+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parents and Grandparents Sponsorship 2018

jackiecly

Apr 9, 2017
You would only include them in family size, if they were sponsored and you you were a co-signer for them, or your spouse will be a co-signer on your app, and the undertaking is still in effect.
yes they were sponsored. so when I do my application, the number of my family size will be parents in law+my husband+me + my children + my own parents?

lolacika

Mar 20, 2018
The 5482 is a generic income table for sponsoring other family members. It doesn't apply to parents. None of the parents pages linked to this form, so not sure why you were using it.

The 5772 one is the specific guide to parents. This is the only you should have followed. Plus when you entered the lottery, it very clearly displayed the income required for parents specifically.

Regular EI does not count.
See here: https://www.canada.ca/content/dam/ircc/migration/ircc/english/pdf/kits/forms/imm5748e.pdf
3. INCOME SOURCES - SPONSOR
You need to subtract: (e) Amounts Paid under Employment Insurance Act, other than special benefits

Special benefits are maternity leave or due to sickness. Regular EI must be subtracted fom your income do doesn't count to LICO
http://laws-lois.justice.gc.ca/eng/acts/E-5.6/page-6.html#h-14

Hi,

Thank you for your answer! My husband was part of the time on parental leave and part on EI. Is parental leave considered as income.....How do I find out how much is EI since the tax assessment does not specifically says it.

Thank you!

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Hi,

Thank you for your answer! My husband was part of the time on parental leave and part on EI. Is parental leave considered as income.....How do I find out how much is EI since the tax assessment does not specifically says it.

Thank you!
Parental EI counts. Regular EI doesn't. He needs to look at his EI statements to figure it out.

Reactions: nayr69sg

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Guys, quick question here. For the forms that says " all dependant children aged 18 years or older listed in the application for permanent residence must complete their OWN COPY OF THIS FORM"

What does it mean? Specifically referring to imm5669 (schedule A) and imm5406 (additional family information). Does the person being sponsored need to fill the form or his spouse and children over 18 needs to fill the forms individually as well?

Btw do we have a whatsapp group?
It means that everyone included in the app who is aged 18 or over needs to fill out their own.

Rob_TO

VIP Member
Nov 7, 2012
Toronto
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Seoul, Korea
App. Filed.......
13-07-2012
AOR Received.
18-08-2012
File Transfer...
21-08-2012
Med's Done....
Sent with App
Passport Req..
N/R - Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
30-10-2012
LANDED..........
16-11-2012
why my parents in law still counted? I don't quite understand as they finished immigration process.
If in-laws were sponsored and are under the undertaking period (10 years under old rules or 20 years in new rules) they must be included in family size.

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/application-forms-guides/guide-5772-application-sponsor-parents-grandparents.html
How to calculate the family size?

3. Count the number of persons covered by other valid undertakings you have made or co-signed in the past.

4. If you have a co-signer, count all persons covered by still valid undertakings made or co-signed by your co-signer

jackiecly

Apr 9, 2017
If in-laws were sponsored and are under the undertaking period (10 years under old rules or 20 years in new rules) they must be included in family size.

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/application-forms-guides/guide-5772-application-sponsor-parents-grandparents.html

3. Count the number of persons covered by other valid undertakings you have made or co-signed in the past.

4. If you have a co-signer, count all persons covered by still valid undertakings made or co-signed by your co-signer
ok that

you are very helpful. thanks alot

Reactions: nayr69sg

Rayyy

Star Member
Aug 1, 2017
It means that everyone included in the app who is aged 18 or over needs to fill out their own.
Basically my sister is sponsoring my father and mother, in this case only my father (principal applicant) and my mother needs to fill these forms right?

PzSingh

Star Member
Feb 23, 2018
India
Category........
FAM
You will be starting the application process from scratch. You cannot retrieve the 2014 application. The first step will be to enter the 2018 lottery and hope you are selected.
Hi Scylla ..... my son is going to sponsor us (parents) in 2019 - missed 2 sponsor us this year - 2018 ...... he has requisite income fulfils all criteria - ..... the cic site say they are processing applications recd in 2014 ..... 1..... what processing time can we expect ..... 2.... does having high income much above threshold level affect processing time like say some quotas or preferences etc ...... 3.... can an application submitted in 2019 take precedence over applications submitted in previous years ..... thanks and regards