+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parents and Grandparents Sponsorship 2018

Rochelle.ca

Star Member
Jun 25, 2018
I have a question , I applied for my mom and my dad, I called CIC again and waitimg for them to send the email that I haven't received ( I just found out last Friday thay they sent me an email on JUne 20.

I was told I sent duplicate (2 forms of IMM 1344 amd IMM 0008), I prepared 2 forms for each , does it mean that I only need 1 form for each because of of them will be the principal and one is the depending ( that's what I think is the problem).

Help anyone?

Thank you very much.

innocentkool

Star Member
Oct 24, 2014
I have a question , I applied for my mom and my dad, I called CIC again and waitimg for them to send the email that I haven't received ( I just found out last Friday thay they sent me an email on JUne 20.

I was told I sent duplicate (2 forms of IMM 1344 amd IMM 0008), I prepared 2 forms for each , does it mean that I only need 1 form for each because of of them will be the principal and one is the depending ( that's what I think is the problem).

Help anyone?

Thank you very much.
Hello, When you are applying for parents , then one of them should be noted as Principal applicant and the other one as dependent on the same form. One form for each is not a valid submission. You will need to re do IMM0008 with principal applicant's info and dependent info whereas 1344 should include details of the Principal applicant and the Sponsor ie your details.

Reactions: YVR123

YVR123

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2017

Help anyone?

Thank you very much.
For your parents' application, one of them (your dad) should be the principal applicant and the other (e.g. your mom) would be the dependant.
You cannot submit 2 applications and have each other as dependants nor have 2 principle applicants.

Rochelle.ca

Star Member
Jun 25, 2018
For your parents' application, one of them (your dad) should be the principal applicant and the other (e.g. your mom) would be the dependant.
You cannot submit 2 applications and have each other as dependants nor have 2 principle applicants.
I think that's the problem, I used the web form to communicate with them and said please disregard the other for saying my mom is the principal applicant ( disregard the other form).

I also asked and begged them to extend my deadline just in case I need to submit other forms as I didn't receive the email they sent me on JUne 20..

As per them it will take about 5 days for them to respond.

I hope to get the email / mail soon to have peace of mind.

I also begged them not to consider it abandoned as I am here to correct whatever is wrong and missed the email for it was sent to a wrong email.

Rochelle.ca

Star Member
Jun 25, 2018
Hello, When you are applying for parents , then one of them should be noted as Principal applicant and the other one as dependent on the same form. One form for each is not a valid submission. You will need to re do IMM0008 with principal applicant's info and dependent info whereas 1344 should include details of the Principal applicant and the Sponsor ie your details.
Shall I wait for the email or just re print the forms and send it by mail to Mississauga or Ottawa?

Can it be done in the web form?

Rochelle.ca

Star Member
Jun 25, 2018
For those who are being asked to submit additional documents by mail may I know the address in your email from CIC where to sent it, I am planning to resend the documents to CIC tomorrow.

Please and thank you everyone

thenike

Jul 27, 2012
When searching on ecas, what do you usually use. I do not have any information about my application which was received on May 9th (I think).

RamGenius

Star Member
Jun 29, 2013
Hey guys , my PGP application got rejected due to ineligibility in the sponsor income.
But in the letter it is written that i would like to proceed my application due to ineligibility and they have transferred my application to new Delhi.
I have read in this forum that it will eventually got rejected , i just need to withdraw this application so that i will have a chance to reapply the PGP for next year.
Can you guys please let me know how to withdraw the application.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hey guys , my PGP application got rejected due to ineligibility in the sponsor income.
But in the letter it is written that i would like to proceed my application due to ineligibility and they have transferred my application to new Delhi.
I have read in this forum that it will eventually got rejected , i just need to withdraw this application so that i will have a chance to reapply the PGP for next year.
Can you guys please let me know how to withdraw the application.
There's no point proceeding with your application if you don't meet the income requirements. You shouldn't have submitted the application to begin with or even entered the lottery. Yes - withdraw your application.

RamGenius

Star Member
Jun 29, 2013
There's no point proceeding with your application if you don't meet the income requirements. You shouldn't have submitted the application to begin with or even entered the lottery. Yes - withdraw your application.
Hi scylla thanks for response but the thing is i don't know a way to withdraw the application.
Should i have to reach the New delhi visa office or i have to fill up some form.
Please let me know

Siraj2115

Jun 13, 2018
Hi everyone my ecas got updated on 8th july as app received already updated in SS thank you.
But when i try to link app to cic its says no application found. I enter UCI# my fathers passport info but stl nthg any body plz help me wid ths. Thnks

Reactions: YULIA-2016

ntolaba

May 15, 2016
Hi All,

quick question. I received the final letter to complete my mom application requesting her passport and pictures. We have been processing everything through the Canadian Embassy in Mexico (Mom from Argentina), however, she is currently visiting us in Canada and she plan to be here for the next 4 months. There was an option to send her information to the Ottawa office if you plan to be in Canada for the next 3 months, however, it was not clear if this option was for everyone or only residents of Canada. Anyone had any experience with this? How long after they requested your passport before you heard from them?

Vertig0

May 4, 2018
standart, if you didnt fill it out, do it ASAP
Why we have to fill out representative form ?
I didn't fill and I am not sure why I would need it ? to get information on my parents application? or any other reasons

I already have AOR and SA .. so if I want to do it now, who should I send it to now

robsmann

Star Member
May 21, 2012
Richmond, Virginia, United States of America
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2014
Doc's Request.
31-10-2014
IELTS Request
Sent with app
Med's Request
31-10-2014
Med's Done....
08-11-2014
Passport Req..
13-02-2015
VISA ISSUED...
27-02-2015
LANDED..........
18-04-2015
Hi,
You can send passport and photos to Ottawa .i did the same for my parents this Jan/Feb (2016 PGP). They were also visiting Canada. Congratulations! Just curious- are you 2018 PGP?
Hi All,

quick question. I received the final letter to complete my mom application requesting her passport and pictures. We have been processing everything through the Canadian Embassy in Mexico (Mom from Argentina), however, she is currently visiting us in Canada and she plan to be here for the next 4 months. There was an option to send her information to the Ottawa office if you plan to be in Canada for the next 3 months, however, it was not clear if this option was for everyone or only residents of Canada. Anyone had any experience with this? How long after they requested your passport before you heard from them?