+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parents and Grandparents Sponsorship 2018

gst8486

Champion Member
Nov 5, 2011

gst8486

Champion Member
Nov 5, 2011
Thanks , I have already received AOR . So is it good if I submit rep form online?? How long does this takes to get med request and can we do upfront medical before they land here ?
Ok, I will recommend you to mail the Use of Representative form along with copy of the AOR (Email) you received, just to help IRCC in recognizing your file.

gst8486

Champion Member
Nov 5, 2011

gst8486

Champion Member
Nov 5, 2011
Guys, I have worked many 2 days, 1 week, 1 months jobs in past 3 yrs..it is impossible to remember dates from-to-when, what do I do in this scenario? I don't want to leave any info but all the info isn't available as well. Can someone suggest something?
Do you have your own company under which you provide services to multiple clients, if that's the case then you should follow the example provided in the below link: https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/parents-and-grandparents-sponsorship-2018.513951/page-109#post-6838214

gst8486

Champion Member
Nov 5, 2011

gst8486

Champion Member
Nov 5, 2011
Hey Guys,

My Brother is about to sponsor my parents for under this years program and I have the following questions regarding IMM 5406. I am a bit confused
I know my dad (who is the principal applicant) has to compete this form.

1. Does my brother, myself and my mom has to complete this form separately as well?
2. If the answer is 'yes' how do I or my brother fill up this form. Do I have to complete Section A, B and C? Like under Section A where it says Applicant, under relationship Do I need to fill in any details?

It seems like some of the information is redundant. Your help is much appreciated.
IMM 5406 will be required to be filled by your Father and Mother separately, not required from you or your brother (Sponsor). On top of the form IMM 5406, it says, The principle applicant, their spouse, and dependent need to fill their own copies. Make sure you type the names in English and then write the names in your native language (if other than English).

Reactions: leviathan_55

innocentkool

Star Member
Oct 24, 2014
Looking at the current trends, in about 2 weeks.
The tracker sheet pattern notes that IRCC sends in AOR emails once a month around 19th , at least that is the pattern or once every 20 days. Once second or third set of AORs come in and tracker sheet gets updated, it will be easier to identify the trend

Reactions: gst8486

quasar81

Feb 27, 2014
Guys
We had applied for our mother in 2018, and havent received any email.
Does that mean we haven't been lucky through lottery? Is there any additional place we can verify if we were selected?

innocentkool

Star Member
Oct 24, 2014
Even I am interested in this. I was looking at sheets & it says entire process is taking 1 to 3 years which is wide range. Any particular pattern, which applications are taking short time & which ones upto 3 years?
Filter the spreadsheet to narrow it down to your specific country/region and then a quick scan through will give you some idea of the times

Born4luv1

May 2, 2018
Hii!

My only question is that I m unable to link the paper application online .do i need to wait for any uci number /application number etc to do tha
As long that you send to the correct adress on Ottawa, or you can track through express mail if they already receieved.or try to log-in to your ECAS account. Everybody has the same story as well, waitiig For response from IRCC. We can only have to do is wait.

And my status on online tracking shows no oinformation available
I m only worried if they received it coz it was a Po box address.was it the only address?
Yes i did track on canada post where it says delivered but no email yet
I m wondering how much time it takes to get an aor?
They recieved my application package as well,on april 27. Till now don't have any email yet from them. Im still waiting..

Zhuzhu

May 3, 2018
Hi all,
I've mailed the package to Ottawa last Wednesday morning by Xpresspost, it is still on its way (!!!!). Meanwhile, I've just received a reminder from Immigration Canada to hurry up:
Dear Client,
This e-mail is a friendly reminder regarding the Parents and Grandparents Program. The deadline for Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) to receive your complete application to sponsor your parents and grandparents is quickly approaching. Please read the attachment for very important information on the submission of your application.

Last edited:

iengineer86

Star Member
Feb 20, 2016
Hello Friends,

On IMM 5406 form do we have to type Names (all) in English and Punjabi( i'm from India) or only English is good enough .
Thanks,

innocentkool

Star Member
Oct 24, 2014
They recieved my application package as well,on april 27. Till now don't have any email yet from them. Im still waiting..
You should track it online to see when it will be received or where the holdup is, my guess is it should be delivered today. On bright side, whoever has not gotten this email and have mailed in their packages, it seems that AoRs should be should be coming in next week.

Reactions: gst8486