+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parents and Grandparents Sponsorship 2018

shaesky

May 9, 2018
Hi everyone I am going to ask this once again about police clearance/certificate. Does my mom have to get a police certificate here in Canada as she stayed here for a year through tourist visa twice. Now she’s in home country and getting a police certificate. Does she need to get police certificate here in Canada and if yes how? One of the member here said the my mom doesn’t need to. Please give anny comments/suggestions. Thanks

DeHdez15

Mar 10, 2016
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-01-2016
AOR Received.
08-03-2016
File Transfer...
13-05-2016
Med's Request
Requested again Oct 20/16
Med's Done....
Oct 28/16 (2nd time)
Passport Req..
November 8/2016
VISA ISSUED...
November 21/2016
LANDED..........
December 10/2016

Another-Immigrant

Sep 13, 2014
Ontario
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
13-09-2018
AOR Received.
03-12-2018
Hi everyone I am going to ask this once again about police clearance/certificate. Does my mom have to get a police certificate here in Canada as she stayed here for a year through tourist visa twice. Now she’s in home country and getting a police certificate. Does she need to get police certificate here in Canada and if yes how? One of the member here said the my mom doesn’t need to. Please give anny comments/suggestions. Thanks

As far as I know, CIC needs you to submit the PCC (Police clearance Certificate) from all countries where you (your parents) lived more than six months.

I did for my mother from Canada as well as from country or Origin (India) , but she was in Canada at that time.

I went to this site and just walked in

https://www.fips.ca/

This may be helpful for you

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/medical-police/police-certificates/how.html

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?qnum=857&top=4&_ga=2.79005204.1464361648.1538401120-743597375.1537448511

Link of RCMP website, to get from Outside Canada

http://www.rcmp-grc.gc.ca/en/steps-getting-a-certified-criminal-record-check

I think the Key is they need finger prints.

Hope this helps

DeHdez15

Mar 10, 2016
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-01-2016
AOR Received.
08-03-2016
File Transfer...
13-05-2016
Med's Request
Med's Done....
Oct 28/16 (2nd time)
Passport Req..
November 8/2016
VISA ISSUED...
November 21/2016
LANDED..........
December 10/2016
Quick question friends,
I am sending my mom's passport to Ottawa as she is staying in Canada now.
They ask in the form, country of residence, as she is currently staying in Canada, should the country be Canada?
Or should I put, El Salvador, my sister says that they are asking country of residence, not country of residency...

DeHdez15

Mar 10, 2016
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-01-2016
AOR Received.
08-03-2016
File Transfer...
13-05-2016
Med's Request
Med's Done....
Oct 28/16 (2nd time)
Passport Req..
November 8/2016
VISA ISSUED...
November 21/2016
LANDED..........
December 10/2016
mmm , that sound weird. Can you please point to a link from CIC , that is explaining all this?

Thanks
Family size applies for all the years, even when the family got bigger only until the last year...

harjit007

Aug 27, 2018
Hi

Do you get PPR request(separate emails) for main applicant and dependent? I just got one email for my father but not mother. I wonder i should just send both the passports or wait for another email(PPR) for mother.
Need help:
Hi do you expect to get 1 or 2 emails from New Delhi visa office for PPR. Anyone got PPR from New Delhi ?

USK

Star Member
Jul 7, 2012
Friends,
Don't overkill yourself. We don't need a PCC for parents for their stay in Canada. This was confirmed by the CIC agent on phone. The rep was kind enough to send me an email confirmation in this regard.

I believe one fellow member requested me to share the content of this Request For Information.
Here is the full email from the CIC representative (see point number 3 under POLICE CERTIFICATES):

"Good day,

Thank you for contacting Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada. As discussed, you will find below complementary information to our conversation:

Processing times - Parents and grandparents

We know how important this process is to you and are hoping to finish processing your application as soon as we can.

We would like to give you an overview of the process so you can fully understand the different steps of the application.

Once you send an application to sponsor your parents or grandparents, the process is done in two steps. There are different processing times for each step.

• Step 1: Sponsor eligibility
After we receive the application, we will send an acknowledgement letter. At the Case Processing Centre (CPC) in Mississauga, Ontario, an officer will verify if the sponsor is eligible.

If the sponsor resides in Quebec, they will receive a letter indicating to fill out some forms and to send them to the Ministère de l’Immigration, de la Diversité et de l’Inclusion (MIDI).

