+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parents and Grandparents Sponsorship 2018

joeling2

Star Member
Jul 27, 2018
Update on linking to MyCIC account.

If you are having trouble linking your PGP 2018 applications to MyCIC account, here are some information that may help. Before even trying to link your application, make sure that you have filled out IMM5476 - Use of a Representative form. Otherwise, you will not be able to do.

1) If you choose "Application number and family name" option, last name is your principle applicant's last name (i.e your father or mother's last name).
CIC takes last name from the passport you provided (exactly as shown on your parents' passport). For my case, they took my mom "entire" name as her last name. So, please use last name exactly as appears on your principle applicant's passport. Otherwise, it will not work.
2) Numbers of family members turned out to be 3 for me (parents (2) + me (1)), and my wife and kid did not count.

MyCIC account now shows that they are processing my application. Yulia - you may want to update my record.

Cheers,
Curious205
can you please clarify for me. Do I link application to me (sponsor) account or my mum's account?

curious205

Mar 20, 2018
can you please clarify for me. Do I link application to me (sponsor) account or my mum's account?
You can link to either one. But, if you did not fill out “Use of a Representative” form to appoint yourself as representative, then you can only link your PGP2018 application to your your mum’s account.

sabret00the

Star Member
Jun 25, 2014
Calgary
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
CPC: Sydney, Nova Scotia
NOC Code......
Not relevant
App. Filed.......
12-Sep-2014
Doc's Request.
N/A
Nomination.....
25-Nov-2014
AOR Received.
06-Jul-2015
IELTS Request
No
File Transfer...
N/A
Med's Request
31-Aug-2015
Med's Done....
23-Jan-2015 (TRV Meds have not yet expired)
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
21-Sep-2015
VISA ISSUED...
16-Sep-2015
LANDED..........
Dec 2015
My parents are not in Canada. It might take a long time for the package to reach me if they courier the printed copies from abroad. Is possible for them to email the scanned copies of the signed docs to me and then I can print and courier it to IRCC. Will that work or do I need to send them the signed original forms.

Date

Application: xxxxxx

Dear Name, This refers to your application for sponsorship of Parents and Grandparents PGP 2018; a review indicates that it does not meet the requirements for processing as the application is incomplete.

The 21st set of Ministerial Instructions that were issued on January 1st, 2017 contain specific directions on the acceptance of new parents and grandparents applications (PGP). The Ministerial Instructions are issued pursuant to section 87.3 of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act (IRPA).

The instructions require that in order to be included under the cap, applications must be complete according to the application kit requirements in place at the time the application is received at the Case Processing Centre in Mississauga. In addition, the application must be reviewed for completeness pursuant to Regulation 10 and 11 of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Regulations (IRPR).

Moreover, Regulation 12 of IRPA states: “If the requirements of sections 10 and 11 are not met, the application and all documents submitted in support of the application shall be returned to the applicant.”

Your application does not meet the requirements for processing as the following item is missing or incomplete:

A current, completed and signed Schedule A (IMM 5669). This form should be completed by the Principal Applicant and all dependents aged 18 and over, whether accompanying or not.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/pdf/kits/forms/eIMM5669E.pdf

Note: There is a new version of the form IMM 5669 Schedule A- Background/Declaration available on IRCC’s website that is meant to be completed electronically, validated and printed. Please ensure that you sign the form by hand once it has been printed.

Please refer to the IRCC Website for more information: Immigration, Refugees Immigration, Réfugiés and Citizenship Canada et Citoyenneté Canada

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/guides/5772ETOC.asp

You have 30 calendar days from the date of this letter to submit the documentation required. When you submit your documentation, please ensure that this letter is included in the package. If your application meets the requirements for processing, it will then enter the processing queue based on the receiving date that it was determined to be complete.

Please send the requested documentation to:

Application Intake – PGP 2018

CTD-M-PGP

C.P. 8020, Station T

Ottawa, ON

K1G 3H6

Failing to respond to this request within this timeframe will result in your application being returned to you as unprocessed. This means that your application will not be accepted into the PGP cap for 2018. You will not be issued another invitation to apply and you will have to resubmit an Interest to Sponsor when PGP re-opens in 2019.

Sincerely,

Application Intake – PGP 2018

moike

May 22, 2018
My signed scheduled/background paper is on the way and should be here thursday, then I send it to ottawa. Hopefully its just the hand signature, because I can’t see anything else wrong with the first one i sent

jazz_swty

Star Member
Nov 11, 2013
can anyone please help to pass the information how to link application.
I am linking application to primary applicant CIC account but unsuccessful 2-3 times.

I choose following -
Category: Permanent Residence
Sub category - Family class (parents and grandparents)
and tried using family name and DOB, also tried family name and application number

I don't understand why its not pulling the right information however I can see information using CIC online tool.
Any advise ?

Also what should family number included in the application count : sponsoring 3 member i.e. Father, mother, sister (12 yrs) and sponsors family count : 3 (Me, Spouse and 1 kid).

Thank you!

homi2285

Oct 28, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo / Ottawa office
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-07-2011
File Transfer...
06-09-2011
Med's Done....
before sending the application in July 2011
Passport Req..
21-12-2012
Hi all,
is there anyone still waiting for Acknowledge of receipt since sending the application? Mine was received by mail on May 15th at Ottawa office and still didn't hear back anything . I believe they are already doing second round of selecting since my friend received invitation letter to apply today for her parents. I couldn't link the paperwork online. I called CIC and they saw my parents' application but it's still in temporary state..

Just wondering if anyone is still waiting.
thanks.

iengineer86

Star Member
Feb 20, 2016
Hello Everyone,

First I got the online status of my application as "Application Recevied" and now within a week I also received the email from CIC and it says "Your application has been accepted under the intake cap for 2018." so this means I'm approved as Sponsor or they just received the application.

Thanks,

razerblade

VIP Member
Feb 21, 2014
Hello Everyone,

First I got the online status of my application as "Application Recevied" and now within a week I also received the email from CIC and it says "Your application has been accepted under the intake cap for 2018." so this means I'm approved as Sponsor or they just received the application.

Thanks,
It's just AOR. Not approved as sponsor just yet. Your ECAS status should be "application received". Once it changes to "decision made", then it means you're approved as a sponsor. Same situation with me.

Reactions: iengineer86

abcjatt

Star Member
Jun 26, 2015
Hi,

Do anybody know much time does it take to receive the Medical request for New Delhi visa office once the file is forwarded to it.

Thanks,