+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parents and Grandparents Sponsorship 2018

pgp20182nd

Star Member
Oct 29, 2018
My mother has Cataract in one eye. The doctor advised her to not to go for surgery for now. He basically said its not worse enough for a surgery at this moment.

Will this be an issue for her medical?
Should we get the surgery before the medical?

Please advice, Thanks!

citi4raj

Champion Member
Oct 30, 2018
Brampton
We got the invitation to apply for parents sponsorship program. We are applying for my wife mother.
Here is the situation- In my wife passport - mother name has a letter extra in her first name and mothers passport name is correct which doesn't have that extra character.

My wife do have birth certificate with extra character and without extra character. Still it wont serve the purpose as cic will be looking mothers passport with my wife passport. then the mismatch will be clearly visible.

What should we do in this cases? an Affidavit will do? if anyone has gone through this scenario? anyone has a template on the notary letter format? Please advise

Ramona2019

Star Member
Apr 26, 2019
Hi,
I'm going to submit my package for 2019. I noticed some 2018 applicants were asked for travel form. So did the IRCC asked you to submit the form 5562 after you submitted initially? Should I include it in my package upfront even though not requested in the checklist?
Appreciate your feedback.

ali_2018

Jul 6, 2018
Hi,
I'm going to submit my package for 2019. I noticed some 2018 applicants were asked for travel form. So did the IRCC asked you to submit the form 5562 after you submitted initially? Should I include it in my package upfront even though not requested in the checklist?
I don't think so you need to unless it's listed on "document checklist"

Reactions: Ramona2019

Cravethe6th

Aug 8, 2018
Hi,
sometimes they will ask for the updated one... but i don't see anyone was asked for it in the past half year.

Cravethe6th

Aug 8, 2018
They are not?!o_O:confused:
Reference: https://www.cbsa-asfc.gc.ca/travel-voyage/settle-setablir-eng.html

Study and work permit requests, and requests for processing of confirmation of permanent residence at the Peace Bridge, Queenston-Lewiston Bridge and Rainbow Bridge
The Canada Border Services Agency (CBSA) for its part has implemented service hours for processing confirmation of permanent residence, and work and study permit applications at the Fort Erie (Peace Bridge), Niagara-on-the-Lake (Queenston-Lewiston Bridge) and Niagara Falls (Rainbow Bridge) ports of entry made by individuals who currently reside in Canada, possess a valid work or study permit, or hold temporary residence status, and travelled to the USA for the sole purpose of presenting their permit application at a Canadian port of entry.

Should an individual meet these criteria, applications for confirmation of permanent residence or a new work or study permit may be made at the Fort Erie (Peace Bridge), Niagara-on-the-Lake (Queenston-Lewiston Bridge) or Niagara Falls (Rainbow Bridge) ports of entry as follows:

• Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday from 8:00 a.m. to midnight
Outside of these scheduled hours, any individual who meets the requirements outlined above and crosses the border at the Peace Bridge, Queenston-Lewiston Bridge or Rainbow Bridge to process confirmation of permanent residence or apply for a work or study permit will be admitted into Canada if they meet the requirements of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act. However, their application will not be processed at the Fort Erie (Peace Bridge), Niagara-on-the-Lake (Queenston-Lewiston Bridge) or Niagara Falls (Rainbow Bridge) ports of entry, and they will be invited to submit their application to IRCC from within Canada.

Please be advised that even during the scheduled hours some applications might not be processed due to high volumes and excessive wait times and you may be invited to apply online or make an appointment with IRCC from within Canada. To learn more about IRCC’s services and access them, please visit IRCC or call 1-888-242-2100.

Imran B

Star Member
Sep 4, 2013
What is your timeline.

