+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parents and Grandparents Sponsorship 2018

parpr2018

Star Member
Sep 18, 2019
Can someone tell me how long from DM to PPR.
NDVO?
Also mom dad are in Canada, would I be allowed to send passports to Canada somewhere?
Did you happen to check your spam folder. I happened to check today and found that the passport request letter is an email and was sitting in spam since yesterday. It came from ‘DoNotReply-DELHI-Immigration@international.gc.ca’

No updates in myCIC though.
The email says if you are in Canada it can be sent to Ottawa. My parents are arriving on the 6th, so will be sending out once they are here.

@YULIA-2016 here is the info for the tracker
Timeline is as below:
PGP Invitation received: 01-08-2018
File sent to CIC: 11-09-2018
File Received at CIC: 12-09-2018
AOR: 03-12-2018
Sponsor Approval: 27-03-2019
Visa Office: New Delhi
Medical & PCC requested: 27-04-2019
Medical Passed: 10-05-2019
Pre-Arrival Letter: 12-09-2019
Passport Request: 23-09-2019

Passport request is just an email, nothing in myCIC account.

Last edited:
Reactions: YULIA-2016

question6913

Sep 24, 2019
Hello all,

Is there anyone else who have had no updates yet? I applied in Sept 2018 and the file was received in Delhi in April 2019. I am able to link my account and have been checking everyday and there has been zero update!! No additional documents required, no medical or police clearance request... nothing!! Just wondering if this is normal?? Are other people in same boat? Thank you

mrlahori

Star Member
May 21, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-10-2012
AOR Received.
07-12-2012
File Transfer...
09-01-2013
Med's Done....
08-07-2012
Hi I got the PPR today. I have a question.

My mom is in Canada on a visit visa while my brother who is depdendent in application is in Pakistan.

In the letter it says how to submit in Canada & How to submit in Pakistan.

Can i just submit my mom Passport in Canada and brother passport in Pakistan ?

Do i have to confirm with CIC first for this change ? i would appreciate if anyone with similar experience can post how the process went.

How long do CIC ottawa take after submitting passport.

parpr2018

Star Member
Sep 18, 2019

My mom is in Canada on a visit visa while my brother who is depdendent in application is in Pakistan.

Do i have to confirm with CIC first for this change ? i would appreciate if anyone with similar experience can post how the process went.

You might want to contact the office where the letter came from.
My PPR states that if all including dependents are present in Canada then only send to Ottawa.
The word all is emphasized in the document. So better get it confirmed with the office.
I have read in different thread that they do allow, but better to have it confirmed and use that confirmation when sending the passport out as additional document supporting the case.

mrlahori

Star Member
May 21, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-10-2012
AOR Received.
07-12-2012
File Transfer...
09-01-2013
Med's Done....
08-07-2012
Hi @YULIA-2016 Do you have some experience or knowledge around this. i would appreciate your feedback.

Please also Update spreadsheet - PPR request received Sep 24, Mrlahori.

Last edited:

parpr2018

Star Member
Sep 18, 2019
Can someone tell how long does it take after DM to PPR?
Mine arrived exactly in a week.
It was just an email from NDVO.

It actually went to the junk mail box of gmail account. Luckily I checked it today and found that the passport was already requested yesterday itself.

There is nothing on the CIC account regarding this.

aviralanand2007

Star Member
Aug 1, 2019
Hello all,

Is there anyone else who have had no updates yet? I applied in Sept 2018 and the file was received in Delhi in April 2019. I am able to link my account and have been checking everyday and there has been zero update!! No additional documents required, no medical or police clearance request... nothing!! Just wondering if this is normal?? Are other people in same boat? Thank you
Please talk to someone at Call center, looking at the spreadsheet people with your timeline are getting PPR. Sometimes its system glitch that CIC send emails but it never goes to you and your account never gets updated. Good Luck

mrlahori

Star Member
May 21, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-10-2012
AOR Received.
07-12-2012
File Transfer...
09-01-2013
Med's Done....
08-07-2012
Whats the exact sequence to get a CIC agent when you call ?

hungrypanda0016

Star Member
Oct 4, 2018
Hello all,

My file is with NDVO and haven't heard from them since April 15. They asked me for some documents and I uploaded in My CIC account and online it shows 'Submitted documents in review'. Its been 5 months. I send them emails multiple times but no one replies back.

pgp20182nd

Star Member
Oct 29, 2018
Hello all,

Same here, no update since June, 2019.
Everything is complete, just waiting for DM.
Visa office - Mississauga.

question6913

Sep 24, 2019
Please talk to someone at Call center, looking at the spreadsheet people with your timeline are getting PPR. Sometimes its system glitch that CIC send emails but it never goes to you and your account never gets updated. Good Luck
THANK YOU. Should I call the Canada office? or New Delhi office?

Eagle_Eye2

Oct 7, 2013
*** Need Guidance please ***

I received PPR today and in that it says the passport can be submitted in Canada too, my parents are travelling this weekend on visitor VISA so I will submit the passport next week to Ottawa.

I have a question, I am the sponsor of my parents and we are expecting a new born next month, I already updated CPC-M by raising a case specific query with the expected date but haven't heard back anything from them, do I need to include any letter when I submit the passport?, the email says to update about any change in circumstances for PA (the sponsored not the sponsor), pls guide me what should I be doing?

just to note, we meed the income requirement even with one more added member to the family.

bombomdha

Star Member
Aug 30, 2019
Did you happen to check your spam folder. I happened to check today and found that the passport request letter is an email and was sitting in spam since yesterday. It came from ‘DoNotReply-DELHI-Immigration@international.gc.ca’

No updates in myCIC though.
The email says if you are in Canada it can be sent to Ottawa. My parents are arriving on the 6th, so will be sending out once they are here.

@YULIA-2016 here is the info for the tracker
Timeline is as below:
PGP Invitation received: 01-08-2018
File sent to CIC: 11-09-2018
File Received at CIC: 12-09-2018
AOR: 03-12-2018
Sponsor Approval: 27-03-2019
Visa Office: New Delhi
Medical & PCC requested: 27-04-2019
Medical Passed: 10-05-2019
Pre-Arrival Letter: 12-09-2019
Passport Request: 23-09-2019

Passport request is just an email, nothing in myCIC account.
Thanks to you that you noticed. I also found out it was delivered yesterday and due to system generated messages, it went to junk.

I have a quick question:

My mom’s stay extension application is in process. When I send pp, do I include visitor records, extension application confirmation too?

Her stay validity was until sep 08,’19

And application is in process for extension

Plz advise.

Reactions: parpr2018