+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parents and Grandparents Sponsorship 2018

canadavisa2018

Star Member
Jan 4, 2018
Thank you very much! May I ask why please? It missing info may delay he process, so I’m thinking send the update to them before they ask may reduce the delay? But I might be wrong. Thanks again!
Wait for wehn they ask. Reason is. You don't have AOR or any in progress application to send information against. Sending individual form or update form cannot be applied when there is no application. That will only confuse the department who receive documents.

canadavisa2018

Star Member
Jan 4, 2018
Couple of questions Guys
1.Do we need to get original signature of parents on the forms. I believe answer is yes, but still want to confirm. In that case, I would need to send completed form then they will sign in and probably courier it.
2. What Can I submit as alternate to Birth certificate and Marriage certificate, My parents dont have any of them. I just want to be sure that with application, I can submit all required documents.

3.I just started looking through forms, any thing else needed from parents side ?
1.passport size pictures.
2.Xerox of there passports
3.original signatures form
Pictures are not pasport size. They are 70mm * 50mm. Please check guide.

seafay

Star Member
Mar 27, 2014
Wait for wehn they ask. Reason is. You don't have AOR or any in progress application to send information against. Sending individual form or update form cannot be applied when there is no application. That will only confuse the department who receive documents.
Thank you! Then another question is that will it be considered as misinterpretation or hiding information? I thought I can use Uci and other info to help them to find this application. Is there any chance that they don’t ask for it and refuse it directly?

canadavisa2018

Star Member
Jan 4, 2018
Thank you! Then another question is that will it be considered as misinterpretation or hiding information? I thought I can use Uci and other info to help them to find this application. Is there any chance that they don’t ask for it and refuse it directly?
For Q6: they can know visit to Canada. Can interpret it as misinterpretation. But not so serious offence
For Q7: if there is affiliations with some organizations. This will be hiding the information.

I still recommend wait to update application untill you gets AOR. It will be still in time because first they only do sponsor eligibility test in Mississauga and latter send application to respective visa office for processing. There is lot of time between step-1 and step-2. Applications can be updated easily against AOR.

OTHERWISE call CIC and see what they recommend.

seafay

Star Member
Mar 27, 2014
For Q6: they can know visit to Canada. Can interpret it as misinterpretation. But not so serious offence
For Q7: if there is affiliations with some organizations. This will be hiding the information.

I still recommend wait to update application untill you gets AOR. It will be still in time because first they only do sponsor eligibility test in Mississauga and latter send application to respective visa office for processing. There is lot of time between step-1 and step-2. Applications can be updated easily against AOR.

OTHERWISE call CIC and see what they recommend.
Thank you very much! Sorry it’s not Q7 it’s some of the addresses shorter than 6 months in Canada missing. Thank you for your detailed explanation!

risingstareyes

Mar 31, 2018
T
Thank you very much! May I ask why please? It missing info may delay he process, so I’m thinking send the update to them before they ask may reduce the delay? But I might be wrong. Thanks again!
they will not able to track your second (Corrected) form as staffs will be confused. I would wait until they issue an "Additional information request letter"first then you just follow their instructions.

Sagar5187

Star Member
Nov 6, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Missisuaga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
March 2012
Med's Done....
Feb 2012
Interview........
Oct 2012 (rejected) went for Appeal (ADR)
Passport Req..
July 2012
I am sponsoring my parents

For forms IMM5406 , i dont have birth date of my deceased grand parents. I do have their deceased date. what information should i put in the forms.
Also need their date in IMM5669

Also for form IMM5768, it ask for income from current company to till date, so should we enter the amount earned for this year, and if yes can we just roughly put the amount for first 3 months of salary.

Also my parents are here on supervisa, so should i used the UCI number starting from VXXXXX . Or can i leave it blanks?

gst8486

Champion Member
Nov 5, 2011
Wow!
They updated the system so quickly?! I will take it as a good sign.
Quick Questions: For checking file status, who's information (Client ID, Last Name etc.) you put in the ECAS website, yours or your parents?

Hello All,

Do we have any spreadsheet?

My ecas got updated for app received today. I sent on April 4, 2018.

seafay

Star Member
Mar 27, 2014
So they updated it quickly, does it mean you have a file number already? Or it’s the next step?
Wow!
Quick Questions: For checking file status, who's information (Client ID, Last Name etc.) you put in the ECAS website, yours or your parents?

smartcanadian

Star Member
Oct 21, 2016
Wow!
Yes they updated rather quickly. I put my UCI and info

Reactions: gst8486