+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parents and Grandparents Sponsorship 2018

ali_2018

Jul 6, 2018
Hello

Can anyone help with or direct me to the resource/link..

I want to apply PR for my mother now. If I am starting process now, when can I apply? What is the procedure to apply..
Hey there,

Please read this guide and you will get an overall idea what you need initially

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/application-forms-guides/guide-5772-application-sponsor-parents-grandparents.html

But the basic steps are
  1. First of all check your eligibility - you need 3 years taxation which should meet the LICO table(refer to guide)
  2. If you meet the LICO then in January 2019 Lottery form will be opened for a month and you can submit your interest
Hope this guide helps - and there are a lot of posts in this thread you can follow and seek help.

gskn4u

Star Member
Nov 10, 2012
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-04-2014
AOR Received.
25-04-2014
IELTS Request
submitted with application
Hey there,

Please read this guide and you will get an overall idea what you need initially

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/application-forms-guides/guide-5772-application-sponsor-parents-grandparents.html

But the basic steps are
  1. First of all check your eligibility - you need 3 years taxation which should meet the LICO table(refer to guide)
  2. If you meet the LICO then in January 2019 Lottery form will be opened for a month and you can submit your interest
Hope this guide helps - and there are a lot of posts in this thread you can follow and seek help.
Thank you. I will check the guide.

Me and my wife total income is 150k yearly and with 2 kids here.

ali_2018

Jul 6, 2018
Thank you. I will check the guide.

Me and my wife total income is 150k yearly and with 2 kids here.
Looks like you should be fine to compare the LICO table

Do you have three years income tax as well - means if you submit interest form in next year 2019 then you should have income tax for 2016,2017 & 2018 :)

BJbirdie

Mar 10, 2017
Can anyone confirm how the family unit for Parents and Grandparents is counted?

Do I count my son as the sponsor as 1 person, plus his father, plus me his mother as size of family unit as 3? Or do you just count the number of people to be sponsored father and mother as a family unit of 2?

Thanks in advance for any help to clarify.

gskn4u

Star Member
Nov 10, 2012
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-04-2014
AOR Received.
25-04-2014
IELTS Request
submitted with application
Looks like you should be fine to compare the LICO table

Do you have three years income tax as well - means if you submit interest form in next year 2019 then you should have income tax for 2016,2017 & 2018 :)
Yes. I got PR in 2015 and I am paying taxes since 2012.

JUST CHILL

Star Member
May 24, 2009
Hello Guys ,
I am filling form 5768 financial evaluation for parents and grandparents sponsorship. In question 12 , should I write down the details of my 2 kids whom I have already counted above for total family size or leave that empty. Coz with 2 parents my total family size is 6 . And also in question 11 should we write Not applicable as she is co- signing the undertaking.

kemeshia

Star Member
Feb 11, 2009
canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Doc's Request.
Nomination.....
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
Med's Request
Med's Done....
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........

Do I count my son as the sponsor as 1 person, plus his father, plus me his mother as size of family unit as 3? Or do you just count the number of people to be sponsored father and mother as a family unit of 2?

Family size is 3 if no cosigner and no children for your son.

ali_2018

Jul 6, 2018

Hey it's pretty simple though - but I'll try to explain and m hoping it'll make sense.. I'll start from Question#2

Q2 - already filled with 1

Q3 - A) Once you filled the form IMM008 - and for example, this form you will fill for your parents(Father & Mother) and they don't have any dependent child..... Then over here will be 2 and if just one of them then will be just 1
In Part B)- If you have previously signed any undertakings as a sponsor and it still in processing phase then you need to provide the number that how many?

Q4 - If your spouse have previously signed any undertakings as a sponsor and it still in processing phase then you need to provide the number that how many?

Q5 - If you have a spouse then you need to enter here 1

Q6 - If you have kids then you need to enter here how many

Hope this helps!! Good luck!

Celestina131

Mar 28, 2018
Hi guys, my application was delivered to ottawa by canada post on 23rd of may and I have not received my AOR yet. I called CIC and the agent was able to lookup my application using my receipt no, date of birth and family name. She was able to confirm that my application was in their system also gave me my application number. She assured me to wait a few weeks to receive it officially because , i won’t be able to lookup the application until I receive an official AOR.
If you haven’t received your AOR yet , don’t panic...i think we will all get it soon.
Good luck everyone

ali_2018

Jul 6, 2018
Hi guys, my application was delivered to ottawa by canada post on 23rd of may and I have not received my AOR yet. I called CIC and the agent was able to lookup my application using my receipt no, date of birth and family name. She was able to confirm that my application was in their system also gave me my application number. She assured me to wait a few weeks to receive it officially because , i won’t be able to lookup the application until I receive an official AOR.
If you haven’t received your AOR yet , don’t panic...i think we will all get it soon.
Good luck everyone
Cool - thanks for sharing your experience :)

Reactions: Celestina131

hp5gnr

Oct 27, 2015
Hey Guys,

I got selected in the recent draw for parents PR.

I'm filling out the application forms but I have few questions... please help me...!!!!

Note: I'm sponsoring my mom and dad both...... I'm married and there is no co-signer....

1. IMM 1344
a. Person you are sponsoring (principal applicant)... Here I should put my dad's name only?? If so, do I need to fill out second form for my mom?
b. Sponsor person details.... Here it will be my details..correct me if I'm wrong...

2. IMM 0008
a. This should be filled with my dad and mom's details?
b. Do I need to fill out IMM 0008dep?

3. IMM 5768 ..... For this please correct me if I'm wrong...
a. In Question 3 -> A -> I have to mention "2" based on my IMM 0008
a. Here in Question 3 -> B -> i -> I have to put "1" ? (I have sponsored my wife 2 years ago and she is PR now...!!!)

Thanks a lot in advance....!!!

Last edited: