+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parents and Grandparents Sponsorship 2018

pjfen

Apr 5, 2018
Hi my application was received in Ottawa on 8th May. I am still unable to link my application and I have not received an AOR either. Have other people with similar similar submission dates heard from CIC ye?
Same for me, my application was received around the same time as yours (i only know this from tracking through the courier service) but i haven't received anything yet from Cic. I can't use the online tool either as it tells me: "We were not able to identify you using the information you provided". I'm getting worried!!

gst8486

Champion Member
Nov 5, 2011
Same for me, my application was received around the same time as yours (i only know this from tracking through the courier service) but i haven't received anything yet from Cic. I can't use the online tool either as it tells me: "We were not able to identify you using the information you provided". I'm getting worried!!
Based on the timeline for other applications, the Acknowledgement Of Receipt (AOR) is taking about 2 months after the receipt of application.

nathaly.cely

Jun 22, 2018
You can check the Google sheet file, that someone in this forum kindly has created. You can notice that none the applications received in May have received the AOR yet. You can compare the times from other applications with yours. Mine was received on May 9, still waiting for the AOR.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1B_YAyszLcUxbfe0ur7WPZRPJ0y2COpRJSt8Ce19yrhI/edit#gid=761650616

warman

Jun 27, 2018
Hi,

I know this is bit confusing but I'm hoping that contacting the right authorities will give you the correct answer.
But like everyone said they don't care about if you were on EI, sick, out of country or anything, all they care is if you meet the income criteria but yes this is still a confusion that do you have to satisfy the income criteria by the size of family that you had in that year say 2015-4 or you have to satisfy by the number of current family members.
What I heard from one of the immigration consultant is that they go back to 1 year so in this year if you are submitting your application say in Jun 2018 ( hope there is 2nd round) then I believe they will take in account the family size of Jun 2017 which is 5 for you.
So what I can say is that its not 4 nor 6 its 5.
But again its my limited knowledge.
I would hope that they should consider the size of family what you had at that time 4 for 2015 and 5 for 16,17 and 6 for 18 and so on.

Good Luck.
hi I did call Cic today 3 times talk to 3 different people all of them gave me same information. that I call use
2015, 4people
2016, 5 poeple
2017, I have to use 6 people as my mum is included now so I guess it will work out for us . application was received on may4th .
Thank you for your information.

Reactions: iengineer86

iengineer86

Star Member
Feb 20, 2016
hi I did call Cic today 3 times talk to 3 different people all of them gave me same information. that I call use
2015, 4people
2016, 5 poeple
2017, I have to use 6 people as my mum is included now so I guess it will work out for us . application was received on may4th .
Awesome, great for confirming back and good luck to all of us here.

iengineer86

Star Member
Feb 20, 2016
Just checked ECAS. It shows my application received on May 2nd, but no AOR yet. I hope everyone gets good news soon!
thanks for sharing that give me some hope myin app was delivered to Ottawa on May 17th, so hopefully I will also see an update in my ECAS status.

Reactions: gst8486

Mahg

Apr 11, 2018
I had the weirdest thing happen on my ECAS that I didnt expect to happen. My oath is on the 3rd july.

I was also invited to apply for my parents sponsorship application which I applied last month Mid May.

I have a new section altogether on my ecas above the Citizenship Application(s) that say's

Permanent Residence Application(s)
With my name as the applicant and says application received. When clicked upon it says:

Permanent Residence

1. We received your application for permanent residence on May 17, 2018.
I suspect its for the parents application that I applied but it is just weird that it says my name as the applicant. Any have any experience with this?
The same thing happened to me....I got so stressed I called them and the agent said everything is ok. He checked and said your applicatin is complete, you have to wait for AOR

babi1468

Feb 20, 2018
2015, 4people
2016, 5 poeple
This doesn't look realistic based on analysis so far but if your application passes Sponsorhsip APproval stage let us know,

YULIA-2016

Champion Member
Mar 4, 2015
Visa Office......
Warsaw
App. Filed.......
Jan.2016
AOR Received.
June 2016
File Transfer...
Jan.2017
Med's Request
First June 06-2017 from Warsaw ; Second 26 July 2018 from London
Med's Done....
Sep 27 2018
Passport Req..
DM Sep 29 2018, PPR Oct 01 2018
VISA ISSUED...
Oct 10 2018

purpuriuttam

Jun 29, 2018
Is there anyone in this forum whose LVO set to Singapore? How's the timeline look like for PGP applications in Singapore compare to other LVO?

rash04

Feb 13, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
my status is DM though I haven't received any SA, anyone in same boat?