+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parents and Grandparents Sponsorship 2018

risingstareyes

Mar 31, 2018
For parents signature I assume we can send them the forms through email and they can send us back scanned copy including their signatures. As we need to send physical package to CIC is scanned signature fine from parents ?
Original signed forms are requires

Serenity03

Oct 16, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Nov. 4, 2014
AOR Received.
Dec. 19, 2014 / Aug. 27, 2015
Med's Done....
January 8, 2016
Do you guys recommend to type the name and date in all of the signature section or hand written will do? Im aware that Schedule A is very strict, you have to type the name and signature on the side.

GILL1445

Feb 6, 2017
I think wrtting is ok
  • If you are filling it out on the computer: in the signature section, type your name and select the date using the date selection tool. Then, print out the form and sign in writing (provide your original handwritten signature) next to your name in the signature box. If you do not sign and date the form according to these instructions, it will not be accepted and will be returned to you.

Reactions: gst8486

razerblade

VIP Member
Feb 21, 2014
  • If you are filling it out on the computer: in the signature section, type your name and select the date using the date selection tool. Then, print out the form and sign in writing (provide your original handwritten signature) next to your name in the signature box. If you do not sign and date the form according to these instructions, it will not be accepted and will be returned to you.
The guide imposes that condition only for Schedule A, as far as I know.

risingstareyes

Mar 31, 2018
Tjis is 100% correct answer

GILL1445

Feb 6, 2017
if any one plz guide me i am confused about imm 5768 question no 14 family size
we need to put 3 (me,my wife, my child)
or we need pu 5 (my mom,my dad whom i am sponcering) for last three years

Apr 4, 2018
I got an invite to sponsor my parents but have few questions. I have a 30yr old brother who is dependent on my parents as he has MS. When I filled the invite form, I didnt mention about him. So is it ok if I add him as a dependent? Or will they reject the application? Also, my parents don't have marriage and birth certificates. How do we go about them? Some guidance will be appreciated. Thank you'll in advance.

razerblade

VIP Member
Feb 21, 2014
I got an invite to sponsor my parents but have few questions. I have a 30yr old brother who is dependent on my parents as he has MS. When I filled the invite form, I didnt mention about him. So is it ok if I add him as a dependent? Or will they reject the application? Also, my parents don't have marriage and birth certificates. How do we go about them? Some guidance will be appreciated. Thank you'll in advance.
I think to truthfully fill out the application, you would need to list your brother as a dependent (whether accompanying or not). Is he single or married ?

Parent's birth certificate is needed if you're sponsoring your grandparents as well. As for marriage certificate, some people claimed that they submitted an affidavit, and it was accepted. Not sure if the same would apply to birth certificates.

canadavisa2018

Star Member
Jan 4, 2018
if any one plz guide me i am confused about imm 5768 question no 14 family size
we need to put 3 (me,my wife, my child)
or we need pu 5 (my mom,my dad whom i am sponcering) for last three years
Refer guide. There is only 1 calculation given for family size. According to that you have to count 5.

Apr 4, 2018
I think to truthfully fill out the application, you would need to list your brother as a dependent (whether accompanying or not). Is he single or married ?

Parent's birth certificate is needed if you're sponsoring your grandparents as well. As for marriage certificate, some people claimed that they submitted an affidavit, and it was accepted. Not sure if the same would apply to birth certificates.
No he isn't married but I would like to sponsor him as well under dependent. Would that be possible?
Will an affidavit work for birth certificate? I'm not sponsoring my grandparents. Can someone help with this?

oaw

Star Member
Jul 9, 2014
Since they drew more than 10K spots, there may not be a 2nd round this year.
Yes its true,
they draw 15K
below is total from there website search tool

First Digit Lucky winners
0 1467
1 1533
2 1548
3 1545
4 1484
5 1495
6 1470
7 1543
8 1499
9 1416
Total 15000

pjfen

Apr 5, 2018
i am applying to sponsor my parents this year (i was invited to apply). My father has the better job and makes more money than my mum in the UK. Should he be the primary applicant because of this? Is income/employment a consideration of whether they will be approved or not? The only problem is, he is not my biological father, but has been married to my mum for over 20 years, would that be a problem? This is all so confusing.... i wish i could talk to someone on the phone as i realise what a great opportunity this is and i don't want to screw it up!!

Rob_TO

VIP Member
Nov 7, 2012
Toronto
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Seoul, Korea
App. Filed.......
13-07-2012
AOR Received.
18-08-2012
File Transfer...
21-08-2012
Med's Done....
Sent with App
Passport Req..
N/R - Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
30-10-2012
LANDED..........
16-11-2012
i am applying to sponsor my parents this year (i was invited to apply). My father has the better job and makes more money than my mum in the UK. Should he be the primary applicant because of this? Is income/employment a consideration of whether they will be approved or not? The only problem is, he is not my biological father, but has been married to my mum for over 20 years, would that be a problem? This is all so confusing.... i wish i could talk to someone on the phone as i realise what a great opportunity this is and i don't want to screw it up!!
Parents' income/savings is completely irrelevant.

You MUST sponsor your mother as primary applicant, and her spouse will be a dependent.