+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parents and Grandparents Sponsorship 2018

patiencewaiter

Nov 20, 2013
This is a great thread. I am sorry that I am so late to follow this thread.
I got selected to apply for 2018 PGP. I've started preparing applications. Now I have a few questions:
1. My parents don't have birth certificates and marriage certificate? My father told me he can manage to create one from the local Marriage office. However, I am not sure that would be okay or not. Would anyone tell me what is acceptable in this situation?
2. I am almost citizen here. When I applied I omitted to include my step-brother in my application. Now I am thinking to include him so that in future if my nephew/niece wants to visit Canada they can do it. Is it possible now given he was not in any information I provided so far? Or it would be better to not include him?
3. Do all the children have to fill-up and sign the IMM5406-Additional Family Info and Schedule A-Background Info?

I would appreciate your response. Thanks

seafay

Star Member
Mar 27, 2014
Just been told not only one person have that Application Received status from online after about 2 days of cic received the mail. It might be a new change for 2018.

Dec 14, 2014
I
I got selected to apply for 2018 PGP. I've started preparing applications. Now I have a few questions:
1. My parents don't have birth certificates and marriage certificate? My father told me he can manage to create one from the local Marriage office. However, I am not sure that would be okay or not. Would anyone tell me what is acceptable in this situation?
2. I am almost citizen here. When I applied I omitted to include my step-brother in my application. Now I am thinking to include him so that in future if my nephew/niece wants to visit Canada they can do it. Is it possible now given he was not in any information I provided so far? Or it would be better to not include him?
3. Do all the children have to fill-up and sign the IMM5406-Additional Family Info and Schedule A-Background Info?

I would appreciate your response. Thanks

1. https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/sharing-affidavit-wording-format-in-lieu-of-marriage-or-birth-certificate.553065/
2. I'm not a lawyer ( you probably should consult one) But If I was you, I would probably add him now and attach a letter explaining this mistake earlier, saying that you just realized that you should have him too on this form.

3. I was confused too. Checklist says "all family members" who are 18 and older while form help link says "only dependent" who are 18 or older.
So I followed checklist point and asked my independent 35 year old brother to fill it too. I think more is better than missing it.

From https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/application-forms-guides/complete-0008-5669.html
Note that You here means Principal applicant ( Not the sponsor)
Who must fill out this application form?
This form must be completed by:
  • you, the principal applicant;
  • your spouse or common-law partner (whether accompanying you to Canada or not), and
  • your dependent children aged 18 years or older (whether accompanying you to Canada or not).

risingstareyes

Mar 31, 2018

I would appreciate your response. Thanks[/QUOTE

1 dad and mom can always apply for the replacement docs from local goverments. You need to provise notarized copies to CIC if they are not in english or french

2 you did not include step brother when you applied ur citizenship? Did u apply when you applied PR? This can be misrepensetation if you inclide him now.

3 18+ needs to complete these forms

Apr 4, 2018
Guys,

Is the fees separate for each parent (Mother and Father)? or is it for each application (1 only for parents together)?

Fees $CAN
Sponsor your parent or grandparent

Sponsorship fee ($75), principal applicant processing fee ($475) and right of permanent residence fee ($490)

Sponsor your parent or grandparent (without the right of permanent residence fee)

Sponsorship fee ($75) and principal applicant processing fee ($475)

Include the spouse or partner of your parent or grandparent

Processing fee ($550) and right of permanent residence fee ($490)

Include the spouse or partner of your parent or grandparent (without the right of permanent residence fee)

Processing fee ($550)

Include a dependent child of your parent or grandparent 150(per child)

Let me know please, Thanks!

gst8486

Champion Member
Nov 5, 2011
You will be paying $1040 for each i.e. $2080 in total.

Guys,

Is the fees separate for each parent (Mother and Father)? or is it for each application (1 only for parents together)?

Fees $CAN
Sponsor your parent or grandparent

Sponsorship fee ($75), principal applicant processing fee ($475) and right of permanent residence fee ($490)

Sponsor your parent or grandparent (without the right of permanent residence fee)

Include the spouse or partner of your parent or grandparent

Processing fee ($550) and right of permanent residence fee ($490)

Include the spouse or partner of your parent or grandparent (without the right of permanent residence fee)

Processing fee ($550)

Include a dependent child of your parent or grandparent 150(per child)

Let me know please, Thanks!

patiencewaiter

Nov 20, 2013
I

1. https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/sharing-affidavit-wording-format-in-lieu-of-marriage-or-birth-certificate.553065/
2. I'm not a lawyer ( you probably should consult one) But If I was you, I would probably add him now and attach a letter explaining this mistake earlier, saying that you just realized that you should have him too on this form.

