+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parents and Grandparents Sponsorship 2018

Siraj2115

Jun 13, 2018
Hi my application was received in Ottawa on 8th May. I am still unable to link my application and I have not received an AOR either. Have other people with similar similar submission dates heard from CIC ye?
My app was received on 8th may but nthng yet. Hope end of ths week or nxt week

sallyhuier

May 4, 2018
g
You are able to check if cic received your document via your linked cic account. It will show a few days after you fax your document telling you they received required documents. It's not necessary to mail the original.
great thanks Christina. I guess then I'll need to figure out linking my account to cic. I have tried more than 10 times, but it never worked.....

sallyhuier

May 4, 2018
sorry, have to ask a follow up question. I'm still stuck in the link my paper file to CIC account. For all of the questions, like UCI & Family name. Does it ask my information or my parent's information? I suppose it asked my information since my parent doesn't have a UCI number at all. But when it comes to ask "where do the applicant intent to live in", it sounds like it's asking my parent's information. I got so confused and frustrated with 15 times tried already up to now..... thanks.

rash04

Feb 13, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi Admin(s) please update.

Just checked Ecas - sponsor’s decision made I think it happened yesterday but no email yet. Even when I check mycic account it showed application status updated but no message in the inbox.

I hope it’s a positive decision made to sponsor parents.

Thank you,
I am in same boat , I am seeing it as decision made and when I clicked on the link I am still seeing
"
  1. We started processing your application on June 7, 2018.
"

I don't see any updates in mycic account either .

Agharr1

Star Member
May 17, 2015
I am in same boat , I am seeing it as decision made and when I clicked on the link I am still seeing
"
  1. We started processing your application on June 7, 2018.
"

I don't see any updates in mycic account either .
@rash04 hi,

I did call cic to find out what was the decision made, I was advised by the agent my eligibility met the criteria to sponsor and now file will be transferred to local visa office.

Apparently sponsorship approval letter was sent to me on 22 June via mail, agent advised to wait till I get this letter, letter contains more details.

Hi @YULIA-2016 can you please update the tracker.

Thank you and best of luck to all the sponsors who are still waiting for their AOR and eligibility approval to sponsor.

guelphapplicant123

May 2, 2018
@rash04 hi,

I did call cic to find out what was the decision made, I was advised by the agent my eligibility met the criteria to sponsor and now file will be transferred to local visa office.

Apparently sponsorship approval letter was sent to me on 22 June via mail, agent advised to wait till I get this letter, letter contains more details.

Thank you and best of luck to all the sponsors who are still waiting for their AOR and eligibility approval to sponsor.
Hi, why they sent you by mail? did you give your email as the default communication channel?

rash04

Feb 13, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
@rash04 hi,

thanks for an update , i will check with cic too.

AnNingCanada

Jun 5, 2018
I'm asking this again....Anyone who didn't provide SIN but provided the NOA got DM yet?
Hi Yulia,

Can we add a column indicating NOA or SIN provided to the 2018 Excel sheet since some members thought there was a shorter processing time for people providing SIN?

Thanks,
mine is SIN only.

Reactions: YULIA-2016

AnNingCanada

Jun 5, 2018
Guys, may I have a question. I got en email requested for additional document (my parent's divorce certification). I have faxed over to the visa office last week. Is there any way that I could check whether the visa officer has received my fax? Or what is the next step if they have received the fax? Should I mail over the original documents? Great thanks.
I faxed death certificate , 2 business days later, the sponsorship changed to decision made, and another 2 business days later, got email notice of SA.
I don’t know current processing time , mine was faxed on June 6th. Don’t worry, you will get DM soon.
Check https://services3.cic.gc.ca/ecas/security.do using your own UCI. And join
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1B_YAyszLcUxbfe0ur7WPZRPJ0y2COpRJSt8Ce19yrhI/edit#gid=761650616
my online status
On-Line Services
Sponsorship
1. We received your application to sponsor XXX on April 9, 2018.

2. We started processing your application on May 29, 2018.

3. We sent you correspondence on May 29, 2018. If you have not yet provided the information or the requested documents, please do so as soon as possible. Please wait until you receive the correspondence before sending us additional information, as the correspondence will outline all information that is required.

4. We sent you correspondence on June 13, 2018 about the decision on your application.

online tool has more information, linked account updated very late for me.

faisal124

Star Member
Mar 21, 2010
My app was received on 8th may but nthng yet. Hope end of ths week or nxt week
Mine was received on 8th May as well. Still no AOR or Ecas update. Does anybody have similar timeline? Just wondering what is their policy if they loose any application package.

mason54321

Star Member
Jun 17, 2014
YYC
Visa Office......
Misa---
g

great thanks Christina. I guess then I'll need to figure out linking my account to cic. I have tried more than 10 times, but it never worked.....
Try sponsored applicant's UCI and passport info, try 3 persons or any other numbers. Good luck!