+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parents and Grandparents Sponsorship 2018

gst8486

Champion Member
Nov 5, 2011
ECAS got updated today 'We received your application to sponsor on May 1, 2018'

However, haven't received AOR email yet.

For checking ECAS I used my UCI. Good Luck everyone!

Also, I was able to link the application on My CIC. For linking, I used my father's passport number and expiry dates. For the number of family members, I had put 4 i.e. Sponsor+Co-sponsor+Father+Mother
I didn't add my kid in it, and it worked, in the application the reported family member were 5, its weird, but it worked!

Last edited:
Reactions: iengineer86

iengineer86

Star Member
Feb 20, 2016
ECAS got updated today 'We received your application to sponsor on May 1, 2018'

However, haven't received AOR email yet.

For checking ECAS I used my UCI. Good Luck everyone!

Also, I was able to link the application on My CIC. For linking, I used my father's passport number and expiry dates. For the number of family members, I had put 4 i.e. Sponsor+Co-sponsor+Father+Mother
I didn't add my kid in it, and it worked, in the application the reported family member were 5, its weird, but it worked!
Good Luck dear

Reactions: gst8486

iengineer86

Star Member
Feb 20, 2016
Good Luck dear
Hi,
This is making me excited, just wanted to confirm few things:
I know my app was delivered on may 17th so seems like they are still picking apps from 1st week of may which explains why my status is not showing anything.
But just wanted to confirm:
I never included my UCI # in the app that I sent, so I can still check my status using my UCI or there is anything else available for the Canadian Citizen people.
Rest is very straight forward I believe, my last name, my dob and my country of birth.

Thanks,

badar14

Champion Member
May 5, 2012
Vancouver
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
02-05-2010
LANDED..........
06-Aug-2013
Hi

Got following yesterday evening around 6:30 PST for additional documents request . Wondering as I never put up lawyer / consultant. Should i send them a cancellation form now ? with explanation letter ?

This refers to your application for sponsorship of Parents and Grandparents PGP 2018; a review indicates that it does not meet the requirements for processing as the application is incomplete.
The 21st set of Ministerial Instructions that were issued on January 1st, 2017 contain specific directions on the acceptance of new parents and grandparents applications (PGP). The Ministerial Instructions are issued pursuant to section 87.3 of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act (IRPA).
The instructions require that in order to be included under the cap, applications must be complete according to the application kit requirements in place at the time the application is received at the Case Processing Centre in Mississauga. In addition, the application must be reviewed for completeness pursuant to Regulation 10 and 11 of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Regulations (IRPR).
Moreover, Regulation 12 of IRPA states: “If the requirements of sections 10 and 11 are not met, the application and all documents submitted in support of the application shall be returned to the applicant.”
Your application does not meet the requirements for processing as the following item is missing or incomplete:
A completed and signed Use of a Representative form (IMM 5476) as your application appears to be making use of an immigration consultant or lawyer.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/pdf/kits/forms/IMM5476E.pdf
Please refer to the IRCC Website for more information:
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/guides/5772ETOC.asp

You have 30 calendar days from the date of this letter to submit the documentation required. When you submit your documentation, please ensure that this letter is included in the package. If your application meets the requirements for processing, it will then enter the processing queue based on the receiving date that it was determined to be complete.

Please send the requested documentation to:
Application Intake – PGP 2018
CTD-M-PGP
C.P. 8020, Station T
Ottawa, ON
K1G 3H6
Failing to respond to this request within this timeframe will result in your application being returned to you as unprocessed. This means that your application will not be accepted into the PGP cap for 2018. You will not be issued another invitation to apply and you will have to resubmit an Interest to Sponsor when PGP re-opens in 2019.
Sincerely,

Thanks
S.B

gst8486

Champion Member
Nov 5, 2011
Hi,
This is making me excited, just wanted to confirm few things:
I know my app was delivered on may 17th so seems like they are still picking apps from 1st week of may which explains why my status is not showing anything.
But just wanted to confirm:
I never included my UCI # in the app that I sent, so I can still check my status using my UCI or there is anything else available for the Canadian Citizen people.
Rest is very straight forward I believe, my last name, my dob and my country of birth.

Thanks,
Hey iengineer, I am sure you will still be able to check the ECAS status with your UCI# @ https://services3.cic.gc.ca/ecas/security.do

IRCC will link your application to your UCI to ensure that the file is easily traceable.

Also, I will recommend you to go through following link to understand how you can link your application with MyCIC account

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/account/link-paper-online.html

You should get your AOR before July 17. Good luck!

Reactions: iengineer86

gst8486

Champion Member
Nov 5, 2011
Hi

Got following yesterday evening around 6:30 PST for additional documents request . Wondering as I never put up lawyer / consultant. Should i send them a cancellation form now ? with explanation letter ?

