+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parents and Grandparents Sponsorship 2018

Pearl1

Mar 9, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Did you said you are "going to pay your immigration consultant",
my suggestion would be to win the lottery first, I hope you are lucky, once you win the lottery then go an pay your consultant for case processing.
Sorry if I misunderstood your point.
i understand what you are saying.

i meant before i paid any consultant to find out if i am eligible (to combine the incomes) i thought it's a good idea to check out here. :)

Rob_TO

VIP Member
Nov 7, 2012
Toronto
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Seoul, Korea
App. Filed.......
13-07-2012
AOR Received.
18-08-2012
File Transfer...
21-08-2012
Med's Done....
Sent with App
Passport Req..
N/R - Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
30-10-2012
LANDED..........
16-11-2012
Thank you !

Our accountant was saying since your previous NOA would say "single" for marital status, so these NOAs can't be used for sponsorship with a co-signer (means we can't combine our income for when we were single). I wanted to check here before I go out and pay an immigration consultant.
Your accountant is wrong. Don't take immigration advice from an accountant.

The only status that matters is that when you actually submit the app. As long as you're common-law/married at time app is submitted, and co-signer is a PR/citizen, then both incomes can be used to meet LICO going back 3 years.

What each of your status was in previous 3 tax years is completely irrelevant.

You can certainly pay a consultant for another opinion, but rest assured this is correct.

sachin1575

May 9, 2014
Hi I make this thread because I am planning to sponsor my mother on 2018. Hopefully everyone can help each other until the process succeed.
i am going to apply for my mother also.
what info they ask when you fill up the draw? any idea?

sachin1575

May 9, 2014
Hi

There is no fee to enter the lottery. As for what information will be needed or whether any documents are required, that remains to be seen. IRCC screwed up the last lottery by not asking for any qualifying information in the entry form, which allowed thousands, if not tens of thousands, of ineligible people to enter. Hopefully they will learn from that mistake and the entry form will be a lot more specific.
do you have any idea? what info they will ask on the lotter form?

razerblade

VIP Member
Feb 21, 2014
If it's the same as last year, which I hope it's not, they'll ask for name, address, phone number, and email. I hope they improve the forms to add some eligibility related questions to make sure only actually eligible applicants can enter the draw.

As always, please read the guide to make sure you're eligible to sponsor before filling out the lottery form. At the very least you need 3 years worth of income tax filings and need to satisfy a minimum income for your family size (for each of the 3 years).

Details in the guide:

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/application-forms-guides/guide-5772-application-sponsor-parents-grandparents.html

sachin1575

May 9, 2014
If it's the same as last year, which I hope it's not, they'll ask for name, address, phone number, and email. I hope they improve the forms to add some eligibility related questions to make sure only actually eligible applicants can enter the draw.

As always, please read the guide to make sure you're eligible to sponsor before filling out the lottery form. At the very least you need 3 years worth of income tax filings and need to satisfy a minimum income for your family size (for each of the 3 years).

Details in the guide:

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/application-forms-guides/guide-5772-application-sponsor-parents-grandparents.html
i have income available. suppose if there is a change in draw , what docs you are going to prepare while filling a draw form

Rob_TO

VIP Member
Nov 7, 2012
Toronto
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Seoul, Korea
App. Filed.......
13-07-2012
AOR Received.
18-08-2012
File Transfer...
21-08-2012
Med's Done....
Sent with App
Passport Req..
N/R - Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
30-10-2012
LANDED..........
16-11-2012
Just wait a few more days and the forms will be released. No point in guessing.

Reactions: jpfyoung

razerblade

VIP Member
Feb 21, 2014
i have income available. suppose if there is a change in draw , what docs you are going to prepare while filling a draw form
IRCC is giving us a month to fill out the lottery form. I will wait and see what the form looks like, read the new guide when it's available, only then decide how to proceed.

sachin1575

May 9, 2014
IRCC is giving us a month to fill out the lottery form. I will wait and see what the form looks like, read the new guide when it's available, only then decide how to proceed.
I would suggest you not to wait please.. i heard this applications filled up in 1 day..

razerblade

VIP Member
Feb 21, 2014
I would suggest you not to wait please.. i heard this applications filled up in 1 day..
That's not the case anymore. It used to get filled up when it was first come first serve, now after the lottery implementation, IRCC gives us a month to express interest that we want to sponsor. They give us a month to fill the lottery form, which has no quota. After the month is up, then IRCC will draw 10,000 applicants from the lottery, and ask them to fill out the application form. There is absolutely no reason to rush anymore.

sachin1575

May 9, 2014
That's not the case anymore. It used to get filled up when it was first come first serve, now after the lottery implementation, IRCC gives us a month to express interest that we want to sponsor. They give us a month to fill the lottery form, which has no quota. After the month is up, then IRCC will draw 10,000 applicants from the lottery, and ask them to fill out the application form. There is absolutely no reason to rush anymore.
oh this is best as compared to previous system.

10years montreal

Dec 29, 2017
Hello,
I want to sponsor my parents.My husband is going to be a co-signor. He had a big income for many years, but he was laid off in 2016 and found
a new job only in 2017.So, he had a big income for 2014, 2015 and almost nothing for 2016
Does anybody know if we we will be eligible?

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hello,
I want to sponsor my parents.My husband is going to be a co-signor. He had a big income for many years, but he was laid off in 2016 and found
a new job only in 2017.So, he had a big income for 2014, 2015 and almost nothing for 2016
Does anybody know if we we will be eligible?
If both of your incomes don't meet LICO for your family size for 2016 you will not qualify for this year. It will likely be a couple of years until you qualify.