12-05-2015
Passport Req..
03-06-2015
VISA ISSUED...
08-06-2015
LANDED..........
19-06-2015
Could you please help me through the following questions:
- IMM 008 (Generic application): Question current country of residence- Since i will be putting Canada as they are living with me, what dates should i put in this question. I have put "From date" the date they landed but not sure sure about the "To date", should i use expected date of leaving the country?
- Re UCI: I went through the answers provided in the past, so i will leave UCI fields blank for my parents.
- What address should i use for question 1 and 2 in contact information for my parents? Question is provide current mailing and residence address, they are living with me, so should i provide Canadian address? or current address that is in back home?

Thank you.
Hi everyone,

Any idea on this?

Shaikhzees

Star Member
Aug 17, 2012
What you need is to apply for Parents/Grandparents sponsorship so that you can sponsor your mom to be Permanent Resident. In order to do this, you would need the followings:
First, you need to check if your total income is enough to sponsor your parents. The required incomes are varied based on your family size at the time you submit the application. IRCC will need to see your qualified 3-year consecutively incomes before your application. For example, if you plan to apply for sponsorship for your mom in 2019, you must have qualified income for 2016-2017-2018.
Secondly, you will need submit the "Express of Interest" to sponsor for your parents. This is done via online form submission. The online form will be available from IRCC website approximately from January 2, 2019 until February 1, 2019 (1 month)
IRCC will select 10,000 people who submit the express of interest and will invite them to apply for sponsorship

All of the above are explained in details via IRCC website, here:
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/immigrate-canada/family-sponsorship/sponsor-parents-grandparents.html

Good luck
Thanks

YULIA-2016

Champion Member
Mar 4, 2015
Visa Office......
Warsaw
App. Filed.......
Jan.2016
AOR Received.
June 2016
File Transfer...
Jan.2017
Med's Request
First June 06-2017 from Warsaw ; Second 26 July 2018 from London
Med's Done....
Sep 27 2018
Passport Req..
DM Sep 29 2018, PPR Oct 01 2018
VISA ISSUED...
Oct 10 2018

gst8486

Champion Member
Nov 5, 2011
It's not a choice. T4 is not an acceptable document to prove income. The ONLY document that IRCC states is allowed, is your official CRA tax return. Nothing else will be looked at or considered.
My answer was in context of what the applicant is putting in the form, if you read carefully, in my response i didn't mention to provide the T4s as supporting document.

gst8486

Champion Member
Nov 5, 2011
Hi everyone,

Any idea on this?
Could you please help me through the following questions:
- IMM 008 (Generic application): Question current country of residence- Since i will be putting Canada as they are living with me, what dates should i put in this question. I have put "From date" the date they landed but not sure sure about the "To date", should i use expected date of leaving the country?
- Re UCI: I went through the answers provided in the past, so i will leave UCI fields blank for my parents.
- What address should i use for question 1 and 2 in contact information for my parents? Question is provide current mailing and residence address, they are living with me, so should i provide Canadian address? or current address that is in back home?

Thank you.
Yes, put the expected date of departure. If you do not have their departure tickets booked, To keep it on safe side put the date as per their expected departure date e.g. if your parents came on visitor visa, the are suppose to leave canada before the 6 months, so if your parents came on Jan 01 you should put June 30, 2018

For UCI, I know that lots of people are choosing to leave it empty, but if you read the Guide 5772, it is mentioned for Question 1. of Background declaration form 'If this is your first time dealing with IRCC, you will not have a UCI'. To my understanding, this statement implies that if you have dealt with IRCC in the past you have to provide UCI. In your case you have dealt with IRCC for your parents visitor or super visa, you should have a UCI on their visa stamp.
Read the below: https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/parents-and-grandparents-sponsorship-2018.513951/page-109#post-6838178

Yes, for current mailing and residence address you are putting the Canadian address. Whenever they go back home, you will be required to update their mailing and residence address.

