+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parents and Grandparents Sponsorship 2018

neeti2090

Feb 8, 2017
Quick question:
In the IMM1344 Form- Question 7- If you are a permanent resident or naturalized citizen , provide the following information: Date YYYY MM DD
Now my husband has citizenship card which displays only Year and Month and not Date.
What to write in Date field ?

moike

May 22, 2018
Quick question:
In the IMM1344 Form- Question 7- If you are a permanent resident or naturalized citizen , provide the following information: Date YYYY MM DD
Now my husband has citizenship card which displays only Year and Month and not Date.
What to write in Date field ?
The certificate paper that came with the card has the exact date

JUST CHILL

Star Member
May 24, 2009
Ar

are you able to see your status online? I also got a temp number but im unable to see anything from ecas
They have not started the processing yet your file is ready and waiting to be processed. Once they start that process you might get AOR and then will be able to see that online. At this stage it’s just waiting after initial checking.

Margiela

Apr 3, 2014
Hi all,

Please add the following application info to the spreadsheet:

Applicant: Margiela
Province: BC
Invitation received: Mar 19, 2018
Application received: May 17, 2018 according to ECAS
AOR received: Aug 28, 2018
Status for sponsor and principal applicant: Application received

Let the journey begin and good luck to everyone!!!

Reactions: YULIA-2016

Assaf97

Star Member
Apr 19, 2018
Guys, I'm going to go crazy due to lack of information so here's hoping to someone here would be able to help me. We recently received this email on August 23, https://imgur.com/gallery/zqRF9ko but have no idea what it exactly is. Is this our AOR? If so what does that mean exactly, where does that place us in our process?

Zhuzhu

May 3, 2018
Please update the SS:
now I am line 91.
Medical request - received today, Aug 28th.
My SA approval date is Aug 21st.

Thank you!

Reactions: YULIA-2016

abcjatt

Star Member
Jun 26, 2015
Hi Guys,

Our Doctor has submitted the medical for us but still on CIC account it shows "medical requested" and "action required...." ??

Do I need to send the medical form given by doctor by email ?

Thanks,

Zhuzhu

May 3, 2018
Thank you!! But why the congratulations? Like I said, I'm not sure where this exactly puts us now! If you can enlighten me that would be great
Next you need to exercise your patience. There is nothing you can do at this point but wait for the next steps, which are Sponsorship approval (you are being notified that you are approved as a sponsor), and then they send your application to a local visa office, and then a Medical exam and Police Certificate (unless they would want something else from you). You can see the progress of the others in the spreadsheet https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1B_YAyszLcUxbfe0ur7WPZRPJ0y2COpRJSt8Ce19yrhI/edit#gid=761650616.

Assaf97

Star Member
Apr 19, 2018
Next you need to exercise your patience. There is nothing you can do at this point but wait for the next steps, which are Sponsorship approval (you are being notified that you are approved as a sponsor), and then they send your application to a local visa office, and then a Medical exam and Police Certificate (unless they would want something else from you). You can see the progress of the others in the spreadsheet https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1B_YAyszLcUxbfe0ur7WPZRPJ0y2COpRJSt8Ce19yrhI/edit#gid=761650616.
Thanks ZhuZhu I really appreciated it but just a few questions, the first category is "Invitation received" I am assuming that this refers to the lottery that we applied to back in January 2018 and after that "Application received in Ottawa" which is pretty obvious and then after that you have "AOR date". My concern is that some people have a 1-2 month wait between "Invitation received" and "AOR Date" while other people like took almost 6 months! Are they just lucky to be so fast or is mine considered slow?

Anyways, it really seems that the entire process is pretty fast for people in the spread sheet! Most are going from "AOR received date" to IME within 1-3 months! I was expecting the process to take a year or 2!

Last edited:

Assaf97

Star Member
Apr 19, 2018
Once AOR is received, usually how long after does it take to get sponsor approval and what do they usually look for to approve a sponsor?