+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parents and Grandparents Sponsorship 2018

gst8486

Champion Member
Nov 5, 2011
Doing something for parents is a novel work and I am lucky to have the opportunity to sponsor them.

Fellow sponsors, please help me on the following queries:

1) Is the UCI number (10 digits) found right side of "FPC" and below "ONE" in the TRV (got in 2017)?
2) Do my parents need to provide employment certificate as a Government employee?
3) Can we put "N/A" for the level of jurisdiction [IMM 5669e, Question-8]?
4) Do I need to explain why my parents don't have National Identity Card although they are government employee?
5) My parents lost all documents regarding marriage. Recently, they register their marriage and got
Marriage certificate (English), Nikahnama (English) which has recent date but also mention about the original marriage date.
Is this a proper way or do they need to provide affidavit as mentioned in (https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/sharing-affidavit-wording-format-in-lieu-of-marriage-or-birth-certificate.553065/)?

Any other advice is most welcome.

Thank you in advance.
1) Is the UCI number (10 digits) found right side of "FPC" and below "ONE" in the TRV (got in 2017)? Check the below link for discussions in this regard: CLICK HERE
2) Do my parents need to provide employment certificate as a Government employee? Nope
3) Can we put "N/A" for the level of jurisdiction [IMM 5669e, Question-8]? You have to provide the jurisdiction, all government jobs have some sort of jurisdiction e.g. national, regional or municipal.
4) Do I need to explain why my parents don't have National Identity Card although they are government employee? If they do not have a NIC, then you should provide an explanation letter explaining Why they do not have a NIC
5) My parents lost all documents regarding marriage. Recently, they register their marriage and got
Marriage certificate (English), Nikahnama (English) which has recent date but also mention about the original marriage date.
Is this a proper way or do they need to provide affidavit as mentioned in (https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/sharing-affidavit-wording-format-in-lieu-of-marriage-or-birth-certificate.553065/)? They are not required to give an AFFIDAVIT, the Marriage certificate (English), Nikahnama (English) will work absolutely fine There is no issue if it was issued recently.

sabujnil

Aug 30, 2012
1) Is the UCI number (10 digits) found right side of "FPC" and below "ONE" in the TRV (got in 2017)? Check the below link for discussions in this regard: CLICK HERE
2) Do my parents need to provide employment certificate as a Government employee? Nope
3) Can we put "N/A" for the level of jurisdiction [IMM 5669e, Question-8]? You have to provide the jurisdiction, all government jobs have some sort of jurisdiction e.g. national, regional or municipal.
4) Do I need to explain why my parents don't have National Identity Card although they are government employee? If they do not have a NIC, then you should provide an explanation letter explaining Why they do not have a NIC
Is this a proper way or do they need to provide affidavit as mentioned in (https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/sharing-affidavit-wording-format-in-lieu-of-marriage-or-birth-certificate.553065/)? They are not required to give an AFFIDAVIT, the Marriage certificate (English), Nikahnama (English) will work absolutely fine There is no issue if it was issued recently.

Thank you.

roger1726

Star Member
Nov 30, 2012
I am sponsor and my father will be main applicant ( with my mother dependent of him)

If i am helping my father to fill the forms , do we need to fill IMM5476(use of representative form) if I would like to manage/communicate with CIC?

Kan_Sri

Champion Member
Feb 14, 2014
Visa Office......
New Delhi
App. Filed.......
Mar 05-2014
I am sponsor and my father will be main applicant ( with my mother dependent of him)

If i am helping my father to fill the forms , do we need to fill IMM5476(use of representative form) if I would like to manage/communicate with CIC?
Yes, if you would like to represent them (dad and mom) during the course of thier application for PR. you would need them to sign and date IMM5476

AKC001

Jan 17, 2017
I have looked high and low through CICs website and I cant seem to get a concrete answer.
Here is the situation:
My parents came to Canada last year, my dad on a student visa and my mom on a work visa. We entered the lottery for this year and received word that we were successful and can apply to sponsor them. Now with the sponsorship application can my father apply for an open work permit instead of continuing with studies and paying a ridiculous amount of tuition?

