+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parents and Grandparents Sponsorship 2018

razerblade

VIP Member
Feb 21, 2014
I see , I have to ask her on the content of the letter.

Does your AOR said that your application will be part of the PGP Intake for 2018?
Yes, my AOR letter said that my application has been accepted.

However, processing only begins once status on ECAS changes to "In Process".

For reference, from ECAS:
Status of your application

IN
PROCESS

(A decision has not been made yet.)

Application Received by Citizenship and Immigration Canada (CIC)
We have received your application and will review it in order of receipt. We will send you an acknowledgement letter.

Documentation Verified by CIC
We are reviewing your application to make sure it is complete and that no documents are missing. We will return incomplete applications for resubmission.

WITHDRAWN

(Applications can only be withdrawn when your application is IN PROCESS.)

Application Withdrawn
You may only withdraw your application before the Immigrant Visa has been issued. There are no refunds after processing has started.

DECISION
MADE

(A decision has been made at this point.)

Sponsorship and Eligibility Status Determined
We have made a decision on your sponsorship application. We will inform you in writing of the decision.

Application Forwarded to Visa Office
We have forwarded your application to the Visa Office for final processing. Quebec residents please see the relevant diagram.

Sponsor Advised of Decision Made
We will inform you in writing of the decision made on your sponsorship application. We will send you a Permanent Resident Kit that you will need to forward to the family class relative you are sponsoring.

Reactions: AnNingCanada

badar14

Champion Member
May 5, 2012
Vancouver
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
02-05-2010
LANDED..........
06-Aug-2013
Just a question. As a sponsor you got email with file number...... Do principal applicant (parents) has got any email ?
correct. Principal applicant got nothing only sponsor got email.

Thanks
S.B

dhami44

Jul 24, 2018
Ok great.
Did you tried to create a CIC account of Principal application and tried to link the application using filenumber and passport details?

I've tried it , but its unable to find file. Any ideas?

malus

Jun 25, 2018
No, they don't need a PCC from Canada, read the request letter carefully, it will say the PCC is from which country explicitly.
on the page before uploading option, there is a request letter button, click it to open the letter,
it will say which country’s PCC in the letter, ( my LVO=Ottawa)
Thanks Anningcanada. The request letter turns out to be the same medical request for my mom. So they must make a mistake. I haven't got any SA email. or the request letter for which country PCC is required. I just assume they request my parents' original country.

YULIA-2016

Champion Member
Mar 4, 2015
Visa Office......
Warsaw
App. Filed.......
Jan.2016
AOR Received.
June 2016
File Transfer...
Jan.2017
Med's Request
First June 06-2017 from Warsaw ; Second 26 July 2018 from London
Med's Done....
Sep 27 2018
Passport Req..
DM Sep 29 2018, PPR Oct 01 2018
VISA ISSUED...
Oct 10 2018

gst8486

Champion Member
Nov 5, 2011
Ok great.
Did you tried to create a CIC account of Principal application and tried to link the application using filenumber and passport details?

I've tried it , but its unable to find file. Any ideas?
Try putting family size number as sponsor family excluding baby/ kid and then add principal applicant and dependent. It should work for you.

Good Luck!

YULIA-2016

Champion Member
Mar 4, 2015
Visa Office......
Warsaw
App. Filed.......
Jan.2016
AOR Received.
June 2016
File Transfer...
Jan.2017
Med's Request
First June 06-2017 from Warsaw ; Second 26 July 2018 from London
Med's Done....
Sep 27 2018
Passport Req..
DM Sep 29 2018, PPR Oct 01 2018
VISA ISSUED...
Oct 10 2018

gst8486

Champion Member
Nov 5, 2011
All,

Every-time I try to login the MyCIC account, it makes me enter the username and password multiple times, after multiple LogIns it finally gets me to the application page

I am just wondering if I am the one who is doing something wrong or Is it just the way MyCIC website works?

razerblade

VIP Member
Feb 21, 2014
All,

Every-time I try to login the MyCIC account, it makes me enter the username and password multiple times, after multiple LogIns it finally gets me to the application page

I am just wondering if I am the one who is doing something wrong or Is it just the way MyCIC website works?
That's strange. It only prompts me once. After username/password, it redirects to terms and conditions, after which it asks a security question, then I'm in.

gst8486

Champion Member
Nov 5, 2011
That's strange. It only prompts me once. After username/password, it redirects to terms and conditions, after which it asks a security question, then I'm in.
Yeah, I have no clue why it does that, I even tried different web browsers, but its still the same!

em10

May 31, 2018
All,

The same for me, always I have to log in multiple times and when I get the security question is when I know Im IN

thebeast184

Champion Member
Feb 21, 2011
Calgary, AB
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
OCT 2010
Doc's Request.
Submitted with App
AOR Received.
FEB 2011
IELTS Request
Submitted w App
Med's Request
Aug 2012
Med's Done....
Sep 2012
Passport Req..
Oct 2012
VISA ISSUED...
NOV 2012
LANDED..........
JAN 2013
I think it is happening because I use the Incognito/ Private browsing options.
It happens to me and I discovered it works if I delete the browsing history

Reactions: gst8486

kone0801

May 26, 2018
Congratulations to everyone who successfully received AOR.
I phoned CIC and got an my application number. CIC agent mentioned there is a letter which determinated my eligibility sent to me lately, but the agent has no access to the letter from the system.
It made me nervous now as I didn't receive any email (I provided email on my application.) Is it anything wrong on my eligibility? I met the income requirement and I didn't acquire my PR through sponsorship.
I also checked ECAS, the status showing my application is received.
Is it normal that a paper letter sent to me? Will I also receive an email?
Thanks for answering the questions!