+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parents and Grandparents Sponsorship 2018

YVR123

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2017
Hi
I am sponsoring my parents for 2018. For siblings who live at home but are not considered dependent where should I include their information.
The guideline is very confusing, I have a 28 years old brother who has graduated and is working but still living at home with my parents since he is not married yet.
1. I dont know weather I need to include him in the Main form( IMM 0008) or the family information form only since he is not accompanying my parents?
2. It mentions that all the family members are supposed to be in the application even if they are not accompanying the applicants and they might even need to do medical exam in order to be eligible to be sponsored later on or otherwise they might not even be let into the Canada.
Does anyone face the same issue? Can you please help?
1. No. He is NOT a dependent since he is over 22 years old. So he should not be listed as family. He cannot accompanying your parents.
2. No. Again he is NOT a dependent of your parents. So he is not consider as family. He however can be listed in the "additional family members from" (which only need general information like birthday and address).

There is no issue here at all. He is not considered as immediate family in term of Canada immigration. So he is not qualify to be sponsored anyway. No medical or security check will be done.

Here is the definition of dependent child:
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/glossary.asp#dependent_child

Last edited:

mrsamsumi

Apr 11, 2018
Hello, I got the invite to apply. I am hoping to sponsor my brother who is physically disabled (deaf) and is 29 years old. He's dependent on my parents financially and I think he should qualify as Type C dependent. But I am not sure if IRCC will see him as a dependent. In addition, would he be be medically inadmissible to Canada because of his disability. Looking for some advice on how I should go about this?

mazarin

Jul 29, 2015
i have not received any emails from IRCC. Has anyone received a letter stating that they are not selected? i received an email last year that I was not selected but nothing yet this year. Does this mean there will be a second round of picks?

YULIA-2016

Champion Member
Mar 4, 2015
Visa Office......
Warsaw
App. Filed.......
Jan.2016
AOR Received.
June 2016
File Transfer...
Jan.2017
Med's Request
First June 06-2017 from Warsaw ; Second 26 July 2018 from London
Med's Done....
Sep 27 2018
Passport Req..
DM Sep 29 2018, PPR Oct 01 2018
VISA ISSUED...
Oct 10 2018
i have not received any emails from IRCC. Has anyone received a letter stating that they are not selected?
no, to be sure check the list # selected

Mahg

Apr 11, 2018
1. No. He is NOT a dependent since he is over 22 years old. So he should not be listed as family. He cannot accompanying your parents.
2. No. Again he is NOT a dependent of your parents. So he is not consider as family. He however can be listed in the "additional family members from" (which only need general information like birthday and address).

There is no issue here at all. He is not considered as immediate family in term of Canada immigration. So he is not qualify to be sponsored anyway. No medical or security check will be done.

Here is the definition of dependent child:
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/glossary.asp#dependent_child
Thanks for the response

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Hello, I got the invite to apply. I am hoping to sponsor my brother who is physically disabled (deaf) and is 29 years old. He's dependent on my parents financially and I think he should qualify as Type C dependent. But I am not sure if IRCC will see him as a dependent. In addition, would he be be medically inadmissible to Canada because of his disability. Looking for some advice on how I should go about this?
Your brother will not qualify as a dependent. Deafness is not a disability that would require being a person to be dependent on their parents.

babybenz

Jan 26, 2018
i have not received any emails from IRCC. Has anyone received a letter stating that they are not selected? i received an email last year that I was not selected but nothing yet this year. Does this mean there will be a second round of picks?
For this year, IRCC would only send an email to the person who is selected. This is different than last year draw in which everyone who submitted the "Express of Interest" would receive an email which was either regret or invite.
You can also check on the CIC website for your confirmation number. If you find your number is on the list, that means you are selected and if you have not received any email until now, please do contact CIC as soon as possible. Otherwise, if you do not see your conf # on the list, that means you were not selected in this round.
The 2nd round of selection is ought to be happening this year 2018. It is possible if you can browse through the questions/comments that you read on this forum.
For those who are selected in this round, the deadline to submit the application is 25 May 2018. So, if there is any 2nd round, I guess it would be around end of June or beginning of July 2018
Good luck

anubhob

Mar 23, 2018
Canada
Hi all,
I need expert advice on this. In my documents (TRV, PR, Citizenship applications) my father's first name is "Mohammad" and the last name is "Abdul Haque". But in his passport the first name is "Mohammad Abdul" and the last name is "Haque". Basically in his passport, part of the last name was moved to the first name. I am wondering if it is okay to submit his application with the name as formatted in his passport (i.e., use the last name as "Haque" in the application forms). Or shall I try correct the name in the passport and use his names as formatted in my documents? Please provide your expert opinion on this. I do not have much time as I have to submit the application package by May 25th. Thanks.

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Hi all,
I need expert advice on this. In my documents (TRV, PR, Citizenship applications) my father's first name is "Mohammad" and the last name is "Abdul Haque". But in his passport the first name is "Mohammad Abdul" and the last name is "Haque". Basically in his passport, part of the last name was moved to the first name. I am wondering if it is okay to submit his application with the name as formatted in his passport (i.e., use the last name as "Haque" in the application forms). Or shall I try correct the name in the passport and use his names as formatted in my documents? Please provide your expert opinion on this. I do not have much time as I have to submit the application package by May 25th. Thanks.
As stated in the app, you need to use his name exactly as it is in his passport. If you think you can get a corrected passport by the deadline, then go ahead. Otherwise, include a letter of explanation. It's not a different name, so it won't be an issue.

jazz_swty

Star Member
Nov 11, 2013
A question - Form imm5748e:

3. Income sources - sponsor
My all incomes should be mentioned under (a) total income amount mentioned from your NOA(line 150) even if I received maternity benefits EI ? or will it go to different section?

Thanks.

sabujnil

Aug 30, 2012
Doing something for parents is a novel work and I am lucky to have the opportunity to sponsor them.

Fellow sponsors, please help me on the following queries:

1) Is the UCI number (10 digits) found right side of "FPC" and below "ONE" in the TRV (got in 2017)?
2) Do my parents need to provide employment certificate as a Government employee?
3) Can we put "N/A" for the level of jurisdiction [IMM 5669e, Question-8]?
4) Do I need to explain why my parents don't have National Identity Card although they are government employee?
5) My parents lost all documents regarding marriage. Recently, they register their marriage and got
Marriage certificate (English), Nikahnama (English) which has recent date but also mention about the original marriage date.
Is this a proper way or do they need to provide affidavit as mentioned in (https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/sharing-affidavit-wording-format-in-lieu-of-marriage-or-birth-certificate.553065/)?

Any other advice is most welcome.

Thank you in advance.