Rob_TO

VIP Member
Nov 7, 2012
Toronto
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Seoul, Korea
App. Filed.......
13-07-2012
AOR Received.
18-08-2012
File Transfer...
21-08-2012
Med's Done....
Sent with App
Passport Req..
N/R - Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
30-10-2012
LANDED..........
16-11-2012
I have looked high and low through CICs website and I cant seem to get a concrete answer.
Here is the situation:
My parents came to Canada last year, my dad on a student visa and my mom on a work visa. We entered the lottery for this year and received word that we were successful and can apply to sponsor them. Now with the sponsorship application can my father apply for an open work permit instead of continuing with studies and paying a ridiculous amount of tuition?
No, there is no open work permit associated with a parents PR app. He would need to qualify for an OWP some other way (i.e. through LMIA from an employer).

Reactions: scylla

MYNC

Apr 13, 2018
Hi, I am sponsoring my parents, and they are currently in Canada. On the checklist, they need "Copy of travel documents and Passport of the principle applicant". I have few questions"
1. my parents' passports last page is in Chinese, Do they need the last page of the passport, if they do, do I need translate this page?
2. Do I need certified the whole passport, or just the first page with photo, or with the stamps?
3. Do I need a notary or certified translator to do this?

Thank you for your help!

dixit003

Sep 29, 2016
Hi,

Has anyone been acknowledge by CIC when they received your application ? If yes, Can you please let me know ; how long did it took them to send the notification about your application ?

Thanks

babybenz

Jan 26, 2018
Hi, I am sponsoring my parents, and they are currently in Canada. On the checklist, they need "Copy of travel documents and Passport of the principle applicant". I have few questions"
1. my parents' passports last page is in Chinese, Do they need the last page of the passport, if they do, do I need translate this page?
2. Do I need certified the whole passport, or just the first page with photo, or with the stamps?
3. Do I need a notary or certified translator to do this?

Thank you for your help!
Have you been selected to sponsor for your parents from the lucky draw at the beginning of this year? If you are not selected, then you won't be able to sponsor your parents this time and have to wait until next round.
If you are selected, congratulation.
The passport of your parents should be the page where all of his personal info are displayed, including his photo as well. Also, you should make copy of all the pages that has his visa to Canada (including the stamp from the border control). If the main page of the passport (page with photos) are all in Chinese and no English at all, you may need to translate it to English by certified translator
From what I understand, you do not need to notary the passport copy.

babybenz

Jan 26, 2018
Here is the situation:
Working permit is a total different category of immigration and has nothing to do with your sponsorship. If your father would like to find some jobs to do, either he must apply for work permit (which is a total different process) or wait until he become permanent resident (after you sponsor him) and then he can work without the need of working permit

MYNC

Apr 13, 2018
Have you been selected to sponsor for your parents from the lucky draw at the beginning of this year? If you are not selected, then you won't be able to sponsor your parents this time and have to wait until next round.
The passport of your parents should be the page where all of his personal info are displayed, including his photo as well. Also, you should make copy of all the pages that has his visa to Canada (including the stamp from the border control). If the main page of the passport (page with photos) are all in Chinese and no English at all, you may need to translate it to English by certified translator
yes, I was selected and got the email last month. Thank you.
The passport first page is ok, but the last page does not have english at all, Do I really need the last page of the passport?

Mahg

Apr 11, 2018
I am sponsoring my parents for PR, they got visitor visa last year. Do thry have UCI number on their visa? If yes where can I find it?

babybenz

Jan 26, 2018
yes, I was selected and got the email last month. Thank you.
The passport first page is ok, but the last page does not have english at all, Do I really need the last page of the passport?
According to the Guide, it is required that only the page with personal information and photo of the passport holder. I am not sure and don't know if you have to include your passport's last page. Maybe other people here could help