+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parents and Grandparents Sponsorship 2018

nehabhi

Jul 4, 2016
Hello..I have a question regarding marriage certificate. My in-laws are currently visiting us...and they will be staying with us for another 4 months and we have to submit application by mid May. So, they don't have a marriage certificate. What should I do or to whom should I approach if I want to have a marriage certificate affidavit made over here. I mean should I go to Indian consulate or just contact any lawyer here.

What everyone has done as I was reading for many people their parents are staying in Canada under super visa category.

Thanks,
Neha

gst8486

Champion Member
Nov 5, 2011
It looks like Ottawa is still working on 2016 applications then.

I also see that there are no 2017 applications processed at Ottawa yet. Not even round # 1.

Does Ottawa have applications pending in 2014 and 2015 as well?
There is a hope that the processing time will go down and the files will be processed quicker. Let's hope for the best!

Toronto-Citizen

Oct 11, 2017
Yes there are still applications being processed for 2014/15. The process seems to be faster under the new lottery system so anticipate 1-2 years. Obviously some may take longer and a few may be sooner. If your mother needs an extension to stay in Canada apply for it 30 days before ithe previous visa expires. Also mention you are waiting for PGP. Extensions are usually granted but every case is unique. Given she is not a visitor she should have a home to return to and assume she will likely need to move her stuff and do some administrative stuff before settling in Canada as a PR.
Thanks for your inputs buddy.

Based on your observation, can you please answer the following questions?

- How much percentage of applications in 2014, 2015 and 2016 are processed by CPC - Ottawa? It is fair to say that it is 0% for 2017.

- When do you think they’ll start processing applications for 2017 and then subsequently 2018?

rdsagar

Feb 12, 2015
Hi,
I am applying for my spouce PR and suddenly I got parent sponsorship (for PR) invitation. Can I apply both PR application on same time?

I am already eligible for Income for 4 people family as per my last 3 year return.

Also how much time it will take for parent PR application after new 10,000 parent lottery invitation system come in effect?

Also Can I apply for Super Visa for parent after applying Sponsor application for PR?
As Last time I called CIC and they told me that I should not apply for my wife's TRV once I applied for PR!!!

Thank you for your help in advance.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Thanks for your inputs buddy.

Based on your observation, can you please answer the following questions?

- How much percentage of applications in 2014, 2015 and 2016 are processed by CPC - Ottawa? It is fair to say that it is 0% for 2017.

- When do you think they’ll start processing applications for 2017 and then subsequently 2018?
Nobody can tell you that information other than IRCC staff. You will just have to wait and see. You can look at the various spreadsheets if you want.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hi,
I am applying for my spouce PR and suddenly I got parent sponsorship (for PR) invitation. Can I apply both PR application on same time?

I am already eligible for Income for 4 people family as per my last 3 year return.

Also how much time it will take for parent PR application after new 10,000 parent lottery invitation system come in effect?

Also Can I apply for Super Visa for parent after applying Sponsor application for PR?
As Last time I called CIC and they told me that I should not apply for my wife's TRV once I applied for PR!!!

Thank you for your help in advance.
PGP now takes approximately 1-2 years. Yes you can apply for your parents and spouse at the same time. Yes you can apply for a supervisa for your parents while they apply for PR. They will have to remain visitors though they can't move until PR. Unless your wife has strong ties to her home country like a longterm good job, property, family that depends on her as well as her own savings and a travel history to countries that required visas like US, Australia, UK she will have a difficult time getting a trv.

Aug 4, 2012
Spanish Town
Category........
Visa Office......
KIN
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-10-2012
Doc's Request.
11-25-13
AOR Received.
15-10-2012
File Transfer...
January 2013
Med's Request
11-25-13
Med's Done....
February or March(can't remember) Redo it Dec 2013
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
05-02-2014
VISA ISSUED...
12-02-2014 (collected 25-02-2014)
Hey all have some questions I was invited to sponsor my mother for the eimm5669e
Where can I find the UCI and Application?
In section 4(d) it mention refused visitor or temporary resident visa to Canada, she was denied a visa before will this affect her chance?

In addition should the 2 photographs be signed? And should the photocopies documents be signed too?

dok

Apr 20, 2014
Wow, it finally worked. It only shows PR app received and for some reason, doesnt show anything on PR card renewal app- which was sent a month before the sponsorship app!

THANK YOU
Good. Try linking your pr card application too toMyCIC. If you just changing your name and you just got your first card, then you might not see it in e-cas. Not sure though.

YULIA-2016

Champion Member
Mar 4, 2015
Visa Office......
Warsaw
App. Filed.......
Jan.2016
AOR Received.
June 2016
File Transfer...
Jan.2017
Med's Request
First June 06-2017 from Warsaw ; Second 26 July 2018 from London
Med's Done....
Sep 27 2018
Passport Req..
DM Sep 29 2018, PPR Oct 01 2018
VISA ISSUED...
Oct 10 2018

gst8486

Champion Member
Nov 5, 2011
Hey all have some questions I was invited to sponsor my mother for the eimm5669e
Where can I find the UCI and Application?
In section 4(d) it mention refused visitor or temporary resident visa to Canada, she was denied a visa before will this affect her chance?

In addition should the 2 photographs be signed? And should the photocopies documents be signed too?
The refusal letter you received should have the UCI on it.

Regarding section 4(d), do not worry, the previous outcome will not effect this application, so go ahead and mention it in the form.

Behind the 2 photographs, no signatures required, but make sure you put name and date of birth of your mother, as well as the name and complete address of the photography studio and the date the photo was taken.

The photocopy of the supporting documents e.g. passports, marriage certificate, birth certificate, Notice of Assessments, etc. won't require any signatures. Perhaps, make sure you do not photocopy any forms, all the forms should be originals with original signatures.

Good Luck!

pjfen

Apr 5, 2018
Hi everyone, i am filling out my forms to apply to sponsor my parents (we were invited to apply) and i have a question..... on Form IMM 5768 (Financial Evaluation form) where we list our employment history... i am confused about the "gross income and benefits" section. Do i have to go back and find T4's for each year for this? Or will they be able to access this info because i am allowing them access to my CRA file? What does the benefits part mean? Is that a monetary value for extended health benefits? Or does it mean benefits in terms of income? Thanks in advance!

Reactions: Luba77