+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parents and Grandparents Sponsorship 2018

Agharr1

Star Member
May 17, 2015
Hi, why they sent you by mail? did you give your email as the default communication channel?
I really don’t know even agent verified email and I ask them since I choose to have communication via email why it was sent via mail, agent advised it’s at immigeration officer’s discreation.

nathaly.cely

Jun 22, 2018
Mine was received on 8th May as well. Still no AOR or Ecas update. Does anybody have similar timeline? Just wondering what is their policy if they loose any application package.
My application was received in Ottawa on May 9th. But I have not received any email or mail yet. As I have not received the AOR yet, so I can't check the Ecas. Hopefully this or next week, we will receive communication from them.

zt2018

Apr 6, 2018
I really don’t know even agent verified email and I ask them since I choose to have communication via email why it was sent via mail, agent advised it’s at immigeration officer’s discreation.
When I read that they mailed the letter to you I had the same question, however when I looked at the tracker, I saw that they asked you to provide a proof of address. I think they mailed it because of that.

gst8486

Champion Member
Nov 5, 2011
This is crazy on IRCC's part, I hope that for the future communication the immigration officer gives up the old-school mail and starts sending you communication via email. Good luck!

gst8486

Champion Member
Nov 5, 2011
My application was received in Ottawa on May 9th. But I have not received any email or mail yet. As I have not received the AOR yet, so I can't check the Ecas. Hopefully this or next week, we will receive communication from them.
At this point, It seems that the AOR was received only for applications received till April 25. Looking at the current pace, on an average it might take about 2 months for the sponsor to receive the AOR. Lets hope IRCC picks up some speed.

malus

Jun 25, 2018
My sponsorship status was changed to "Decision Made" on June 18 from on-line service, but I haven't received any email yet. How long should I wait? Can anyone here tell me how long you waited to receive the email after you saw DM from on-line service?

AnNingCanada

Jun 5, 2018
My sponsorship status was changed to "Decision Made" on June 18 from on-line service, but I haven't received any email yet. How long should I wait? Can anyone here tell me how long you waited to receive the email after you saw DM from on-line service?
mine is June 8, then June 12 night got email. I know some people never got email

Agharr1

Star Member
May 17, 2015
When I read that they mailed the letter to you I had the same question, however when I looked at the tracker, I saw that they asked you to provide a proof of address. I think they mailed it because of that.
Hi @zt2018

I assume that could be the reason for immigration officer to send mail instead of an email. But I’m glad at least file is moving towards PR.

fair_canadian

Jun 26, 2018
I received my AOR on 19th of April 2018. My application was received on 3rd of April 2018. My application status changed to started processing from 28th of May 2018. I have very good income in last three years and submitted all my tax assessment report. Still my sponsor status is in process whereas the people who submitted the application after first week of April, they are getting their sponsorship approved. It seems to me even after winning the lottery, I am in second round of lottery to pick my application to be assessed and approved. Things are looking bit odd to me. I am hoping the CIC will pick the applications to be processed in the order they have received, as promised. Thanks and best of luck to everybody.

sallyhuier

May 4, 2018
T
I faxed death certificate , 2 business days later, the sponsorship changed to decision made, and another 2 business days later, got email notice of SA.
I don’t know current processing time , mine was faxed on June 6th. Don’t worry, you will get DM soon.
Check https://services3.cic.gc.ca/ecas/security.do using your own UCI. And join
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1B_YAyszLcUxbfe0ur7WPZRPJ0y2COpRJSt8Ce19yrhI/edit#gid=761650616
my online status
On-Line Services
Sponsorship
1. We received your application to sponsor XXX on April 9, 2018.

2. We started processing your application on May 29, 2018.

3. We sent you correspondence on May 29, 2018. If you have not yet provided the information or the requested documents, please do so as soon as possible. Please wait until you receive the correspondence before sending us additional information, as the correspondence will outline all information that is required.

4. We sent you correspondence on June 13, 2018 about the decision on your application.

online tool has more information, linked account updated very late for me.
Thanks AnNing! I faxed mine around two weeks ago but still no response yet. Hopefully I'll get the email of SA soon as well :)
I tried to add mine into the doc, but seems I don't have the authority to modify the file.