+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parents and Grandparents Sponsorship 2018

nayr69sg

Champion Member
Apr 13, 2017
In the end the lottery is the system we have now. So we have to work with it and within the confines of the rules of the game (literal lottery) right now.

That doesn't mean every one of us should be happy and agree with the change to the lottery system.

I am surprised not more people have come out to criticize the lottery system on this forum.

nayr69sg

Champion Member
Apr 13, 2017
Oh yes, because you can make that judgment about me from my post...
You threw the first salvo to make it personal. Not me. As if you knew the circumstances in which my family migrated here.

With all the discussions thus far, you're the first to go personal and target an individual in attacks. And that's disappointing.

Rob_TO

VIP Member
Nov 7, 2012
Toronto
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Seoul, Korea
App. Filed.......
13-07-2012
AOR Received.
18-08-2012
File Transfer...
21-08-2012
Med's Done....
Sent with App
Passport Req..
N/R - Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
30-10-2012
LANDED..........
16-11-2012
I agree. This is the reality. Making it a lottery allows those with less resources and capabilities a better chance for sure.

However I disagree with Rob_TO when one moment he argues that PGP is a privilege. And then he talks about equal access.

You gotta decide which way it is. Often privilege is distributed based on merit less so through equal access. Unlike rights.

You're confusing people with the double speak.
Again you don't seem to understand the terms, as people getting equal access to a privilege is perfectly fine. One does not exclude the other.The program itself is a privilege since nobody in Canada has a "right" to sponsor their parents or other family members.

A privilege like this given by the government, can then be allocated equal access to all Canadians that qualify (meet LICO). This is very simple so I do not know why you're so confused.

Again, go start a new thread to debate the government's handling of PGP program, as this thread is getting derailed so is the last comment I'll make on this topic.

Reactions: kcward7

nayr69sg

Champion Member
Apr 13, 2017
Again, go start a new thread to debate the government's handling of PGP program, as this thread is getting derailed so is the last comment I'll make on this topic.
Fair enough. I will stop discussing this here. Perhaps you should change the title thread to reflect properly what you only want discussed here. Oh I forgot, you weren't the thread starter......

YVR123

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2017
We (my hubby) submitted his interest to sponsor form for his mom.

If this isn't a lottery system, we would wait a few more years before we apply to sponsor her. But it seems like a good idea to start earlier now.

Fingers crossed!

nayr69sg

Champion Member
Apr 13, 2017
We (my hubby) submitted his interest to sponsor form for his mom.

If this isn't a lottery system, we would wait a few more years before we apply to sponsor her. But it seems like a good idea to start earlier now.

Fingers crossed!
Why would you have to wait a few more years if not for the lottery?

Abhi098

Star Member
Oct 21, 2016
Please stop! I understand everyone should be able to voice their opinions, but be cautious of what you say! Words hurt more than you can imagine! Family reunification is for families, and "families" may include anyone who one believes to be their family. You, yourself cannot define or prioritize the family members for to be considered for immigration. Some are more attached to their spouse or children and some to their parents or grandparents.

And please stop playing the card that parents & grandparents are burden on healthcare system! Based on our lifestyles, it feels like we are ourselves more so going to be leading paths of unhealthy lives than our elderly.

Everyone deserves the best, and hence they should all get at least an opportunity to meet their best!

Kindly keep this forum aimed more so towards helping each other :)

Reactions: nayr69sg

dustincarlisle

Apr 30, 2014
Canada
Hello,

Good Morning!
My income and so as my husband's when combined will be enough to sponsor my parents. Our family size is 3 (I have a Son), so family unit will be 5.

I have a question. Because I have plans of getting my brother as a caregiver this year for my Son, I will be his employer. Will this have an effect on my sponsorship application if ever we get lucky and got picked this year in the draw?

Thank you to those who will reply.

Rob_TO

VIP Member
Nov 7, 2012
Toronto
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Seoul, Korea
App. Filed.......
13-07-2012
AOR Received.
18-08-2012
File Transfer...
21-08-2012
Med's Done....
Sent with App
Passport Req..
N/R - Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
30-10-2012
LANDED..........
16-11-2012
Hello,

Good Morning!
My income and so as my husband's when combined will be enough to sponsor my parents. Our family size is 3 (I have a Son), so family unit will be 5.

I have a question. Because I have plans of getting my brother as a caregiver this year for my Son, I will be his employer. Will this have an effect on my sponsorship application if ever we get lucky and got picked this year in the draw?

Thank you to those who will reply.
Does your brother actually have the necessary education/recent work experience, to qualify as a caregiver? His application and perhaps your LMIA app will be more heavily scrutinized since the employer will be his family member.

However even if he's successful and comes with a work visa, that will not count to your family size.

dustincarlisle

Apr 30, 2014
Canada
Does your brother actually have the necessary education/recent work experience, to qualify as a caregiver? His application will be more heavily scrutinized since the employer will be his family member.

However even if he's successful and comes with a work visa, that will not count to your family size.
Hi Rob_TO,
Thank you for your reply. My brother is very well qualified as a caregiver, he is a nursing graduate, a registered nurse and has experience in child care. I understand that the process of getting him here will be hard, and I will accept whatever will be the verdict on his soon-to-be work permit application (I still have to apply for LMIA).

I am somehow glad that he is not counted in the family size :)

YVR123

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2017
Why would you have to wait a few more years if not for the lottery?
I don't HAVE to wait. We may have waited.

She is still young (relatively) and is still working and having an active social life back in home town.
But since we don't know how many times we needed to enter the lottery to get picked, we want to start sooner than later.

Reactions: nayr69sg

nayr69sg

Champion Member
Apr 13, 2017
I don't HAVE to wait. We may have waited.

She is still young (relatively) and is still working and having an active social life back in home town.
But since we don't know how many times we needed to enter the lottery to get picked, we want to start sooner than later.
Good to hear your mum is healthy and active. It does seem that with the lottery, it increases the number of applicants to the pool as shown in your case. That makes it harder for those who ARE ready to come to Canada to get a spot.

YVR123

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2017
Good to hear your mum is healthy and active. It does seem that with the lottery, it increases the number of applicants to the pool as shown in your case. That makes it harder for those who ARE ready to come to Canada to get a spot.
She is ready to come if she got her PR approved. And we are qualified and meet all the requirements to apply.
If it's the old first come first serve system, we would likely travel to where the package can be delivered to the office. And make sure that we get the package courier in.