+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parents and Grandparents Sponsorship 2018

babybenz

Jan 26, 2018
My Sponsorship was In process since 28 of May, turned into Decision Made on June 3rd. So far no 3rd line appeared and did not receive any email.
Surprisingly, from today PR shows - In Process from 13th of June!!!!

Anyone can tell me that it’s normal!!!
That sounds very positive, congrats. Hopefully you will have the medical and police clearance request soon, and voila PR visa by end of the year.
I saw on the 2017 record, there was someone got the whole thing done from App submission to PR visa in just under 7 months
Please remember to update your status here with YULIA so all of us here would have some short of reference to compare our case...

Last edited:

AnNingCanada

Jun 5, 2018
My Sponsorship was In process since 28 of May, turned into Decision Made on June 3rd. So far no 3rd line appeared and did not receive any email.
Surprisingly, from today PR shows - In Process from 13th of June!!!!

Anyone can tell me that it’s normal!!!
you will received SA letter in the email soon:
after I received SA letter in the email my status:
Sponsorship Application Status: Decision Made
Permanent Residence Application Status:In Process
On-Line Services

Sponsorship
1. We received your application to sponsor name on April 9, 2018.

2. We started processing your application on May 29, 2018.

3. We sent you correspondence on May 29, 2018. If you have not yet provided the information or the requested documents, please do so as soon as possible. Please wait until you receive the correspondence before sending us additional information, as the correspondence will outline all information that is required.

4. We sent you correspondence on June 13, 2018 about the decision on your application.

(my comment: i was asked to submit the death certificate on May 29th, 2018)
On-Line Services
Permanent Residence

1. We received name's application for permanent residence on April 9, 2018.

in the GCkey:
Details about your application status
When we get your application, there are a series of steps it may go through before we make a decision. Use the following table to find out the current status of each application step.
Application/profile details
Application step
Current status

Review of eligibility:We are reviewing whether you meet the eligibility requirements.
Review of medical results:You do not need a medical exam. We will send you a message if this changes.
Review of additional documents:We need additional documents to process your application. We will send you a letter or email with details.
Interview:You do not need an interview. We will send you a message if this changes.
Biometrics:We do not need your fingerprints. We will send you a message if this changes.
Background check:Not applicable.
Final decision:Your application is in progress. We will send you a message once the final decision has been made.

Kaushuque

Star Member
Jun 2, 2012
you will received SA letter in the email soon:
after I received SA letter in the email my status:
Sponsorship Application Status: Decision Made
Permanent Residence Application Status:In Process
On-Line Services

Sponsorship
1. We received your application to sponsor name on April 9, 2018.

2. We started processing your application on May 29, 2018.

3. We sent you correspondence on May 29, 2018. If you have not yet provided the information or the requested documents, please do so as soon as possible. Please wait until you receive the correspondence before sending us additional information, as the correspondence will outline all information that is required.

4. We sent you correspondence on June 13, 2018 about the decision on your application.

(my comment: i was asked to submit the death certificate on May 29th, 2018)
On-Line Services
Permanent Residence

1. We received name's application for permanent residence on April 9, 2018.

in the GCkey:
Details about your application status
When we get your application, there are a series of steps it may go through before we make a decision. Use the following table to find out the current status of each application step.
Application/profile details
Application step
Current status

Review of eligibility:We are reviewing whether you meet the eligibility requirements.
Review of medical results:You do not need a medical exam. We will send you a message if this changes.
Review of additional documents:We need additional documents to process your application. We will send you a letter or email with details.
Interview:You do not need an interview. We will send you a message if this changes.
Biometrics:We do not need your fingerprints. We will send you a message if this changes.
Background check:Not applicable.
Final decision:Your application is in progress. We will send you a message once the final decision has been made.
Thank you so much for this information. I am kind of confused, didn’t received email, it’s been Two weeks since Decision Made. Still waiting for it. And now PR In process, which is good, but the way process going on is not normal in my case.