This refers to your application for sponsorship of Parents and Grandparents PGP 2018; a review indicates that it does not meet the requirements for processing as the application is incomplete.
The 21st set of Ministerial Instructions that were issued on January 1st, 2017 contain specific directions on the acceptance of new parents and grandparents applications (PGP). The Ministerial Instructions are issued pursuant to section 87.3 of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act (IRPA).
The instructions require that in order to be included under the cap, applications must be complete according to the application kit requirements in place at the time the application is received at the Case Processing Centre in Mississauga. In addition, the application must be reviewed for completeness pursuant to Regulation 10 and 11 of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Regulations (IRPR).
Moreover, Regulation 12 of IRPA states: “If the requirements of sections 10 and 11 are not met, the application and all documents submitted in support of the application shall be returned to the applicant.”
Your application does not meet the requirements for processing as the following item is missing or incomplete:
A completed and signed Use of a Representative form (IMM 5476) as your application appears to be making use of an immigration consultant or lawyer.

You have 30 calendar days from the date of this letter to submit the documentation required. When you submit your documentation, please ensure that this letter is included in the package. If your application meets the requirements for processing, it will then enter the processing queue based on the receiving date that it was determined to be complete.

CTD-M-PGP
C.P. 8020, Station T
Ottawa, ON
K1G 3H6
Failing to respond to this request within this timeframe will result in your application being returned to you as unprocessed. This means that your application will not be accepted into the PGP cap for 2018. You will not be issued another invitation to apply and you will have to resubmit an Interest to Sponsor when PGP re-opens in 2019.
Sincerely,

Thanks
S.B
I don't think you have to send a any cancellation form. All you have to do is fill and send a Use of a Representative form (IMM 5476), if you haven't hired any lawyer or consultant, you should put yourself as a representative.

Also, send them an explanation letter and mention that right from the beginning you didn't hire any lawyer and consultant, you are interested in being a representative for your parents.

Do not forget to add the copy of IRCC letter you received.

That should help! Good luck.

zheka

Star Member
Jul 17, 2017
Hi

CTD-M-PGP
C.P. 8020, Station T
Ottawa, ON
K1G 3H6
Sincerely,

Thanks
S.B
Take a look here. They had the same problem because they put the sponsor's address instead of the sponsored address on some forms. Did you do the same? If so, just fill the form they request.

Reactions: gst8486

gst8486

Champion Member
Nov 5, 2011
Take a look here. They had the same problem because they put the sponsor's address instead of the sponsored address on some forms. Did you do the same? If so, just fill the form they request.
Good catch @zheka
If that's the case, I will recommend @badar14 to mention about putting his address in IMM0008enu, he can mention that his understanding was that he can put his address.

Last edited:
Reactions: badar14

Vertig0

May 4, 2018
UPDATE on Status

March 20th - Invitation email for PGP 2018
April 11th - Application mailed
April 13th - Application delivered
April 19th - AOR Email

June 6th - Request for additional document (Death Certificate)
June 7th - Faxed death certificate

June 28th - SA (Sponsorship Approved). Application forwarded to local office (London)

ECAS shows
Sponsorship Application Status - Decision Made (not updated in notes but got an email on June 28th)
Permanent Residence Application Status - In Process

Only NOA provided (no SIN)
Country of citizenship - Pakistan
Province - AB
Destination - Edmonton

Last edited:

gst8486

Champion Member
Nov 5, 2011
so everyone has to get police certificate, doesnt matter if you are 79 years old
how long is it valid for . .a my father will be travelling next month, I might ask him to get one before he leaves
Police clearence certificate (PCC) will be valid for 6 months, and IRCC will ask for it even if your Father is 79 years old. For information about the PCC check the below link
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/medical-police/police-certificates/how.html

Reactions: Vertig0

Vertig0

May 4, 2018
How does the communication work for Permanent Residence Application now (for my father)
Does it go to my father's email or home address?
Would I get any notification like request for Medical or PCC?

I was getting emails for AOR and SA

I am asking because he will be travelling for next 3 months and wont be home to get any communication

Thanks

gst8486

Champion Member
Nov 5, 2011
How does the communication work for Permanent Residence Application now (for my father)
Does it go to my father's email or home address?
Would I get any notification like request for Medical or PCC?

I was getting emails for AOR and SA

I am asking because he will be travelling for next 3 months and wont be home to get any communication

Thanks
Your best bet will be to monitor his My CIC account, its the best way to insure that no communication is missed. Did you link his application to his My CIC account?
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/account/link-paper-online.html

gst8486

Champion Member
Nov 5, 2011
PCC is good for 12 months?
My response was on the basis of the posts from other members of this forum, I didn't see any of them saying 12 months. Not saying that you are wrong, but could you please provide the source of your info, that might help in clearing the rumor (if any).