3. I was confused too. Checklist says "all family members" who are 18 and older while form help link says "only dependent" who are 18 or older.
So I followed checklist point and asked my independent 35 year old brother to fill it too. I think more is better than missing it.

From https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/application-forms-guides/complete-0008-5669.html
Note that You here means Principal applicant ( Not the sponsor)
Who must fill out this application form?
This form must be completed by:
  • you, the principal applicant;
  • your spouse or common-law partner (whether accompanying you to Canada or not), and
  • your dependent children aged 18 years or older (whether accompanying you to Canada or not).
Thanks for your quick reply.
Regarding Q3, I am really confused. In this forum and in CIC, a dependent child means who are financially dependent on you (i.e. my parent). Me, my brothers all are more than 25 years of age. I am in Canada, my elder (step-brother) one is married and independent. My younger brother is still financially dependent to my parents. I am confused that whether I should include him in IMM0008 or not?
Also in Schedule A form it says "The principal applicant, his/her spouse, if applicable, and all dependent children aged 18 years or older listed in the application for permanent residence must complete their own copy of this form" but in IMM5406, there is no mention that the dependent children should be listed in the application form. It is really confusing. Should I include my youngest brother in the IMM0008 as dependent and fill up IMM5406 for three of us and Schedule A only for him (not for mine/my elder brother)?

Apr 4, 2018
You will be paying $1040 for each i.e. $2080 in total.
Thanks for replying.

But Is it ok if I pay $550 each initially? Cause it says --

$550

gst8486

Champion Member
Nov 5, 2011
IRCC has recommended to pay the Application Fee + right of permanent residence fee ($550 +$490 = $1040) to avoid delays. But you do have the choice to pay $490 at later stage but it could delay the file (as highlighted by IRCC).

Thanks for replying.

But Is it ok if I pay $550 each initially? Cause it says --

$550

LAKEWOOD

Star Member
Oct 17, 2013
Hello forum members, I am sponsoring both my parents( mom and dad), for paying fees? do I need to provide a separate payment for both of them ($1040 each) or is it ok to pay $2080 in one receipt? Thanks

mohsin.ipr

Jun 24, 2011
I am sponsing my mom and dad both. my current family members are 3 (me, my wife, my daughter). my daiughter was born in 2017
in the form IMM5768 question 14, i am filling the family members as the following.

2018 jan to present family size 5
2017 jan to 2017 dec family size 5
2016 jan to 2016 dec family size 4
2015 jan to 2016 dec family size 4

This is a confused question for me.
Since my daugther was not born until 2017 so if i say 5 for 2016 and 2015 then it would not be correct.

Please advise

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Thanks for your quick reply.
Regarding Q3, I am really confused. In this forum and in CIC, a dependent child means who are financially dependent on you (i.e. my parent). Me, my brothers all are more than 25 years of age. I am in Canada, my elder (step-brother) one is married and independent. My younger brother is still financially dependent to my parents. I am confused that whether I should include him in IMM0008 or not?
Also in Schedule A form it says "The principal applicant, his/her spouse, if applicable, and all dependent children aged 18 years or older listed in the application for permanent residence must complete their own copy of this form" but in IMM5406, there is no mention that the dependent children should be listed in the application form. It is really confusing. Should I include my youngest brother in the IMM0008 as dependent and fill up IMM5406 for three of us and Schedule A only for him (not for mine/my elder brother)?
I suggest you review the full definition of dependent child. Your brothers do not qualify and cannot be included in the application.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/glossary.asp#dependent_child

Rob_TO

VIP Member
Nov 7, 2012
Toronto
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Seoul, Korea
App. Filed.......
13-07-2012
AOR Received.
18-08-2012
File Transfer...
21-08-2012
Med's Done....
Sent with App
Passport Req..
N/R - Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
30-10-2012
LANDED..........
16-11-2012
I am sponsing my mom and dad both. my current family members are 3 (me, my wife, my daughter). my daiughter was born in 2017
in the form IMM5768 question 14, i am filling the family members as the following.

2018 jan to present family size 5
2017 jan to 2017 dec family size 5
2016 jan to 2016 dec family size 4
2015 jan to 2016 dec family size 4

This is a confused question for me.
Since my daugther was not born until 2017 so if i say 5 for 2016 and 2015 then it would not be correct.

Please advise
The only family size IRCC cares about, and that you can enter calculations for, is family as of today (when you do the application). They do not care about family size in previous years that doesn't reflect your current situation.

So your family size is 5 in all previous year.