Parents and Grandparents Sponsorship 2018

ali_2018

Jul 6, 2018
Reactions: tifmoon

sk2019

Jan 18, 2019
Well i think the guide clearly says that

If your family size changes
If your family size changes during the processing of your sponsorship application, the income requirements you need to meet for each applicable year will also change,

That means dont plan for family till done with sponsorship application or make sure you counted new added members for all the years as well.
This is wrong.

here is what CIC webcite says

"
You, the sponsor (and your co-signer, if applicable), must prove that you have enough income to support all the people you’ll be financially responsible for once you become a sponsor. We call this your “family size”, which is the number of people you’ll be responsible for.

To calculate your family size, include:

• yourself
  • your spouse or common-law partner (who could also be your co-signer)
  • your dependent children
    • only include your children if they meet the definition of a dependent child
    • for young children, only include them starting on the year they were born (see example 2)
  • your spouse’s or partner’s dependent children
    • only include children who meet the definition of a dependent child
    • for young children, only include them starting on the year they were born (see example 2)
  • any other person you (and your co-signer, if applicable) may have sponsored in the past, for whom you’re still financially responsible
  • the parents and grandparents you want to sponsor and their dependants (spouse or partner and dependent children). You must also include
    • any dependent children who won’t come to Canada with your parents or grandparents
    • your parent or grandparent’s spouse or partner, even if they won’t come to Canada
    • your parent or grandparents’ separated spouse
Here are examples to help you calculate your family size.

Example 2
Juan and Lise had a baby in 2017. Juan wants to sponsor his mother. Lise won’t co-sign the application. Juan’s mother doesn’t have a spouse, partner or any dependent children.

For 2017 and 2018, Juan’s family size is 4:

• Juan
  • his partner, Lise
  • his baby
  • his mother
For 2017 and 2018, Juan must check if he meets the income requirement for 4 persons.

For 2016, Juan’s family size was 3:

• Because Juan’s baby wasn’t born yet, the baby is not included for that year.
For 2016, Juan must check if he meets the income requirements for 3 persons."

Here is the link to the webcite

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?qnum=1460#e2

Cravethe6th

Aug 8, 2018
My parents application is with HK. I did their Canada PCC (same situation, they stayed longer than 6 months). They are picky regarding documents. It is a lot of trouble to get additional documents from China. Notarized Hukou is same you do with Chinese PCC. make a copy of every page that has a name and cover of the Hukou and notarized at GongZhengChu. Ask your family in China to do it for her.
may I ask what address you put on mailing and residential address in the application??

sk2019

Jan 18, 2019
If you are 2018 applicants.. so the Lico is 2015 - 2017 but you had baby 2018, did they count the baby to the Lico even the baby was not there to the 3 years taxes?
here is what CIC webcite says

"
You, the sponsor (and your co-signer, if applicable), must prove that you have enough income to support all the people you’ll be financially responsible for once you become a sponsor. We call this your “family size”, which is the number of people you’ll be responsible for.

To calculate your family size, include:

• yourself
  • your spouse or common-law partner (who could also be your co-signer)
  • your dependent children
    • only include your children if they meet the definition of a dependent child
  • your spouse’s or partner’s dependent children
    • only include children who meet the definition of a dependent child
  • any other person you (and your co-signer, if applicable) may have sponsored in the past, for whom you’re still financially responsible
  • the parents and grandparents you want to sponsor and their dependants (spouse or partner and dependent children). You must also include
    • any dependent children who won’t come to Canada with your parents or grandparents
    • your parent or grandparent’s spouse or partner, even if they won’t come to Canada
    • your parent or grandparents’ separated spouse
Here are examples to help you calculate your family size.

Example 2
Juan and Lise had a baby in 2017. Juan wants to sponsor his mother. Lise won’t co-sign the application. Juan’s mother doesn’t have a spouse, partner or any dependent children.

For 2017 and 2018, Juan’s family size is 4:

• Juan
  • his partner, Lise
  • his baby
  • his mother
For 2017 and 2018, Juan must check if he meets the income requirement for 4 persons.

For 2016, Juan’s family size was 3:

• Because Juan’s baby wasn’t born yet, the baby is not included for that year.
For 2016, Juan must check if he meets the income requirements for 3 persons."

Here is the link to the webcite

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?qnum=1460#e2

Tan Tan

Star Member
Sep 12, 2018
Category........
it's a question from sk2019:

in your case they asked IME on 07/17/2018 , is there any update of IME, is it passed or still in process? what's the message in your GCKey?

Thank you

sk2019

Jan 18, 2019
it's a question from sk2019:

in your case they asked IME on 07/17/2018 , is there any update of IME, is it passed or still in process? what's the message in your GCKey?

Thank you
Yes, it says medical passed. it doesn't say the date but I remember checking it back in August. My dads medical was finished on August 2 and was submitted around August 12. They had updated it shortly after. I have a screenshot from august 30 which says medical passed. So couple weeks after my dads medical was submitted, it changed to medical passed.

Reactions: Tan Tan

tifmoon

Apr 10, 2017
My parents application is with HK. I did their Canada PCC (same situation, they stayed longer than 6 months). They are picky regarding documents. It is a lot of trouble to get additional documents from China. Notarized Hukou is same you do with Chinese PCC. make a copy of every page that has a name and cover of the Hukou and notarized at GongZhengChu. Ask your family in China to do it for her.
Did you include the PCC from Canada when you sent the extra request documents to HK at the beginning? Or HK visa office specific request Canadian PCC in email? I'm a bit confused about it now.

joeling2

Star Member
Jul 27, 2018
Thanks for the input. Do you mind share your experience about how to apply for Canada PCC? Any link would be helpful.

My problem is my Mom is going to go back to China next week, good thing is she can go back and prepare the PCC and Hukou stuff, but I don't know how to get Canada PCC if she's in China.
Is she in Toronto?

In the email that asking for PCC, it says any country stayed over 6 months. I have a friend same situation, she get Canada PCC for her parents. I don't really know if they need it but would you risk delaying the process?

Reactions: tifmoon

Cravethe6th

Aug 8, 2018
true.. and i heard there's one chinese case transferred to NEW DELHI.....
i heard hk may request the birth certificate issued by the hospital, aka 出生纸. but for most hospitals in China, they only keep the record for 30 years. and What's worse is as per the tradition, some of babies don't have the name at the point of birth.