+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parents and Grandparents Sponsorship 2018

gst8486

Champion Member
Nov 5, 2011
if any one plz guide me i am confused about imm 5768 question no 14 family size
we need to put 3 (me,my wife, my child)
or we need pu 5 (my mom,my dad whom i am sponcering) for last three years
You need to put the family size as 5 (you, your wife, child, your mom & dad)

Har_hi

Mar 19, 2018
You need to put the family size as 5 (you, your wife, child, your mom & dad)
Hi Guys,
I have a question regarding the same situation.Me and my wife are sponsoring my mom under parental sponsorship but we got married in 2016. What family size I should put for year 2015?I am breaking up the 3 consecutive years yearly.

2015- 2
2016- 3
2017- 3

thanks....

gst8486

Champion Member
Nov 5, 2011
Hi Guys,
I have a question regarding the same situation.Me and my wife are sponsoring my mom under parental sponsorship but we got married in 2016. What family size I should put for year 2015?I am breaking up the 3 consecutive years yearly.

2015- 2
2016- 3
2017- 3

thanks....
That's correct numbers for your family size.

gladaki

Champion Member
Jul 15, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-11-2013
AOR Received.
30-12-2013
IELTS Request
submitted with application
Med's Done....
Upfront on 29th April..Updated on Ecas on 26th May
Passport Req..
11-07-2014
VISA ISSUED...
17-07-2014
LANDED..........
20-07-2014
Couple of questions Guys
1.Do we need to get original signature of parents on the forms. I believe answer is yes, but still want to confirm. In that case, I would need to send completed form then they will sign in and probably courier it.
2. What Can I submit as alternate to Birth certificate and Marriage certificate, My parents dont have any of them. I just want to be sure that with application, I can submit all required documents.

3.I just started looking through forms, any thing else needed from parents side ?
1.passport size pictures.
2.Xerox of there passports
3.original signatures form

Last edited:

gst8486

Champion Member
Nov 5, 2011
Couple of questions Guys
1.Do we need to get original signature of parents on the forms. I believe answer is yes, but still want to confirm. In that case, I would need to send completed form then they will sign in and probably courier it.
YES, original signatures of parents is required. No scanned forms are accepted by IRCC.

2. What Can I submit as alternate to Birth certificate and Marriage certificate, My parents dont have any of them. I just want to be sure that with application, I can submit all required documents.
Your parents Birth Cert will not be required, for Marriage Cert, they can provide an affidavit as an alternate document, also I will suggest to provide an explanation letter in the application package explaining the reason behind unavailability of Marriage Cert.

3.I just started looking through forms, any thing else needed from parents side ?
1.passport size pictures.
2.Xerox of there passports
3.original signatures form
4. Affidavit for Marriage
5. Explanation Letter

Mandeep B

Apr 5, 2018
Hello
Have anyone recieved an email if their application have not been selected? As it was mentioned that everyone will get a response even if the application will be selected or not.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
I got an invite to sponsor my parents but have few questions. I have a 30yr old brother who is dependent on my parents as he has MS. When I filled the invite form, I didnt mention about him. So is it ok if I add him as a dependent? Or will they reject the application? Also, my parents don't have marriage and birth certificates. How do we go about them? Some guidance will be appreciated. Thank you'll in advance.
Unfortunately your brother likely does not qualify for sponsorship. Has your brother ever had a job? The dependent clause is really for children that have been ill or who have intellectual disabilities since they were minors. If his MS is at the point where he is unable to support himself he would likely be medically inadmissible and would make your parents inadmissible.

Rob_TO

VIP Member
Nov 7, 2012
Toronto
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Seoul, Korea
App. Filed.......
13-07-2012
AOR Received.
18-08-2012
File Transfer...
21-08-2012
Med's Done....
Sent with App
Passport Req..
N/R - Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
30-10-2012
LANDED..........
16-11-2012
Hi Guys,

2015- 2
2016- 3
2017- 3

thanks....
Your family size is only calculated based on today, so that is 3 for all years:
2015 - 3
2016 - 3
2017 - 3

This assumes just you + wife + 1 parent. So you have no kids, and your mother is not married/common-law with anyone.

Apr 4, 2018
Unfortunately your brother likely does not qualify for sponsorship. Has your brother ever had a job? The dependent clause is really for children that have been ill or who have intellectual disabilities since they were minors. If his MS is at the point where he is unable to support himself he would likely be medically inadmissible and would make your parents inadmissible.
Yes he has had few jobs. His MS isn't bad for now but you know it's always gonna be there. Why would he be inadmissible if he is unable to support himself? Please clarify.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Yes he has had few jobs. His MS isn't bad for now but you know it's always gonna be there. Why would he be inadmissible if he is unable to support himself? Please clarify.
He doesn't meet the definition of a dependent.

Dependent children

Your child or the child of your spouse or common-law partner can be considered a dependent child if that child meets the requirements below on the day we receive your complete application:

• They’re under 22 years old, and
  • They don’t have a spouse or common-law partner
Children 22 years old or older qualify as dependants if they meet both of these requirements:

• They have depended on their parents for financial support since before the age of 22, and
  • They are unable to financially support themselves because of a mental or physical condition
Dependants must continue to meet these requirements until they enter Canada.

seafay

Star Member
Mar 27, 2014
PLEASE HELP ME!
Hi I have mailed out the application yesterday, but today I found I didn't fill out the IMM5669 correctly. For the personal activities Q6 I only listed the employed and retired info for my parents (no gaps), but didn't list their visits to me. And for Q7 I should read the instructions more carefully!! Now should I mail out the altered form right away like within 2 or 3 days, or should I wait until I get something like application or number or wait for any emails? Anyone know will they reject my application please? I checked many times I didn't miss any documents or signatures.

Thank you ahead for any answers!

risingstareyes

Mar 31, 2018
PLEASE HELP ME!
Hi I have mailed out the application yesterday, but today I found I didn't fill out the IMM5669 correctly. For the personal activities Q6 I only listed the employed and retired info for my parents (no gaps), but didn't list their visits to me. And for Q7 I should read the instructions more carefully!! Now should I mail out the altered form right away like within 2 or 3 days, or should I wait until I get something like application or number or wait for any emails? Anyone know will they reject my application please? I checked many times I didn't miss any documents or signatures.

Thank you ahead for any answers!
Wait until they Inform you