+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parents and Grandparents Sponsorship 2018

Cravethe6th

Aug 8, 2018
In the PPR email, CIC gave 3 address that I can send passports to: Beijing, Hong Kong and Ottawa. They ask to send a pre-paid registered envelope in the package so they can send the passports back. I don't see a need to change mail address.
so ShunFeng Express will provide the service, right?

joeling2

Star Member
Jul 27, 2018
so ShunFeng Express will provide the service, right?
sorry just checked the email again. If you are sending passports outside of Canada, you need to send the package to the Visa Application Centre with the VAC Passport Transmission fee. So it is not pre-paid envelope. I sent in Canada. However, If you attached an address changing form. I see no reason they would send it back to wrong address.

Last edited:

Cravethe6th

Aug 8, 2018
sorry just checked the email again. If you are sending passports outside of Canada, you need to send the package to the Visa Application Centre with the VAC Passport Transmission fee. So it is not pre-paid envelope.
so for submitting in China, do you need to change the mailing address?

joeling2

Star Member
Jul 27, 2018
so for submitting in China, do you need to change the mailing address?
If you used Chinese address in original form as your mailing address and you plan to submit in China, I don't think you need to change. I used my Canada address as mailing adress and Chinese address as resident address. If my parents had to submit their passports in China, I would change mailing address so they have a record in the system. You never know if CIC cares enough to know not to use a Canadian address just because system says so.

sam1986

Apr 21, 2011
Alberta
Hello @sam1986

Congratulations. Did your background check changed to in progress that we are looking into it or it aways remains the same that we will update you once we start your background check. It is more then a month that they have my PCC received, medicals received last week and updated, however my GCkey still says, we will send you messege once we start looking your BC .
This is what see still on GC key account.

We are processing your background check. We will send you a message if we need more information.

jas1989

Mar 24, 2015
This is what see still on GC key account.

We are processing your background check. We will send you a message if we need more information.
Thanks, my one is stuck at we will send you a messege once we start doing your check. They received last month on 12 april. Waiting now

Cravethe6th

Aug 8, 2018
If you used Chinese address in original form as your mailing address and you plan to submit in China, I don't think you need to change. I used my Canada address as mailing adress and Chinese address as resident address. If my parents had to submit their passports in China, I would change mailing address so they have a record in the system. You never know if CIC cares enough to know not to use a Canadian address just because system says so.
if you submit it to Beijing, please let me know how long it takes to get your passport back and stamped?

jorida

Star Member
May 4, 2010
Hi jorida,

My dad was in Canada so we had to provide PCC from Canada for which you have to give fingerprints anyways.
There was no separate request for fingerprints
Hello ,
My mother did PCC but they but we were told that they didn't need it form Canada. This is wired .
Thank you for the reply

jorida

Star Member
May 4, 2010
hello, for those who completed medical in canada, how long did it take before your results reflected on ecas or my Cic account? My dmp says results were uploaded 2 weeks back but nothing yet when I check online.
And for any of you who received furtherance, was that communication through Cic account or via email? Just wondering if I missed any communication or action from my end.
For my mother in 1 week they send a message that they received and a week after medical passed

snganu

Oct 2, 2011
I received invitation to apply for parents Sponsorship 2019.
I am sponsoring my mother.
How do you prove relationship if your birth certificate does not mention mother's name. In old times in my country (India) there used to be no formal birth certificate and education certificate was accepted as birth certificate, However the education certificate only has father's name.

Godzilla9

Sep 22, 2012
Please beat me if I have asked this before you have already responded to this, just nervous.

I received invitation to apply through 2019 PGP today. My mom signed the forms mid-March. Is it sufficient for me to sign with today's date and send out the application, or she needs to sign the forms after the invitation date. Did anyone had a similar experience?