Application sent: 23nd August 2018
Application received at Ottawa : 24th August 2018
Both SIN and NOA provided
Province Ontario

Thank You

Reactions: YULIA-2016

abirdie

Oct 1, 2012
After 30 to 40 days Ottawa will ask for PCC;Medical,travel history.You can order PCC as it got 6 months validity.
Hi,
May I know how long it took for you to get decision made/sponsorship approval status after the application received status?
My application was sent on May 15th and till now I am just stuck at application received status.

oaw

Star Member
Jul 9, 2014
Is this applicable for people that applied in 2018 and did not get selected or next year's lottery in 2019? If this year, when are they going to select additional 7000 applications?
Well my guess is that they already did
the first draw was of 15000 people, the quota is only 10,000.
The 2nd draw was of 8500 people.

razerblade

VIP Member
Feb 21, 2014
Hi,
May I know how long it took for you to get decision made/sponsorship approval status after the application received status?
My application was sent on May 15th and till now I am just stuck at application received status.
Yulia is maintaining the following spreadsheet which tracks timelines of some of the folks here:
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1B_YAyszLcUxbfe0ur7WPZRPJ0y2COpRJSt8Ce19yrhI/edit#gid=1444578034

My guess is that bulk of applications were delivered in the 2nd to last week of May. A slowdown is to be expected. Comparing your timeline with those that sent their applications very early may not be accurate.

Reactions: siju22

RanjithP

Feb 20, 2012
Hello All,

Just putting together the forms and documents for my parents, and have a few questions. Maybe I am overthinking here but just to be sure. :)

1) While ordering the documents, I am thinking of putting the Invitation Letter from CIC, followed by the checklist. And then the barcodes, and this is where I am getting confused. We get barcodes out of IMM 1344 as well as IMM 0008. Any specific order these should be placed ?

2) Any section that does not apply in our case, I assume I'd put in "NA" as suggested in the guide. But in some places, the PDF will only accept specific information like dates or numbers. In such cases, do I need to print the form and write NA by hand? Or leaving blank is OK?

2) IMM 5768 -
  • For the counts in this form, I'll include myself and my parents. None of the other counts apply to me. Do I leave these other counts in questions 4,5,6 etc. as blank or enter 0 there?
  • I assume I'd be better off entering the employment history by splitting it across taxation (calendar) years? Like from 01-Jan-2017 to 31-Dec-2017. If so, do I stick to the amounts from the T4?
  • I do not have a cosigner. Do I leave the corresponding sections blank or write by hand "NA" after printing out?

3) IMM 5669 -
  • Is the UCI number included in Visitor Visa? I saw some old posts and those suggest that the number under "Person(s)" in the visa is the UCI.
  • Assume Personal History section refers to one's primary activity. If one was working and took a short vacation (like 3-4 days), that does not have to be included here right? If required, that would go into the Travel History form, if we have to fill that up later, right?
  • My grandmother does not have a last name. I understand I have to enter her first name under "Last Name" field in the form. Do I leave First Name blank or do I enter "Not Applicable" here?
4) IMM 5406 -
  • Do not have email for lots of extended family - do we enter blank or 'Not Available' here?
5) IMM 0008 -
  • This form has a question about Intended Occupation. My parents are retired and do not intent to work. What do I put here?
    "Unknown"?
  • Question 10 (Current Country of Residence) asks for an end date. My parents are in Canada as visitors. Do we put current date here based on when we sign the form?

PedDoc

Star Member
Mar 17, 2015
As mentioned the "unfair/unlawful" part is the income sprinkling you are doing. Your wife obviously didn't suddenly discover extra work she did for your company in 2016 to suddenly warrant the extra payments, so as such you are just using her to lower your own tax burden. As you noted the government is cracking down on this practice now, but there were still rules to follow in the past on income sprinkling to family members so you just better make sure if CRA decides to audit you, then you are able to justify everything.

Also note that if you are chosen for 2018 parents lottery, the 2016 tax re-assessment must be completely done and official in CRAs records at the time IRCC does their initial income check on you. If you run into any problems with the 2016 re-assessment or it's delayed by CRA for whatever reason, then when IRCC checks they would have grounds to reject your app for not meeting LICO.
1) Paying retrospective dividends from your holding company to lower your tax burden in 2016 is not illegal . Hope this answers your questions

Reactions: K0c4nbi3t

RanjithP

Feb 20, 2012
Please add me to spreadsheet.
Name:Ruchi
Invitation Received :31st July 2018
Sponsoring: Dad and Mom
Parents country of residence: India
Application sent:22nd August 2018
Application received at Ottawa : 24th August 2018
Province Ontario

Thank You
Ruchi
Hi Ruchi,

Did you submit the forms via courier or through Canada post? If courier, which one did you use? Just wondering as it is a P.O. box address.

AimHigher1

Star Member
Nov 25, 2014
Brampton
Visa Office......
Parents Sponsorship Mom + DAD on Supervisa Living in Brampton with us
NOC Code......
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
28-05-2018

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
1) Paying retrospective dividends from your holding company to lower your tax burden in 2016 is not illegal . Hope this answers your questions
Not illegal but requesting a reassessment to pay yourself larger income for previous years looks bad to the CRA and CIC. Clearly changing their take home salary to now fit the LICO requirements not sure how either agency will respond. Should really have been considered LICO when paying yourself the minimal amount possible to save on taxes.

hp5gnr

Oct 27, 2015
I've added an additional page with the remaining siblings. I've also printed on the top right of the pages 1(2) on the first page and 2(2) on the second. And stapled these two pages (yes, I know that the recommendation is not to use staples for the application package, so I've stapled only these two pages).
Thanks a lot for your reply....

rajtoronto

Aug 24, 2018
All - what is the phone number for CIC? I sent them the application which was delivered to CIC on 8/8, but this morning, I received a reminder to submit application .. is this normal? ..doesnt sound like they got my application

Dear Client,

This e-mail is a friendly reminder regarding the Parents and Grandparents Program. The deadline for Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) to receive your complete application to sponsor your parents and grandparents is quickly approaching. Please read the attachment for very important information on the submission of your application.

trini777

May 24, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
All - what is the phone number for CIC? I sent them the application which was delivered to CIC on 8/8, but this morning, I received a reminder to submit application .. is this normal? ..doesnt sound like they got my application

Dear Client,

This e-mail is a friendly reminder regarding the Parents and Grandparents Program. The deadline for Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) to receive your complete application to sponsor your parents and grandparents is quickly approaching. Please read the attachment for very important information on the submission of your application.

The letter states that this is a reminder that they are sending to everyone and if you have already submitted to please ignore.

Reactions: Harman96

The Old Mate

Star Member
Apr 3, 2017
Please add me to spreadsheet.
Name:Oldmate
Invitation Received :1 Aug 2018
Sponsoring: Mom
Parents country of residence: India
Application sent: 24 August 2018
Application received at Ottawa : not yet
Province BC

Thanks

vickie_be

Aug 27, 2018
Hello everyone!
Please, add me to spreadsheet too
Name: vicke_be
Invitation received: March 20
Sponsoring: mom and dad
Parents country of residence: Belarus
Application sent: May 18, 2018
Application received: May 22, 2018
SIN is provided
Province ON
Additional request received: Aug 20 ( missing handwritten signature on IMM 5669)
Still didn't received application #