+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parents and Grandparents Sponsorship 2018

MIMI226

Oct 15, 2017
Lol ok that makes sense, thank you :)

Is it safe to assume that since we received the invitation to apply for PR that it means the application will likely be approved?

hj123

Star Member
Oct 14, 2013
Hi Guys,

Need some help

Anyone from India here? Can they let me know the notary type they used? As I remember for my PR we used Blue Notary stamp. Is that correct?

For additional family information {imm5406e} form, they have asked us to fill the names in native languages. I am assuming that I can copy the same form with blank names and write the names in native after printing it. Will it work?

Regards

Another-Immigrant

Sep 13, 2014
Ontario
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
13-09-2018
AOR Received.
03-12-2018

Is it safe to assume that since we received the invitation to apply for PR that it means the application will likely be approved?
Even if you are selected for PR application. You still can go ahead with supervisa. PR would be processed while your parents are staying with you on supervisa.

anttor

Star Member
Mar 8, 2015
Hi I am a bit confused here. I am planning to sponsor my father. My question is, my baby was born on 2018 so my family size became 3 but before that we were 2. Should the income threshold vary based on number of family member or it should be simple 3 plus my father = 4 family members income threshold for three consecutive years?

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017

Actually that is not true. If your parent has an expensive medical event or gets diagnosed with something expensive while waiting in Canada on a supervisa that will be recorded and could make them medically inadmissible. Even if they have insurance it becomes much harder to hide any medical issue. Some of the panel physicians do a very brief exam.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
True alot of immigrants and refugees seem to think bigger cities are better but smaller cities is good too. I live in Regina SK so the living costs such as rental is much lower and affordable and at the end of the month, you can still have some money left over from your wages. At least from people I know, there are plenty jobs available in Regina even though the city is small, travel is much easier and doesn't take too long to get to places.

There isn't alot of refugees here in SK most likely because of the harsh winter we have but other than that life is good. I wish they had an allocation system to which each province would accept a number of refugees into their care instead of exhausting resources from only cities such a Montreal or Toronto.
Unfortunately new immigrants seem to be determined to live within an existing large cultural community. I think it is a shame because having various cultures mix is what makes Canada great. Where as ethnic neighbourhoods used to be a few large blocks side beside each other some are now whole suburbs. Understand the appeal of being able to access food and ingredients that you can get in your home country, be close to a religious institution, etc but it also allows family members (mostly women and elderly people) to live in Canada without knowing English/French or integrate into Canada. There are many areas in the large Canadian cities where English or French are not the primary languages and signs are not in English or French. Causes problems in places like schools and hospitals where translators are necessary and can trap, especially women, in situations where they have no control. Unfortunately people hear that they must move to a certain area and have there mind made up before moving to Canada. Sure many would find the winters a bit jarring at fist but SK would likely provide a good comfortable life to any Canadian who moved there.

Last edited:

Harman96

Mar 24, 2013
Hi Guys,

Need some help

Anyone from India here? Can they let me know the notary type they used? As I remember for my PR we used Blue Notary stamp. Is that correct?

For additional family information {imm5406e} form, they have asked us to fill the names in native languages. I am assuming that I can copy the same form with blank names and write the names in native after printing it. Will it work?

Regards
Yes you can print it out first and then write names in your native language with black pen

katewilson76

Star Member
Aug 16, 2018
BC
Visa Office......
London
Have you received Sponsorship Approval letter ? typically they communicate VO in that letter.
I just got it today, we are going to be the London VO
Please Update line 103 of Spreadsheet, Aug 20th SA and London Visa Office. Thank you

Last edited:

robsmann

Star Member
May 21, 2012
Richmond, Virginia, United States of America
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2014
Doc's Request.
31-10-2014
IELTS Request
Sent with app
Med's Request
31-10-2014
Med's Done....
08-11-2014
Passport Req..
13-02-2015
VISA ISSUED...
27-02-2015
LANDED..........
18-04-2015
Hi All,
Update-
PR Application Status- Decision Made (Aug 18th) yuhoo...
Message in myCIC for pre-arrival services- Aug 18th

Now awaiting PPR...YUHOOOO
Hello everyone,
Great news to share- got PPR August 20, 2018, 10:41 PM ET .. unbelievably fast processing by CPC Ottawa!!
Good luck to everyone else whose application is under process.

FYI- PPR received via email even though we added application to MYCIC account.

Cheers!!!

Last edited:

taranom.b

Aug 21, 2018
Hello everyone,
I applied for parents sponsorship on January. I was wondering if any of you received an email stating that IRCC received your application as soon as you submitted your application for sponsorship. I never received any email back in January when I applied. Now I am doubting myself whether I even completed the "interest for sponsorship" application.
On the other hand I haven't received any emails yet to notify whether my application is selected or not. I just need to know if there are other people in this forum that had the same experience.

katewilson76

Star Member
Aug 16, 2018
BC
Visa Office......
London
Does anyone know how long it takes for the application to get to the local visa offices, and what happens next? Also anyone else heard anything from the London VO?

albertaorbust

Feb 8, 2009
Hello everyone,
I applied for parents sponsorship on January. I was wondering if any of you received an email stating that IRCC received your application as soon as you submitted your application for sponsorship. I never received any email back in January when I applied. Now I am doubting myself whether I even completed the "interest for sponsorship" application.
On the other hand I haven't received any emails yet to notify whether my application is selected or not. I just need to know if there are other people in this forum that had the same experience.
Too late to wait for selection. Already done. I remember i received an email in january when i sent the interest application with a number.