+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parents and Grandparents Sponsorship 2018

Malayer

Star Member
May 19, 2018
Hi Guys,
I sent the application on April 30th. It was delivered to Ottawa on May 2nd. However I have not received any sort of confirmation from CIC yet. Just received the second frienly reminder email today saying the deadline approaching. I was wondering if anyone has received any confirmation from CIC after the application delivered.

Last edited:

ashique_tas

Jan 23, 2011
Bangladesh
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-04-10
Doc's Request.
25-06-10
Nomination.....
25-06-2010
AOR Received.
1st AOR @ 25-06-10;2nd AOR @ 12-10-10
IELTS Request
25-06-10
File Transfer...
26-09-10;Updated docs sent on 21st Feb,2012.
Med's Request
Issued @ 5th July,2012.Received@17th July,2012 By the grace of Almighty Allah!!
Med's Done....
21st July,2012;received by SGVO @ 25th July & docs reached at 2nd Aug by the grace of Allah
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
By the grace of Allah 19.09.2012
VISA ISSUED...
By the grace of Allah 29.10.2012
LANDED..........
By the grace of Allah 4th Feb,2013.
Hi Guys,
I sent the application on April 30th. It was delivered to Ottawa on May 2nd. However I have not received any sort of confirmation from CIC yet. Just received the second frienly reminder email today saying the deadline approaching. I was wondering if anyone has received any confirmation from CIC after the application delivered.
There are lots of people who haven't heard anything from CIC after submitting their docs. Don't need to worry. It normally takes 4 to 8 weeks to issue AOR. As they are wrapping up the dead line they will start working on the files afterwards I believe.

Last edited:
Reactions: Malayer

jhoongo

Star Member
Nov 8, 2016
Hi guys,

Did anyone receive the AOR who applied after May?

I sent my application on May 5, and IRCC received it on May 9.
Still hasn't received any email from IRCC other than reminder email to submit my application.

It seems like people who applied early in April received the AOR shortly after around 1 week.

Does anyone have idea on May application?

Also, how is the AOR delivered? Will it be through email that I included in the Generic Application form?
Can I link my application to my online account only after I receive the AOR?

Thanks,

juicykey

May 18, 2018
Hello,Can anyone help me?
I sent yesterday my application in Ottawa.I am sponsoring my parents.
I just read in the invitation letter that the form IMM5669 should be singed by hand but I signed as it says in the form,electronically.
Now I am fricking out ,afraid that they will reject my application...
Do I send this form again signed by hand or the electronic sign version is OK?
Did you hear anything from CIC? I made the exact same mistake.

ashique_tas

Jan 23, 2011
Bangladesh
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-04-10
Doc's Request.
25-06-10
Nomination.....
25-06-2010
AOR Received.
IELTS Request
25-06-10
File Transfer...
Med's Request
Med's Done....
21st July,2012;received by SGVO @ 25th July & docs reached at 2nd Aug by the grace of Allah
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
Hi guys,

Did anyone receive the AOR who applied after May?

I sent my application on May 5, and IRCC received it on May 9.
Still hasn't received any email from IRCC other than reminder email to submit my application.

It seems like people who applied early in April received the AOR shortly after around 1 week.

Does anyone have idea on May application?

Also, how is the AOR delivered? Will it be through email that I included in the Generic Application form?
Can I link my application to my online account only after I receive the AOR?

Thanks,
I heard someone was saying that he received AOR on May 3rd. But he submitted his application on mid April. However AOR is delivered through E-mail. It will give you the file number and good news regarding that your application has been received.
You can link your application after 5 to 7 business days after your application submitted.

jhoongo

Star Member
Nov 8, 2016
I heard someone was saying that he received AOR on May 3rd. But he submitted his application on mid April. However AOR is delivered through E-mail. It will give you the file number and good news regarding that your application has been received.
You can link your application after 5 to 7 business days after your application submitted.
Hi,

Thanks for your reply.
when you are saying the "application submitted", do you mean by days after I send my application package? or days after I receive the AOR?

Thanks,

Malayer

Star Member
May 19, 2018
There are lots of people who haven't heard anything from CIC after submitting their docs. Don't need to worry. It normally takes 4 to 8 weeks to issue AOR. As they are wrapping up the dead line they will start working on the files afterwards I believe.
Thanks, feeling positive now!

ashique_tas

Jan 23, 2011
Bangladesh
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-04-10
Doc's Request.
25-06-10
Nomination.....
25-06-2010
AOR Received.
IELTS Request
25-06-10
File Transfer...
Med's Request
Med's Done....
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
Hi,

Thanks for your reply.
when you are saying the "application submitted", do you mean by days after I send my application package? or days after I receive the AOR?

Thanks,
The business days after they received your complete application.

