making it difficult to visit the original panel physician, or the original panel physician is no longer available.

You have 60 days from the date of this letter to comply with this request.

Kind regards,

Regional Medical Office (RMO)- Manila

Embassy of Canada Manila

My parents went back to the panel Physician to give this letter on Oct 10.
The panel Physician just told them “okay” . No update since then.

Hope everything turns out okay.

andypatel

Star Member
May 27, 2010
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
Hi guys,
I used this forum long time ago when i did my PR file.

Now we are sponsoring my in-laws we got AOR on Aug 31 2018, now we just got today email asking to provide NOA which we both sign and give permission to take from CRA directly, I am adding email as follow:

"
2015/2016/2017 Option C Print: Provide a Notice of Assessment or Option C printout
issued to you by the Canada Revenue Agency (CRA) for tax years 2017, 2016 and 2015. Please note
that T4 and T1 are insufficient and only Option C or Notice of Assessment will be accepted. If you do
not have paper copies of your Notices of Assessment on file, you can view (and print) your tax returns
as well as other personal tax information using the CRA’s My Account online service. To register or
login, visit My Account (http://www.cra-arc.gc.ca/myaccount/). If you do not have access to your CRA
online account, you may contact the Canada Revenue Agency and request a copy free-of-charge by
calling 1-800-959-8281. This must be received at this office by: 2018/11/09.

Please note that sufficient evidence must be provided to substantiate any income that you (and your
co-signer if applicable) have listed on the Financial Evaluation (IMM 1283) form. Income for which
there is insufficient proof will not be considered.

All requested documents/information and a copy of this correspondence must be submitted within the
timeframes specified above (formatted as “year/month/day”). If you are unable to provide any or all of
the requested documents/information, please explain why they are not available.

Please send the documents/information to the address listed below:
Agent EP – PGP 2018
CPC Mississauga / CTD Mississauga
PO BOX 6100, Station A / CP 6100, Station A
Mississauga, ON L5A 4H4 "

now question is why we have to fill IMM 1283 and which document i have to send them so please help me to
understand what they are asking.

Thanks,
Andy Patel

YULIA-2016

Champion Member
Mar 4, 2015
Visa Office......
Warsaw
App. Filed.......
Jan.2016
AOR Received.
June 2016
File Transfer...
Jan.2017
Med's Request
First June 06-2017 from Warsaw ; Second 26 July 2018 from London
Med's Done....
Sep 27 2018
Passport Req..
DM Sep 29 2018, PPR Oct 01 2018
VISA ISSUED...
Oct 10 2018
Andy, your line 150 NOA = the same like in finance form?

YVR123

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2017
Hi guys,
I used this forum long time ago when i did my PR file.

Now we are sponsoring my in-laws we got AOR on Aug 31 2018, now we just got today email asking to provide NOA which we both sign and give permission to take from CRA directly, I am adding email as follow:

now question is why we have to fill IMM 1283 and which document i have to send them so please help me to
understand what they are asking.

Thanks,
Andy Patel
It looks like they want you to send in copies of NOA and the completed IMM 1283.
According to the guide, you don't need to if you signed and gave permission for them to get it directly from CRA. So I don't know why they ask you to provide these. But if I were you, I will just send them regardless of why.

katewilson76

Star Member
Aug 16, 2018
BC
Visa Office......
London
Anyone heard from London LVO???
It is crazy slow for London LVO

March 20th - Invitation email for PGP 2018
April 11th - Application mailed
April 13th - Application delivered
April 19th - AOR Email
June 28th - SA (Sponsorship Approved). Application forwarded to local office (London)
No! we are the Same, our Case went to London VO and then radio silence

gmmpjcf

Star Member
Sep 17, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Cpp- ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-04-2013
Doc's Request.
Biodata & RPRf request: 10-12-2013
AOR Received.
11-06-2013
Med's Request
13-12-2013
Med's Done....
07-01-2014
Passport Req..
26-02-2014

CANADA_ROCKS

May 8, 2018
For Police clearance certificates (PCC), for parents sponsorship, do they need to submit PCC for all countries since age of 18, or only countries within the last 10 years where stay has been over 6 months in a row
e.g. if parents have never been out of home country(except Canada) in last 20 years but had stayed over 7 months in a row for some countries 15 or 20 years ago(basically beyond 10 years) , is PCC still needed from that time?

Agharr1

Star Member
May 17, 2015
London- UK office seems to be very busy
No news as of today from them for my parents PR sponsorship application.

- Invitation to apply was received on 21 March
- Application package was received at IRCC on 18 April.
- AOR was received on June 1
- Application acceptance and LVO details were received on June 26, no news after that.

So let’s hope for the best!

Badtz Maru

Feb 12, 2015
your parents can mailed passport to Beijing Visa Application Center, see 护照递送服务/ 采用快递邮寄方式提交给CVAC
http://www.vfsglobal.ca/canada/china/how_to_apply.html
Hi, I have a question for u not sure if u know.y parents also need to mail the passsport to Beijing, but not sure if I also need to include the other envelope for the return passport? If not, how can I provide the mailing address?
Thanks a lot!

Badtz Maru

Feb 12, 2015
Hi, I just received PPR, one of the asked document is The height and eye colour (for both eyes) for the Principal Applicant and all of his accompanying defendants. My question is do I write it down on a piece of paper or something else?

Thanks a lot!

Reactions: YULIA-2016

nitika_joshi

Jun 4, 2014
Vancouver, BC
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney NS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-Nov-2013
Doc's Request.
15-May-2014 (PCC, RPRF)
Nomination.....
30-Sep--2013
AOR Received.
13-Jan-2014
IELTS Request
NA
Med's Request
13-Jan-2014
Med's Done....
14-Jan-2014
Passport Req..
24-Jul-2014
Hi, my parents are currently residing with me in Canada on super visa. I am in BC and they belong to India. Please update the tracker for nitika_joshi. Thank You!

sandeep.dhanju

Jul 19, 2018
Hello All,

So finally after 2 weeks of ecas status "Decision Made" , my parents have got passport submission request to Ottawa office . But, They are currently in India. Do they have to fill IRCC web form in order to inform IRCC about their current country of residence? Anybody else in same kind of situation?