• Step 2: Final decision
The CPC in Mississauga will send the file to the responsible office. At the office, an officer will verify if the sponsored persons meet all the requirements to become permanent residents of Canada. The processing time for this step varies depending on the case.

Police certificates

In general, if you and your family members want to immigrate to Canada, a police certificate is an essential part of your application.

Some countries may ask you to provide fingerprints, photos or a letter from Canadian immigration authorities explaining why you need a police certificate.

For more information on police certificates*:

• Verify the sections Police certificates of the Instruction guide and the Document checklist of your application kit,
  • Police certificates are generally valid for one year from the date they are issued,
  • You do not need to provide a police certificate for your time in Canada, and
  • Please visit our website for more details.
*If you cannot get a police certificate, we invite you to include a written explanation with your application and an original letter from the police authorities confirming that they will not issue a certificate.

How to submit your feedback

Your feedback is important to us. You may submit a comment, compliment or complaint about IRCC services, performance or processes, such as:

• Application processing times,
  • Fees or refunds,
  • Online tools or the IRCC website,
  • Policy and legislation,
  • Etc.
In order to do so, please fill out the feedback form available on our website.

We hope the information provided is helpful in assisting you with your enquiry.

We would also like to suggest the following online services that might be helpful to you:

Thank you,

DANNYCANADA

Sep 28, 2018
Friends,
Don't overkill yourself. We don't need a PCC for parents for their stay in Canada. This was confirmed by the CIC agent on phone. The rep was kind enough to send me an email confirmation in this regard.

I believe one fellow member requested me to share the content of this Request For Information.
Here is the full email from the CIC representative (see point number 3 under POLICE CERTIFICATES):

"Good day,

Thank you for contacting Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada. As discussed, you will find below complementary information to our conversation:

Processing times - Parents and grandparents

We know how important this process is to you and are hoping to finish processing your application as soon as we can.

We would like to give you an overview of the process so you can fully understand the different steps of the application.

Once you send an application to sponsor your parents or grandparents, the process is done in two steps. There are different processing times for each step.

• Step 1: Sponsor eligibility
After we receive the application, we will send an acknowledgement letter. At the Case Processing Centre (CPC) in Mississauga, Ontario, an officer will verify if the sponsor is eligible.

If the sponsor resides in Quebec, they will receive a letter indicating to fill out some forms and to send them to the Ministère de l’Immigration, de la Diversité et de l’Inclusion (MIDI).

• Step 2: Final decision
The CPC in Mississauga will send the file to the responsible office. At the office, an officer will verify if the sponsored persons meet all the requirements to become permanent residents of Canada. The processing time for this step varies depending on the case.

Police certificates

In general, if you and your family members want to immigrate to Canada, a police certificate is an essential part of your application.

Some countries may ask you to provide fingerprints, photos or a letter from Canadian immigration authorities explaining why you need a police certificate.

For more information on police certificates*:

• Verify the sections Police certificates of the Instruction guide and the Document checklist of your application kit,
  • Police certificates are generally valid for one year from the date they are issued,
  • You do not need to provide a police certificate for your time in Canada, and
  • Please visit our website for more details.
*If you cannot get a police certificate, we invite you to include a written explanation with your application and an original letter from the police authorities confirming that they will not issue a certificate.

How to submit your feedback

Your feedback is important to us. You may submit a comment, compliment or complaint about IRCC services, performance or processes, such as:

• Application processing times,
  • Fees or refunds,
  • Online tools or the IRCC website,
  • Policy and legislation,
  • Etc.
In order to do so, please fill out the feedback form available on our website.

We hope the information provided is helpful in assisting you with your enquiry.

We would also like to suggest the following online services that might be helpful to you:

Thank you,
Very helpful~! Thank you!

Reactions: shaesky

Helping hand

Oct 1, 2018
The Officer normally request you to get one in case if they need it. Don’t worry, just relax.

