+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parents and Grandparents Sponsorship 2018

Shabi_2018

Sep 21, 2019
I have a question about landing process. My parents plan to fly to Toronto and with a connection flight to St. John's, NL (that's where they intend to live).
I was wondering will they go through landing process in Toronto or in their final destination? I appreciate any information on this.

aajassani

Star Member
May 2, 2016
Any way to check if Passport has been received by Ottawa for visa stamping ?
I have sent passports 2 weeks ago, but MYCIC online status still says "additional document requested from you to process your application"
how much time they take to return the passports back ?

iris_lf

Star Member
Dec 7, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Beijing
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-12-2013
AOR Received.
08-01-2014
File Transfer...
20-01-2014
Med's Done....
20-09-2013
Passport Req..
25-03-2014
VISA ISSUED...
13-04-2014
Anybody know how long it takes for CIC to update the status from medical requested to medical received? We got the medical request on Sep 23rd and went for the medical exam on Oct 9th...No medical received status yet...

parpr2018

Star Member
Sep 18, 2019
I have a question about landing process. My parents plan to fly to Toronto and with a connection flight to St. John's, NL (that's where they intend to live).
I was wondering will they go through landing process in Toronto or in their final destination? I appreciate any information on this.
It will on the first port of entry.. i.e. where they will go through immigration for entering Canada (doesnt matter if they are landing immigrant or Visitor).. the first immigration check-point.
For your case it would be Toronto as their first port of entry is Toronto and they will go through immigration there.

parpr2018

Star Member
Sep 18, 2019
Anybody know how long it takes for CIC to update the status from medical requested to medical received? We got the medical request on Sep 23rd and went for the medical exam on Oct 9th...No medical received status yet...
it usually takes few days for them... in my case it was about 5 days after medical done.

Reactions: iris_lf

ankz001

Sep 21, 2017
Hello all,
I am a 2019 applicant and since you guys have more experience, IRCC has asked me for Government service details form to be submitted.
Does somebody know which one it is? Is it schedule A background? Or a self created word document?

curious205

Mar 20, 2018
Hello all,
I am a 2019 applicant and since you guys have more experience, IRCC has asked me for Government service details form to be submitted.
Does somebody know which one it is? Is it schedule A background? Or a self created word document?
That'd be IMM5669 Schedule A - Background Declaration. Make sure you fill in at the appropriate places (i.e government services means civilian positions). If there is a political affiliation or membership in certain organizations, you need to declare them separately. I'm sure you know this already. I just thought I'd remind of you it because I've seen people filling it out incorrectly and had to resend them form again. It just takes more time and cause delay in processing your application.

If the form does not provide sufficient space for you to fill it in, you can attach your own document to the form.

Reactions: YVR123 and ankz001

shanaya

Star Member
Jan 2, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hey guys, a few questions I need help with:
  • can we submit renewed passport submitted using the web-form?
  • what's the process for requesting GCMS notes? And when is it considered appropriate to request these notes.
I would appreciate any advice. Thanks much.

Marja8

Aug 30, 2018
BC
Category........
FAM
Hi just curious only want is your status to your PRINCIPAL APPLICANT side to ecas? Thanks
Principal applicant ecas shows "Your application is in progress...".

No PP request yet. Only an email on Sept 25 saying that file was transferred to the visa office in Manila. No further message or update as of yet.

Last edited:

nonamejustfame

May 10, 2019
That'd be IMM5669 Schedule A - Background Declaration. Make sure you fill in at the appropriate places (i.e government services means civilian positions). If there is a political affiliation or membership in certain organizations, you need to declare them separately. I'm sure you know this already. I just thought I'd remind of you it because I've seen people filling it out incorrectly and had to resend them form again. It just takes more time and cause delay in processing your application.

If the form does not provide sufficient space for you to fill it in, you can attach your own document to the form.
Does school teacher in a state govt owned school considered as civilian positions/ government service?

Chikki24

Aug 11, 2018

No PP request yet. Only an email on Sept 25 saying that file was transferred to the visa office in Manila. No further message or update as of yet.

We had same date to forwarded to manila but i don't have medical yet!