+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parents and Grandparents Sponsorship 2018

wins26

Feb 15, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi guys. Just for curiosity. I just called the cic about my application. It just a week though since i submitted it. Anyway. Agent confirmed that they received my application already then he gave me a temporary file number w/c is start with XF#########. hopefully i got my AOR soon and a real file number ☺

Last edited:
Reactions: YULIA-2016

USK

Star Member
Jul 7, 2012
Hi guys. Just for curiosity. I just called the cic about my application. It just a week though since i submitted it. Anyway. Agent confirmed that they received my application already then he gave me a temporary file number w/c is start with XF#########. hopefully i got my AOR soon and a real file number ☺
What does the temporary file number represent?
Is it an indicator of an application completed from all aspects?
Also, did this temporary number help you to link your application on 'myCIC'?

DeHdez15

Mar 10, 2016
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-01-2016
AOR Received.
08-03-2016
File Transfer...
13-05-2016
Med's Request
Requested again Oct 20/16
Med's Done....
Oct 28/16 (2nd time)
Passport Req..
November 8/2016
VISA ISSUED...
November 21/2016
LANDED..........
December 10/2016
Do you guys remember that my mom's PCC was held at customs in Mexico? it's been 4 days now...
I sent an email to Mexico VO to let them know that the documents were held in customs, and I have no idea why, or what to do.
I did say, I have scanned the original documents and their translations, I can send them again, and I will probably will need to, as we only have 60 days to do it.
I did not even expect the response I got, They wrote back and requested the scanned copies I have, and they will keep processing our application with the copies.
I just think is awesome they asked me to email the copies to keep the process.
I called Customs in Mexico they can't locate the documents, and have no idea why they were held either.
It may take up to 30 days to be delivered.

YULIA-2016

Champion Member
Mar 4, 2015
Visa Office......
Warsaw
App. Filed.......
Jan.2016
AOR Received.
June 2016
File Transfer...
Jan.2017
Med's Request
First June 06-2017 from Warsaw ; Second 26 July 2018 from London
Med's Done....
Sep 27 2018
Passport Req..
DM Sep 29 2018, PPR Oct 01 2018
VISA ISSUED...
Oct 10 2018
Hi Yulia, may be you should put the actual ECAS status as few people still don't have anything on the ECAS including myself.
I do if people report it ;)

hp5gnr

Oct 27, 2015
Hello, I have question regarding IMM-5406 (Additional Family Information)

My father has 5 brother/sisters.. But there are only 4 spaces for those.. So when I fill out second IMM-5406, I need to specify all the information again OR just the remaining brother/sister details?

Thanks

Last edited:

rajtoronto

Aug 24, 2018
Go here: https://services3.cic.gc.ca/ecas/security.do

Enter the sponsor's personal info like DOB, UCI, etc to login. If after logging in, you don't see any information, it means they haven't entered it into the system yet. Typically ECAS becomes active 1-2 weeks before AOR is sent.
Hi, how can i check the ecas status before AOR? it asks for identification IDs that one wont have till AOR is received, is there a workaround?

Zhuzhu

May 3, 2018

My father has 5 brother/sisters.. But there are only 4 spaces for those.. So when I fill out second IMM-5406, I need to specify all the information again OR just the remaining brother/sister details?

Thanks
I've added an additional page with the remaining siblings. I've also printed on the top right of the pages 1(2) on the first page and 2(2) on the second. And stapled these two pages (yes, I know that the recommendation is not to use staples for the application package, so I've stapled only these two pages).

jhoongo

Star Member
Nov 8, 2016
Hi all,

For those of you who see ECAS updated Decision Made, but have not received Sponsor Approval letter, I'm sharing my case.

ECAS for our application was updated to Decision Made for Sponsorship Eligibility on August 16.
I did receive the Sponsor Approval email today, August 24, and confirming our LVO is assigned to Manila.

Up until today, ECAS details for Sponsorship were shown as below
  1. We received your application to sponsor **** on May 9, 2018.
  2. We started processing your application on July 24, 2018.
And it has not been changed since July 24 even after today I received the SA letter.

For Principal Applicant's details,
  1. We received **** application for permanent residence on May 9, 2018.
  2. We started processing ****** application on August 22, 2018.
It wasn't showing the #2 until yesterday, and it started showing up once I receive the SA letter.

No update or change on CIC account yet.

Maybe YULIA, please update the SS accordingly for ECAS status for applicant on my record as it is saying In-Progress Jul 24.

Hope this helps for those of you who were waiting.

Thanks,

jhoongo

Star Member
Nov 8, 2016
Hi, how can i check the ecas status before AOR? it asks for identification IDs that one wont have till AOR is received, is there a workaround?
Simply check with your (Sponsor) UCI number if you have, and submitted it with your application.
If you use Sponsor's UCI, you should be able to see both Sponsor and Principal Applicant's status, if you use principal applicant, you will only see the principal applicant's status.

badar14

Champion Member
May 5, 2012
Vancouver
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
02-05-2010
LANDED..........
06-Aug-2013

Thanks
You can use additional sheet of same form

Good Luck

Kaushuque

Star Member
Jun 2, 2012
Is anyway I can upload Medical Surveillance which my dad done this February in Canada for Super visa. I received a letter from CIC ( by mail) to do that Surveillance again. I do have that Surveillance report already.

Thanks all.

Last edited:

skiour80

Apr 3, 2018
Hello, I have sent my papers on May 16, 2018. So far has received nothing. What shall I do? Is there anyone like me still waiting for AOR? thanks!