Last edited:

YULIA-2016

Champion Member
Mar 4, 2015
Visa Office......
Warsaw
App. Filed.......
Jan.2016
AOR Received.
June 2016
File Transfer...
Jan.2017
Med's Request
First June 06-2017 from Warsaw ; Second 26 July 2018 from London
Med's Done....
Sep 27 2018
Passport Req..
DM Sep 29 2018, PPR Oct 01 2018
VISA ISSUED...
Oct 10 2018
you need police just from back home

bootstrap

Feb 23, 2011
Visa Office......
Buffalo, NY
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 2010
Doc's Request.
Nov 2010
AOR Received.
July 2011
Med's Request
May 2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Nov 2012
VISA ISSUED...
December 2012
LANDED..........
December 2012

harjit007

Aug 27, 2018
Sorry asking again
Need help:
Hi do you expect to get 1 or 2 emails from New Delhi visa office for PPR. Anyone got PPR from New Delhi ?I just one letter for dad below, my parents are in Canada so wondering if I should send both their passports to Ottawa or wait for another similar email for mother .

Dear xxxxx

This is in reference to your application for permanent residence. To finalize your application, we require:

1) Passports

· VFS is our trusted partner for safe and secure passport transmission. Using VFS services is the only way to submit your passport. Contact VFS in India (www.vfsglobal.ca/canada/india) or in Nepal (www.vfsglobal.ca/canada/Nepal) and pay the requisite fees for the Passport Transmission Services . A separate envelope is required for each passport.

· Please take this letter and present it to VFS for the purchase of the secure Passport Transmission Service. VFS will send your passport to the High Commission of Canada in New Delhi in a secure envelope. You will then be advised by VFS when your passport has been returned and is ready to be picked up.

• Please note that permanent resident visas cannot be placed in Diplomatic, Official or Military passports.
  • There must be at least two blank pages in each passport.
  • We are unable to issue a visa beyond the expiry date in your passport. Your passport must be valid for at least six months.

2) Photographs

Please provide two (2) recent photographs along with your passports for yourself and each accompanying dependent. For instructions on photo requirements and specifications, see: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/guides/pdf/5445EB-e.pdf

3) Change in Circumstances

Should any of the following circumstances apply to you (or any person included in your application), you must inform this office immediately:

· Change in marital status, for example due to marriage, divorce, annulment or death;

· Death of applicant, dependant of sponsor/assisting relative;

· Birth of a child and/or pregnancy (please provide expected date of confinement);

· Change in health;

· The laying of criminal charges or conviction for a criminal offence;

· A change in availability of funds for use in Canada;

· Change of address or phone number

4) Submitting your passport(s) in Canada (CPC-O)

If you have a mailing address in Canada and if you and all the accompanying dependents on your application are currently in Canada and plan to be in Canada for at least three months, you may submit your passport(s) to the Case Processing Centre – Ottawa.

You are required to send your document(s) together along with a copy of this letter by mail or courier to the following address with the additional following document:

· A self-addressed, pre-paidXpresspost envelope from Canada Post.

Purchase your prepaid letter-sized (32 x 24 cm) Canada PostXpresspost envelope (Regional if you live in Ontario or Quebec; National for other provinces and territories), at any Canada Post retail outlet.

Complete the mailing label showing your full mailing address in the “Deliver To” field.

Make a note of tracking numbers for each envelope.

Enclose this envelope along with your documents and a copy of this letter.

You can purchase a Canada Post shipping label on line at:

http://www.canadapost.ca/personal/tools/cst/intro-e.asp

Please note that the Case Processing Centre in Ottawa will not return documents to a Canadian address via any other courier than a pre-paid self-addressed Expresspost envelope.

Submit all documents in a single package and send it to the following address:

CPC – Ottawa – PR

365 Laurier Avenue West

Ottawa ON

K1A 1L1

NOTE: Your passports and photos must be received by the visa office in New Delhi within 30 days of the date of this letter. Failure to comply with this request could result in the refusal of your application. Please include a copy of this letter along with your submission.

xilji

Star Member
May 14, 2015
Hello

Can someone shed some light on this please.
Currently I have a family size of 5. I am having a baby this month. So My family size will be 6.
1. Does the lico needs to be recalculated for 2015 2016 and 2017 ?
2. Should it match per family size on individual year as mine was 4 in 2015 and 2016 , 5 in 2017 and 6 in 2018 ?
OR
it should match for family size of 6 for all the previous year

Cravethe6th

Aug 8, 2018
Hello

Can someone shed some light on this please.
Currently I have a family size of 5. I am having a baby this month. So My family size will be 6.
1. Does the lico needs to be recalculated for 2015 2016 and 2017 ?
2. Should it match per family size on individual year as mine was 4 in 2015 and 2016 , 5 in 2017 and 6 in 2018 ?
OR
it should match for family size of 6 for all the previous year
6 for 3 consecutive years....