Pre-arrival letter received Aug 02
Ecase Status changed to "decision made" -Aug 16
August 16 -Passport request
Passport sent to LVO _aug 17.

Reactions: YULIA-2016

aajassani

Star Member
May 2, 2016
We have not yet been told which Visa Office we got, My parents were here in Canada when I sent in the application and now they are back in the UK, I have updated the address but we haven't yet been allocated a VO
Have you received Sponsorship Approval letter ? typically they communicate VO in that letter.

Harman96

Mar 24, 2013
Hi Yiulia,
Please update my status

Line 31
Pre-arrival letter received Aug 02
Ecase Status changed to "decision made" -Aug 16
August 16 -Passport request
Passport sent to LVO _aug 17.
Congrats
How many days after medical you received the passport request?

Sarah86

Aug 7, 2018
Got a call yesterday from IRCC and asked me to re-send the Background / Declaration and have it signed by HAND .
This might be helpful for other applicants : DO NOT just type the name in the signature section , you need to print off and get it signed ( the line above the section clearly says that by typing the full name I am electronically signing the application though )

Reactions: missingmymom

Eagle_Eye2

Oct 7, 2013
I have a doubt, checklist doesn't mention anything about PCC, so is PCC of Parents needed from there home country?

thanks for all the help and apologies if this was discussed before, couldn't find my answer so just posting it here.

EDit : I will be submitting the package next month, got invited in second round

razerblade

VIP Member
Feb 21, 2014
I have a doubt, checklist doesn't mention anything about PCC, so is PCC of Parents needed from there home country?

thanks for all the help and apologies if this was discussed before, couldn't find my answer so just posting it here.

EDit : I will be submitting the package next month, got invited in second round
PCC will be requested later along with medicals by the LVO, after you get sponsorship approval.

haffi47

May 22, 2018
Hi everyone
My application was received on May 17 but I did not hear anything back from CIC yet
Today I was finally able to talk to CIC call center and they gave me a temporary file number which starts with XF000...
I thought it should start with F000 without X at the beginning.
Anyone knows if XF... file number means anything?
Hi,
May I know which number you are calling and what option to choose because I can’t reach any option to talk to someone on this number 1 888 242 2100. The option status of application doesn’t have any option for sponsoring neither any other option suits our situation so please help. Thanks

jhoongo

Star Member
Nov 8, 2016
how do you link paper application to online to see status? please help... :(
Please try with different set of information. For me, I kept failing when I entered the passport information of my mother.
However, when I tried with the place of birth that you entered in the application, it went through.

For number of people in the application question, it was 2 for me since I am the sponsor and my mom is the only applicant for the application.
But, you can try with different combination, and increase the number from # of total applicants (your parents, and their dependant) to + yourself.

Hope this helps

Reactions: momazi

jhoongo

Star Member
Nov 8, 2016
Hi all,

Just out of curiosity, for principal applicant, I remember that I stated my mom's final education, but I did not add any certificate on her final education.
Is this mandatory that we need to include the certificate?

Thanks,

mdavis

Aug 2, 2018
Hi everyone, wondering if anyone have any ideas on this. I am sponsoring my parents, and they got asked for medical & additional document at the same time (2 weeks after getting pre-arrival e-mail).

They asked who my guardian was while under 18 years old, for school record document proof of guardian in Canada, and if I was adopted.

I came as refugee, and wasn't adopted..throught they would have this on record.
Secondly, since I did elementary and highschool 20 years ago, I do not have report card or any letters which would have had the guardian info and I contacted the school board, and they said they don't keep report cards over 5 years, and that transcript/Ontario Student Record (OSR) don't have guardian info.

So what else can I do since I have no "document proof" of who my guardian was ..20 years ago. Please advise. Thank you!

rash04

Feb 13, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi,

I uploaded my all docs almost three weeks ago and since then my status is "Reviewing documents" .
Is it normal and how long does it takes to move to background checks.

thanks,
Rash