Last edited:

jhutti

Aug 13, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
https://www.canada.ca/content/dam/ircc/migration/ircc/english/pdf/kits/forms/eimm5669e.pdf

Hi All
Anyone filling this form IMM5669 for parents get a version <06 2017>

When i try to click it , it opens with version 02 2018

We wrongly filled version 02 2012

We send filled application & submit for parents pgp program for 2018 last week , but yesterday get back email reply from CIC to fill correct version of this form else application will be rejected for being incomplete !!! The email want us to fill only 06 2017 version only. Only have 1 month time to correct this mistake

Reactions: HarryKhuttan

HarryKhuttan

Star Member
Feb 4, 2015
Edmonton
https://www.canada.ca/content/dam/ircc/migration/ircc/english/pdf/kits/forms/eimm5669e.pdf

Hi All

We send filled application & submit for parents pgp program for 2018 last week , but yesterday get back email reply from CIC to fill correct version of this form else application will be rejected for being incomplete !!! The email want us to fill only 06 2017 version only. Only have 1 month time to correct this mistake
My form says in the bottom left corner
02-18 I guess this is the latest, isn’t it?

gst8486

Champion Member
Nov 5, 2011
Please i need help....

I will be sponsoring my parents (dad and mum) and my 21 year old brother. My mum (principal applicant) is currently visiting in the states and she will be in canada next month to sign all the documents. I have a few questions;

1. The background declaration form has to be filled by all three applicants. My dad and brother currently live in Nigeria. The last part of form IMM 5669 says that “i agree that by typing my name electronically, i am electronically signing my application” is that enough or do I need to type their names and send it to Nigeria to sign it then send back to me? Or can they just sign and scan back to me? Same question applies to form IMM 5406 (additional family information) can they fill, sign and scan to me or does it have to be signed and sent via courier.

2. My family consists of me, my husband and daughter (3) and we are sponsoring my parents and my brother (3) making us a family of 6 based on income requirements. In form IMM 0008 ( generic application form), question 3 “how many members are in the application” will that be 3 ie my mum (principal applicant), my dad and my brother? Or 6 which includes all of us ?
1. The signatures will be required infront of the typed/ printed name. Your best bet is that you fill all the forms and email them to your family back home and get your Father and other family members to sign the documents. After emailing suggest them to follow the following chronolgy:

• Download
  • Validate (click validate button on the forms)
  • Print & Sign in Blue ink preferably (its very important that the forms which have Validate option, are validated first before printing)
  • Courier the signed forms back to Canada via the fastest courier company in Nigeria
  • And once documents are received in Canada, get your Mom to sign in the required areas

(I sent the same INSTRUCTIONS TO MY PARENTS BACK HOME :) )

Avoid sending scanned or photocopies of forms (as per IRCC instruction guide 5772).

2. The generic form is getting filled by the principle applicant, in your case it's your MOTHER (you can help her in filling the form for sure), therefore she will be putting 3 (herself, your Father and Brother). Please note that she has to put the number as per the total family size, not as per who is coming to Canada. For example if a family has Mom, Dad, a son and daughter and the daughter is not coming to Canada, even then, in that Question:3 of Generic application form the number will be 4 not 3.

Hopefully this help!

Last edited:

zheka

Star Member
Jul 17, 2017
Hello
I have a somewhat general question. How do you receive the AOR? Is it e-mailed to the sponsor? Or to the principal applicant? Also I tried to link the paper application to my online account, but it's a bit cryptic. It is asking the data about Applicant and about "The Other Applicant". So I wonder who are these :)

razerblade

VIP Member
Feb 21, 2014

Hi All

Aren;t we supposed to fill 02/2018 and not 06/2017 ? Did you submit 02/2018 or 02/2012 ?

Edit: on the website the form is showing the old timestamp (June 2017), but when you download it, it shows 02/2018.

Last edited:

razerblade

VIP Member
Feb 21, 2014
2. The generic form is getting filled by the principle applicant, in your case it's your MOTHER, therefore she will be putting 3 (herself, your Father and Brother). Please note that she has to put the number as per the total family size, not as per who is coming to Canada. For example if a family has Mom, Dad, a son and daughter and daughter is not coming to Canada, even then, in that Question:3 of Generic application form the number will be 4 not 3.
Hopefully this help!
Only if the brother and daughter are dependents should the family size be 4 in your example, right ? If not, then family size should be 2. That's my understanding.

razerblade

VIP Member
Feb 21, 2014
Hello
I have a somewhat general question. How do you receive the AOR? Is it e-mailed to the sponsor? Or to the principal applicant? Also I tried to link the paper application to my online account, but it's a bit cryptic. It is asking the data about Applicant and about "The Other Applicant". So I wonder who are these :)
My understanding:

there are two steps to the application - sponsorship approval (you), and PR processing for parents/grandparents (people you're sponsoring). For sponsorship approval (happens first, then PR processing begins), you will get the AOR to your email address. For PR application, your parents will get all correspondence, UNLESS you filled out the representative form and provided your email and regular address.