Christina2018

Jun 13, 2018
Thank you so much for this information. I am kind of confused, didn’t received email, it’s been Two weeks since Decision Made. Still waiting for it. And now PR In process, which is good, but the way process going on is not normal in my case.
It sounds normal to me as I heard other people never received the DM email and everything was going well.

anubhob

Mar 23, 2018
Canada
My ECAS shows application received from last Monday. But I have not received any AOR email so far. How long it usually takes to get the AOR email (or mail?) after the application information is updated in ECAS?

mason54321

Star Member
Jun 17, 2014
YYC
Visa Office......
Misa---
My ECAS shows application received from last Monday. But I have not received any AOR email so far. How long it usually takes to get the AOR email (or mail?) after the application information is updated in ECAS?
About 1.5 wks for me.

Agharr1

Star Member
May 17, 2015
Hi @YULIA-2016

Please update I don’t know who updated sponsorship application in processs in tracking sheet. Which is incorrect. It should be application received until 13 June.

Today when I checked Ecas - status changed :

My parents sponsorship application went into in process as of 14 June. As per Ecas

Strange enough PR application also shows in process. Even my sponsorship application status shows inprocess , is it normal ?

Thank you

Reactions: YULIA-2016

robsmann

Star Member
May 21, 2012
Richmond, Virginia, United States of America
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2014
Doc's Request.
31-10-2014
IELTS Request
Sent with app
Med's Request
31-10-2014
Med's Done....
08-11-2014
Passport Req..
13-02-2015
VISA ISSUED...
27-02-2015
LANDED..........
18-04-2015
Hi @YULIA-2016

Please update I don’t know who updated sponsorship application in processs in tracking sheet. Which is incorrect. It should be application received until 13 June.

Today when I checked Ecas - status changed :

My parents sponsorship application went into in process as of 14 June. As per Ecas

Strange enough PR application also shows in process. Even my sponsorship application status shows inprocess , is it normal ?

Thank you
Hi,
My status is both In Process :) wierd!! But when I go into details, only sponsorship has 2nd line.

On question from me- I had submitted the financial form so that they take my info from CRA. HaS anyone's SA BEEN received who also asked them to take info from CRA?

Christina2018

Jun 13, 2018
Hi,
My status is both In Process :) wierd!! But when I go into details, only sponsorship has 2nd line.

On question from me- I had submitted the financial form so that they take my info from CRA. HaS anyone's SA BEEN received who also asked them to take info from CRA?
Both IP same as you. Sin numbeprovided too. I heard other people in the same case. No worries!

Reactions: robsmann

Agharr1

Star Member
May 17, 2015
Hi,

I provided them the form with Concent to retrieve info from cra plus our notice of assessments to prove fininceil requirement plus T4s plus Sin copies. Extra documents to ensure we aren’t missing any documents- so let’s hope for the best.

Reactions: robsmann

babybenz

Jan 26, 2018
Hi,

The whole parents sponsorship process has actually 2 stages: Stage 1 is you to apply to become sponsor and Stage 2 is your parents, based on your sponsorship approval, to apply to become permanent resident.
Therefore, at this stage, you will see the 2 stages are both "In process" but only sponsorship stage will actively be updated such as "In process" and hopefully "Decision made". Once the sponsorship process becomes "decision made" (e.g. you are approved to sponsor your parents) then the "Permanent resident application" will be updated

skiour80

Apr 3, 2018
I have received nothing from them, it has been about more than 1 month that I have sent my docs. What can I do, how can I check? thank you in advance for any advice provided

Reactions: iengineer86

babybenz

Jan 26, 2018
I have received nothing from them, it has been about more than 1 month that I have sent my docs. What can I do, how can I check? thank you in advance for any advice provided
I received AOR from IRCC about 1.5 months after sending my application and the online status was only available just shortly after that. So maybe just wait for another week to see?
By the way, when was your application received in Ottawa?