If you are uploading from the account that is directly related to your account ,
unless someone advises differently otherwise.
Application received in Mississauga:- May 4th,2018

Sponsorship approval:- September 10th,2018 (transferred to LVO)

Medical request (along with pre-arrival):- May 2nd, 2019

PCC:- May 9th, 2019

No Additional documents or travel history requested.

joeling2

Star Member
Jul 27, 2018
Reference: https://www.cbsa-asfc.gc.ca/travel-voyage/settle-setablir-eng.html

Study and work permit requests, and requests for processing of confirmation of permanent residence at the Peace Bridge, Queenston-Lewiston Bridge and Rainbow Bridge
The Canada Border Services Agency (CBSA) for its part has implemented service hours for processing confirmation of permanent residence, and work and study permit applications at the Fort Erie (Peace Bridge), Niagara-on-the-Lake (Queenston-Lewiston Bridge) and Niagara Falls (Rainbow Bridge) ports of entry made by individuals who currently reside in Canada, possess a valid work or study permit, or hold temporary residence status, and travelled to the USA for the sole purpose of presenting their permit application at a Canadian port of entry.

Should an individual meet these criteria, applications for confirmation of permanent residence or a new work or study permit may be made at the Fort Erie (Peace Bridge), Niagara-on-the-Lake (Queenston-Lewiston Bridge) or Niagara Falls (Rainbow Bridge) ports of entry as follows:

• Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday from 8:00 a.m. to midnight
Outside of these scheduled hours, any individual who meets the requirements outlined above and crosses the border at the Peace Bridge, Queenston-Lewiston Bridge or Rainbow Bridge to process confirmation of permanent residence or apply for a work or study permit will be admitted into Canada if they meet the requirements of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act. However, their application will not be processed at the Fort Erie (Peace Bridge), Niagara-on-the-Lake (Queenston-Lewiston Bridge) or Niagara Falls (Rainbow Bridge) ports of entry, and they will be invited to submit their application to IRCC from within Canada.

Please be advised that even during the scheduled hours some applications might not be processed due to high volumes and excessive wait times and you may be invited to apply online or make an appointment with IRCC from within Canada. To learn more about IRCC’s services and access them, please visit IRCC or call 1-888-242-2100.
Thanks.....erah....not very convenient, isn't it.....

skFSW

Jan 19, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-Jan-2010
Doc's Request.
12-Mar-2010 Doc'sent 24-Mar-10
AOR Received.
28-Apr-2010
IELTS Request
Submitted with Application
File Transfer...
14-Oct-2011 to Los Angeles
Med's Request
28-Nov-2011
Med's Done....
7-Dec-2011----Ottawa received on 22-Dec-2011
Interview........
waived it seems no where mentioned
Passport Req..
17-Jan-2012
VISA ISSUED...
30-Jan-2012 received back on 22-Feb-2012
LANDED..........
26-Feb-2012
Hi Guys.. Today my status changed to Approved.. However still waiting for the passport
But here is the status
Review of eligibility Your eligibility has been reviewed. Please see the final decision below. Help - Review of eligibility
Review of medical results You passed the medical exam. Help - Review of medical results
Review of additional documents We are reviewing the additional documents you provided. Help - Review of additional documents
Interview You do not need an interview. We will send you a message if this changes. Help - Interview
Biometrics We do not need your fingerprints. We will send you a message if this changes. Help - Biometrics
Background check Your background check was completed. Help - Background check
Final decision Your application was approved. Check your messages below for details.

Also I can see the documents details with expiry date in March 2020.

Reactions: Tan Tan

Ramona2019

Star Member
Apr 26, 2019
sometimes they will ask for the updated one... but i don't see anyone was asked for it in the past half year.
Thanks for your reply.

Do you mean you guys sent a travel form initially last year and IRCC sometimes asked for an updated form?
There is no travel form required as per the checklist. On the form 5669, there's a question asking for principle applicant's employment history. It says "if not employed" then provide something else like traveling, retired etc.

My parents were retired for the past 10 years, so should I still list the travel history in that table? Or just one line as retired? should I provide the travel form even though not requested in the checklist?

Appreciate your help.

kami999

Star Member
Apr 24, 2018
Application received in Mississauga:- May 4th,2018

Sponsorship approval:- September 10th,2018 (transferred to LVO)

Medical request (along with pre-arrival):- May 2nd, 2019

PCC:- May 9th, 2019

No Additional documents or travel history requested.
very nice good to see London Visa office moving.

Reactions: katewilson76