+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parents and Grandparents Sponsorship 2018

The Old Mate

Star Member
Apr 3, 2017
reason I asked is, my friend's citizenship application was returned because his dob certificate was bilingual and he didn't get it translated. All confused now
Mine was bilingual too but it’s worked. Nor am adding a bilingual death certificate. So a

ruchi6464

Star Member
Aug 10, 2018
Toronto
Category........
Hello Guys,

My Wife's Expression of Interest for Parents & Grand Parent Sponsorship got selected & She is going to be Sponsor for her Parents .

We both have stayed in Canada from 2012 end Jointly applied for PR in 2014 & got PR in June 2015 . She was on open Work Permit from 2012.

Now Here is the Dilemma

In the five years preceding your application, did you become a permanent resident after being sponsored as spouse'

So did our Joint Application for PR , is considered as i Sponsored her( My Spouse) to become PR ?

Is she is eligible to apply ?

Any input is appreciated !!!

Thanks
I called CIC they said you can sponsor your parents. This is a common form for sponsoring spouse.So if you are sponsoring spouse then you can't. but for parents you can absoultely. Same is my case.

ruchi6464

Star Member
Aug 10, 2018
Toronto
Category........
I tried to join this. Could not. Is this on phone or web based?
this is on phone but you need to click on this link on your computer.once the whatsapp page opens in browser open your whatsapp application,go to settings and option whatsapp web app. scan the barcode and you will be in.

ruchi6464

Star Member
Aug 10, 2018
Toronto
Category........
April 30 - Application received
June 20- They sent me a letter but I didn't receive it because they sent it to the wrong email
July 10 - I got the letter asking to re do the IMM 0008
July 16 - the form was delivered to Ottawa
July 23 - I got a letter saying my application was accepted to 2018 PGP intake
July 25 - Finally I was able to link my application and it says your application is in progree

No other email or message so far ..

I have a question my parents stayed here in Canada for 2 years are they are going home next month do you think I will need police certificate from Canada aside from our home country?

Thank you!
Why did they ask you to send IMM0008 again? Was any information missing or any other reason?

abcjatt

Star Member
Jun 26, 2015
Hi Guys,

I got the Medical request, PCC and travel history form request. But, for submission there are only two boxes named "Client information"?

What is the right procedure to submit Medical form, PCC and travel form ?

Thanks,

bandit

Sep 28, 2011
I submitted sponsorship application for my parents on May 8, 2018. The application status has been "Application received" since then. Based on the spreadsheet applications submitted after that day have changed to "In Progress"/ "Decision Made" but nothing has changed for me. Any ideas what could be wrong. Also I have not received any communication from CIC.

ali_2018

Jul 6, 2018
I submitted sponsorship application for my parents on May 8, 2018. The application status has been "Application received" since then. Based on the spreadsheet applications submitted after that day have changed to "In Progress"/ "Decision Made" but nothing has changed for me. Any ideas what could be wrong. Also I have not received any communication from CIC.
Your application must have been under review and after review CIC will made a decision and unfortunately you have to be patient in this regards.. Usually it takes upto one or two month to have an AOR(Acknowledgement of Receipt) and SA(Sponsorship Approval) :)

Reactions: bandit