Last edited:

Zearus

Jun 15, 2014
Hello,Can anyone help me?
I sent yesterday my application in Ottawa.I am sponsoring my parents.
I just read in the invitation letter that the form IMM5669 should be singed by hand but I signed as it says in the form,electronically.
Now I am fricking out ,afraid that they will reject my application...
Do I send this form again signed by hand or the electronic sign version is OK?
i just noticed this as well. i did same mistake. did not sign by hand.
the form clearly says "I agree that by typing my name, I am electronically signing my application" !!!! however i noticed that on invitation letter it says sign by hand and also in guide it says "
If you are filling it out on the computer: in the signature section, type your name and
select the date using the date selection tool. Then, print out the form and sign in writing
(provide your original handwritten signature) next to your name in the signature box. If
you do not sign and date the form according to these instructions, it will not be accepted
and will be returned to you."

we might get our files returned :( or if we are lucky they might request to re-submit just IMM5669

razerblade

VIP Member
Feb 21, 2014
i just noticed this as well. i did same mistake. did not sign by hand.
the form clearly says "I agree that by typing my name, I am electronically signing my application" !!!! however i noticed that on invitation letter it says sign by hand and also in guide it says "
If you are filling it out on the computer: in the signature section, type your name and
select the date using the date selection tool. Then, print out the form and sign in writing
(provide your original handwritten signature) next to your name in the signature box. If
you do not sign and date the form according to these instructions, it will not be accepted
and will be returned to you."

we might get our files returned :( or if we are lucky they might request to re-submit just IMM5669
It also says so in the instruction guide. Hopefully, they will just ask you to re-submit that form without returning the complete application. IRCC is not that cruel, especially when things are lottery based ... atleast I hope not.

Zearus

Jun 15, 2014
It also says so in the instruction guide. Hopefully, they will just ask you to re-submit that form without returning the complete application. IRCC is not that cruel, especially when things are lottery based ... atleast I hope not.
i am going to re-submit the form with hand sign tomorrow. i will probably put an explanation letter saying why i am sending this forms again + invitation letter + forms

the explanation letter should it be in specific format ? any templates ?

tabrisjayson

Star Member
Apr 30, 2014
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-04-2014
Nomination.....
31-03-2014
AOR Received.
11-06-2014
Med's Request
11-06-2014
Med's Done....
24-06-2014
I have not received my AoR yet, but my ecas shows my parents application

kthomps20

May 21, 2018
Hi All, I have a question about validating forms.

I could not get the forms to generate the barcodes needed, i printed them off anyway and sent them to my grandmother to sign which she has. I have now figured out the technical problem and gotten the barcodes to be generated and printed them.

So I now have one unsigned copy of the form with barcodes, and a signed copy with no barcodes. What do I do in this situation? Take the signed page of one copy and add it to the other with the barcodes and submit that? When you validate it adds a long number to every page of the document, so that number will be different on the signed page.

The information is identical on both copies of the forms, should I submit them both? With a letter to explain?

Obviously time is tight here but I do live just a few blocks from the address it needs to be sent to so hopefully can submit in person, or just do a same day courier if they demand it.

mave777

Star Member
Sep 7, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-May-2010
Doc's Request.
1st AOR:30-Sep-2010
Nomination.....
Full docs received by NDVO:07-Jan-2011
IELTS Request
IN PROCESS:5-may-2012
Med's Request
18-July-2013 (with PPR/PCC/Updated Forms)
Med's Done....
20-July-2013
Interview........
PP/Docs received by NDVO: 24-Aug-2013
Passport Req..
18-July-2013 along with meds
VISA ISSUED...
Decision Made: 22-Sep-2013/PP Recvd:30-Sep-2013
LANDED..........
2014 - Jan17th(for a weekend),May 30th (for good!)
It's funny how inspite of living in Canada for a few years now as a landed immigrant, just when I thought I was done with all the paperwork, online forms, sending applications, daily ecas status checks and waiting games - I am back at this again! Of course that was 7-8 years ago when I applied for my own residency, fast forward to the present and I am doing the same thing for my parents! This forum back then was the platform for everyone to express their happiness and sadness, get impatient and live with patience, contribute actively or read passively and find reason and pattern in all those lines of the spreadsheet! I must admit it was a big part of daily life then (especially with those mamoth wait times of getting a PR), but in retrospect was a fun journey - fun in a 'rollercoaster' sort of way!

As this new one begins, I wish everyone good luck - hopefully, you all get to reunite with your family soon!

My details if someone could add it please, thanks:

Sponsoring: Parents (Mom & Dad)
Invitation Received: March 20
Province: ON
Parent's nationality: India
Application sent@Ottawa: May 14
Application received@Ottawa: May 16 (Canada Post)
Destination City: Toronto

Reactions: YULIA-2016

jorida

Star Member
May 4, 2010
i am going to re-submit the form with hand sign tomorrow. i will probably put an explanation letter saying why i am sending this forms again + invitation letter + forms

the explanation letter should it be in specific format ? any templates ?
I already sent it again with the forms signed by hand.I wrote a simple letter explaining why I am resending this form.I read somewhere that last year they asked for the form to re-submit only.Hope the same for us