+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parents and Grandparents Sponsorship 2018

jgarcia

Dec 14, 2015
I do not think you can hide from IRCC about your mother's status. At the later stage of the process, IRCC will request your mother to go through the medical examination at one of the designated doctors/clinics appointed by IRCC in your mother's country. What I can think of is to make sure your mother's health is in good stage and all illness/sickness are treated completely before doing the medical exam.
What we did is we disclosed it on the application. yes she did all neccessary treatment and she doing fine now. Thank God.

jgarcia

Dec 14, 2015
Would agree you should disclose the breast cancer. It will likely be evident during exam due to surgical scars, medication, burns from radiation, etc
Yeah we disclosed it. What we worrying about that the application will be refused because of she had cancer.

zezu

Star Member
Feb 8, 2016
Toronto
Hi Everyone

My app reached Ottawa on the 11th of April

I have now tried over 20-30 combinations on CIC but cant get any update or link to my CIC
Yes i used the - in the middle of UCI
Yes i tried Caps and non Caps for surname, still nothing!

I also sent an app over a month ago to update my name on new PR card, so atleast that should be picked up
but nothing ::::((((

zezu

Star Member
Feb 8, 2016
Toronto
Yeah we disclosed it. What we worrying about that the application will be refused because of she had cancer.
Hi
Im with you on this. My mom has had it, but i did not disclose it. Why? Because cancer, once treated and then medically checked to have gone is a closed case. Once you have been treated, you dont say i 'have' cancer, so once its treated, its over. It is no longer a 'condition'.

Case in point, when i landed in CA for the first time, the immigration officer asked me if i had a 'condition'. My Dr had mentioned in the visa exam that i had depression. I leaned over at the officer and told him depression is not an illness, it is a phase, and id prefer you not discriminate me by calling me sick. He apologized 10 times.

So yeah, i refuse to categorize a happy and treated person, free of cancer, a seriously 'ill' person

Thats my view point. They may raise this as an issue, Ill raise my argument. you cant label everyone so easily. aids and TB is what id call a condition that would spread in Ca.

Reactions: gst8486

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hi
Im with you on this. My mom has had it, but i did not disclose it. Why? Because cancer, once treated and then medically checked to have gone is a closed case. Once you have been treated, you dont say i 'have' cancer, so once its treated, its over. It is no longer a 'condition'.

Case in point, when i landed in CA for the first time, the immigration officer asked me if i had a 'condition'. My Dr had mentioned in the visa exam that i had depression. I leaned over at the officer and told him depression is not an illness, it is a phase, and id prefer you not discriminate me by calling me sick. He apologized 10 times.

So yeah, i refuse to categorize a happy and treated person, free of cancer, a seriously 'ill' person

Thats my view point. They may raise this as an issue, Ill raise my argument. you cant label everyone so easily. aids and TB is what id call a condition that would spread in Ca.
Pretty standard that a cancer patient is a at a high risk for their disease to return within the 1st 5 years. You have cancer it is just in remission. Many breast cancer patients or other cancer patients continue to take medication to control their cancer so it does not come back so you are actively being treated. Would imagine their is a high likelihood that the person's mother is going to have to take tamoxifen for the next 5 years to decrease the likelihood of a reoccurrence. Some cancers you can cut out and move on with your life but in many instances it is not that simple. Also considering cancer treatment can leave people with many issues like neuropathy, lymphodema, etc it is important to give the doctor context. The maintenance drugs for breast cancer tend to be affordable so your mother has a good chance.

dok

Apr 20, 2014
Hi Everyone

I have now tried over 20-30 combinations on CIC but cant get any update or link to my CIC

I also sent an app over a month ago to update my name on new PR card, so atleast that should be picked up
Did you change your surname? If so use your new surname to check using the online tool first and the try linking it to MyCIC. Link:
https://services3.cic.gc.ca/ecas/security.do?app=ecas&lang=en&_ga=2.149770038.1604322359.1524009509-2081033413.1524009509

No need to put dashes in UCI! You can also link your PR card application to MyCIC account. For the number of applicants for your parents PR application, count the principal applicant, dependents, sponsor and co-signer.

Reactions: zezu

Arsh Khattri

Star Member
Feb 25, 2013
Visa Office......
vfs chandigarh
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Passport Req..
26-07-2013
VISA ISSUED...
23-08-2013
LANDED..........
09-09-2013
The family size will be determined by the time you submit the sponsorship application. A friend of mine has similar situation like yours, he sponsored his wife and about few months later, they had a baby and the year after, he wanted to sponsor his parents. So when he applied to sponsor his parents last year (and was really lucky to get selected), his family size was total of 5: himself, his wife, his baby and 2 parents. Fortunately that my friend has had a good job with decent pay to cover a family of 5 for 3 years e.g. 2014-2015-2016 when he applied last year.
In my situation income is good enough to cover a family of 3(including myself) In that case is it possible to sponsor parents first and then wife as in case of sponsoring spouse there is no income requirement??

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
In my situation income is good enough to cover a family of 3(including myself) In that case is it possible to sponsor parents first and then wife as in case of sponsoring spouse there is no income requirement??
If you are already married you have to count her as a family member even if she hasn't been sponsored yet.

macwhitby

Nov 18, 2016
Whitby
LANDED..........
21-11-2014
You mean you wanted to sponsor for your mother? If so, you will need to wait until the online "express of interest" is open on the first few days of January 2019 (was on 2 January 2018). You will provide your details and when you are done with the online submission, you will get a confirmation number.

The express of interest form is available for 1 month, so it will close on 2 February 2019 (assuming it opens on 2 Jan 2019). IRCC will remove all the duplicates and will randomly select 10,000 confirmation number to invite them to send the application to sponsor for parents.
If you are selected, then you would have 60 days to prepare the application documents so you don't need to worry too much about it yet

For details information on the whole process, I recommend you to spend sometimes reading the information in this IRCC website
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/immigrate-canada/family-sponsorship/sponsor-parents-grandparents.html
Thanks a lot !

YULIA-2016

Champion Member
Mar 4, 2015
Visa Office......
Warsaw
App. Filed.......
Jan.2016
AOR Received.
June 2016
File Transfer...
Jan.2017
Med's Request
First June 06-2017 from Warsaw ; Second 26 July 2018 from London
Med's Done....
Sep 27 2018
Passport Req..
DM Sep 29 2018, PPR Oct 01 2018
VISA ISSUED...
Oct 10 2018
Hi Everyone

I believe its too early to link it, try E-case first

YULIA-2016

Champion Member
Mar 4, 2015
Visa Office......
Warsaw
App. Filed.......
Jan.2016
AOR Received.
June 2016
File Transfer...
Jan.2017
Med's Request
First June 06-2017 from Warsaw ; Second 26 July 2018 from London
Med's Done....
Sep 27 2018
Passport Req..
DM Sep 29 2018, PPR Oct 01 2018
VISA ISSUED...
Oct 10 2018
Approximately, how much percentage of 2014, 2015, 2016 and 2017 are completed by CPC - Ottawa?

Basing your spreadsheets as a sample space, it looks like 80% of 2014 is done already.

Your inputs on this would be highly appreciated.
don't know . I think most of people are from 2016 who even didn't get Medical request